PDA

View Full Version : observation on having long hair

twilight
June 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM
lately i've been realizing that having "long" hair (which i consider past BSL at this point in my life, since that is when people start to say, "hey your hair is SO LONG") is sort of like having no hair at all.

when i wake up in the morning, i put it up first thing for convenience and protection, and by the time i realize i haven't even detangled for the day, it's nighttime, and i braid or bun for bed. where is the glorious enjoyment of my long hair?? what's the point??

these are really just rhetorical questions, but seriously... unless i am going somewhere--which is such a rare occasion these days!--it's like i don't even have the hair i spent so long working to get.

i'm not actually complaining, i just find it strange. i love my hair, i guess i'm just whining that i don't get to show it off much. my one-year old likes it but she's not much of an audience... :o

how do you all feel about "hiding" your hair most of the time (if you do)?

Tiina
June 26th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I usually hide my hair too but it makes it all the more special when I do wear it down. :)

jane53
June 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I wore my hair down almost all the time before I started reading here and I still wear it down a LOT. My hair is hip length, and if I'm just going to hide it, I'd rather cut it off really short.

HintOfMint
June 26th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I completely empathize. I'm trying to change my mindset about hair. Basically I try to think of my hair as a special occasion dress. I don't wear my favorite yellow silk dress everyday, do I?
I also try to think of more practical reasons. I'm starting law school and law is a notoriously conservative field. I won't be able to wear my hair down at work, so I should get used to wearing it up. Also a french twist is a pretty professional hairstyle, so at least that will be my first impression on the people who matter for my career.
In essence, I'm getting into the mindset that loose hair is for socializing and special occasions, not the everyday. It's hard, I miss having loose hair, and I feel so much prettier when it's down. Ah well. At least my hair is nicely protected for those days when I wear it down!

rachelily
June 26th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I completely agree - when my hair gets longer I am gonna show it off every day and wear it DOWN! What's the point otherwise? Although, it is like wearing hot pink underwear and no one knows - just having super long gorgeous hair all pinned up, just your little secret :)

Then again, my hair is gonna stop at a little below BSL and not an extreme length, so protective styling isn't as necessary for me as someone with tailbone or longer hair. But the reason I want mine long is for the way it will look down.

jane53
June 26th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I don't understand the notion that wearing hair up protects it.

I get breakage from wearing it up. (Twisting, fastening, keeping it tight enough.)

Now, I DO wear it up fairly often--for professional reasons like you, HintOfMint--but it's a style matter or a professional appearance matter, not a hair protection matter.

My hair is hip length only because I cut it frequently. I could wear it down forever and not cut it and it would get very long.

Carolyn
June 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
I do see what you are saying but part of having long hair and keeping it nice is "hiding" it in an updo. Updo's can be a nice pleasure themselves. I love a pretty twist of hair on the back of my head, held with a cool hairtoy. I'm at the place where my hair is for me. It's not about showing it off to other people. That's not on my radar anymore. If I feel like wearing it down and the conditions are right, I do it. It's all about trade offs.

Lark
June 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I am just happy my hair is long enough to wear up! The house I live in is on top of a hill in the middle of a valley, very windy all the time! If I go out without it up I am instantly blind, lol. We also do not have AC in the car so all the windows are down. The only place I can safely wear my hair down is inside the house!

Amraann
June 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
It is so hot here lately that my hair is up!

The heat index today is 106.

I really do like wearing it down but I spend most of my days on my screen porch and it is just to hot!

PrincessTieflin
June 26th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I usually hide my hair too but it makes it all the more special when I do wear it down. :)

^^ Exactly, I love the responce I get 'WOW look how long your hair is getting' Even tho my hair is not that long .. (to some ;) ) APL or just past, havent looked in a while

It also helps me grow because I am kinda ignoring it.

JenniferNoel
June 26th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I wear up dos only because I like them. I'm more of a braid person.
I wear my hair down quite a bit, 4 days a week usually.
I never get length comments here at midback, it's pretty common around here. I don't feel the need to show it off too much but it does feel so good to have my hair out and flowing.

bumblebums
June 26th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I actually like the two extremes (buzz cut vs. BSL+). Both are very practical, and pretty much the only styles that work for keeping your hair safe and out of the way. As Janis Cortese puts it here (http://www.io.com/~cortese/hair/faq.html),

"Q: If You Wear It Up All The Time, Why Not Just Cut It?

A: Because then I couldn't wear it up at all. (Duh.)"

Cailie
June 26th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I understand what you mean

but updo's can be beautiful and special too... and lots of them cannot be accomplished nicely (or at all) with short hair... when I see what those with long hair can do with theirs, I'm jealous :p

& the possibility of wearing it down for special occasions... makes it more special :)

And this being said ... when i reach my goal length (waist), I plan on wearing it down a lot and trimm every month (to maintain). As the trimming will be regular, and I will still take care of my hair in general, I don't think I will need updo's so much to protect it. At least not as much as during a "growing phase" where I trimm less frequently, for example...

Beatrice
June 26th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I completely empathize. I'm trying to change my mindset about hair. Basically I try to think of my hair as a special occasion dress. I don't wear my favorite yellow silk dress everyday, do I?
I also try to think of more practical reasons. I'm starting law school and law is a notoriously conservative field. I won't be able to wear my hair down at work, so I should get used to wearing it up. Also a french twist is a pretty professional hairstyle, so at least that will be my first impression on the people who matter for my career.
In essence, I'm getting into the mindset that loose hair is for socializing and special occasions, