PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a bed with someone who lays on your hair

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Hey :) was just wondering how many people find that if they share a bed with someone the other person ends up laying on their hair. My boyfriend manages to do it even though my hair isnt that long lol. Maybe I should wear it up to sleep.

James M
June 27th, 2010, 03:52 AM
I've been wondering about stuff sort of like this... Currently sleeping alone, by choice thanks very much :p, and so I don't have the exact problem you speak of... But, I roll around a lot, and sometimes wake up in the morning with some BIG hair... Haha My hair is really soft and fine, but lately when I go to sleep I've been a little more aware that maybe all the rubbing on my pillow could be damaging the locks.

What should someone do? :confused:

RachelRain
June 27th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Putting mine up doesn't help... I'm a thrasher, so eventually it'll fall out and he'll be on it. I've found if I can get my hair somewhat dry before I go to bed, and I put it in a braid, I can keep it under my shirt and then I'm the only one laying on it.

... Of course, everytime you get up, the braid is ice cold again... but all in all I think it's worth it. :)

Merlin
June 27th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Mrs Merlin has never complained about this when she has long hair.

The only 'sleep and hair' issue has been the other way round after she's had a perm...the lingering odour of perming solution....sort of like you imagine a gas attack on the Somme...

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Yeah I've got a fringe (or bangs if your american) and in the morning that can end up quite big and sticking up quite a bit

lesbia
June 27th, 2010, 06:41 AM
Fortunately my boyfriend (who also have long hair :D) pays so much attention to my hair, but of course sometimes involuntarily he hurt them..

Fiferstone
June 27th, 2010, 08:16 AM
I find that keeping it in a sleep braid (simple English braid) prevents my DH from lying on it painfully, it's also easy to pull out from under him. I don't have to wake him up to get my hair "free" :).

princessp
June 27th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Yes! Now I put it up in cinnamon bun (no clip) and cover with a silk wrap (I use pretty wraps). My hair is softer for it and I no longer wake up with Mr. handsome on my hair :)

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
haha nice name Mr Handsom :)

spidermom
June 27th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I do a top-of-head braid, but sometimes I roll over on it. My husband never has.

Speckla
June 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I oil my hair, put it in a bun, and then put a silk bonnet on top of that. No one's ever rolled over my hair. :)

StarryNight
June 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Nape bun with 2 pin and a satin night cap. :) solved the problem of bf on hair, as well as cat on hair.

jera
June 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Oh, yeah. "Ouch, You're on my hair," is frequently heard in my house. :o I sleep with my hair loose and fanned out over the pillow, or over to one side. It still gets rolled on though. :p

Eniratak
June 27th, 2010, 04:13 PM
This happens to me quite frequently.
I think it's because my boyfriend has never had someone with hair as long as mine. There is constantly a chorus of 'Ow. My hair. Watch my hair.'
We don't live together, so it's usually just when we're on his bed, but I've found that if I throw it up and over my head or pull it into a braid, it's fine.

emsahib
June 27th, 2010, 04:23 PM
yeah one of my old cats used to sit on my pillow and sometimes paw my hair lol

rachelily
June 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Haha my boyfriend lays on mine too and it's not that long either! Just APL. He also loves playing with it and it seems so sweet til I found out the whole time he's really been tying knots in it and laughing quietly to himself.

windinherhair
June 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
That is one of the reasons why I started to wear my hair up at night, and because one time I caught one of my cats nibbling on it!

pinkrice
June 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I usually put my hair in a braid, but when I don't, yet the boyfriend sleeps on my hair. And he sleeps like a log so I usually have to yank it free. :(

pinkrice
June 27th, 2010, 06:20 PM
That was supposed to say "yes, the boyfriend sleeps on it". Can't edit posts. >.<

Tiina
June 27th, 2010, 06:26 PM
My DH tends to be in constant contact with my head all night no matter how it is done or covered. If he's not sleeping on my braid/pony/loose hair, he is cuddling my whole head. Well, can't blame a man for something he doesn't do consciously so I prefer to sleep on him instead with a silk scarf wrapped around my head. :p

JenniferNoel
June 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Never had a problem. I just put a scarf over a side braid and it's perfectly comfy! :)

Juneii
June 27th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah it happens to me a lot, I now make it a habit to wear a braid around him, heck I get tangled in my own hair at night...

rachelily
June 27th, 2010, 08:47 PM
That is one of the reasons why I started to wear my hair up at night, and because one time I caught one of my cats nibbling on it!

HAHAHA this made me lol :) My cat does this on occasion when I sit on the couch and she's on the top of the couch and she'll be chewing away.

AlleyKitten
June 28th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I lay on my own hair a lot more often than DH does. We have a really big bed, and each of us tends to burrito up in our own blanket, so we're not super close together at night. I recently switched from a sleep braid to doing a multi-elastic caterpillar style (at his suggestion, it's really sweet how much he thinks about my hair), but with both of them, I tend to toss them up over my pillow, and sometimes tuck them under from the back, to keep them out from under me. Elastics make uncomfy lumps to get in the ribs. I have a hard time sleeping with a bun, it messes up the way I lay my head, especially trying to sleep on my back.

emsahib
June 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
rachelily my hairs a lot shorter than yours and he still manages it, dunno what im gonna do when it actually gets long. The knot thing is kinda funny, and annoying obviously :) maybe you should tie his shoe laces together.

Tiina aww that really cute that he cuddles your head :)

freckles
June 28th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I am (almost) always asleep before DBF, awake after him, and impossible to wake in between, so if he does lie on it, I've never noticed :p I wear one or two english braids to sleep anyway. He has been known to lean on it if we're on the sofa or whatever though.

Alcenaia
June 28th, 2010, 10:29 AM
I try to keep my hair, whether braided or not, tossed over the back of the pillow toward the headboard, with mixed success. Sometimes someone will sit or lay on it. Cuddling usually results in hair in face or hair under someone's elbow.

At a sleepover when I was younger, I reportedly smacked the girl lying next to me in the face with my hair as I rolled over. Sorry! :p

rachelily
June 28th, 2010, 05:55 PM
rachelily my hairs a lot shorter than yours and he still manages it, dunno what im gonna do when it actually gets long. The knot thing is kinda funny, and annoying obviously :) maybe you should tie his shoe laces together.

Tiina aww that really cute that he cuddles your head :)

Hahaha I like the way you think. And I'm afraid for when mine gets longer, too!

AllwaysLovely
June 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM
This was part of the reason I cut my hair in the first place. I think this go around I will start braiding my hair to the side before bed.

dollhouse
June 29th, 2010, 04:49 PM
One time my boyfriend fell asleep on my hair and left me in pain for the rest of the night. He is a REALLY deep sleeper! I couldn't get him to budge.

xkmx
June 29th, 2010, 07:50 PM
My fianc&#233; used to roll over and sleep on my hair, which left me with painful neck cramps. Now I just sleep with it in a high bun and he hasn't managed to accidentally trap it again.

emsahib
June 30th, 2010, 12:31 AM
for those of you with bfs with long hair do you find you end up returning the favour and laying on theirs??

trolleypup
June 30th, 2010, 01:25 AM
for those of you with bfs with long hair do you find you end up returning the favour and laying on theirs??
Not bfs, but...I am much more likely to be on top of my hair. However, despite the remarkable amount of hair on the bed when we are together, neither one of us is a major thrasher or roller, so each one's hair tends to stay where it is put om the pillows.

Also...past a certain length, hair will tend to say where it is put.

Amelia
June 30th, 2010, 05:00 AM
This is way i have a biiiig bed :P No one sleeps on my hair. it's up or on a braid to sleep. No danger here:thumbsup: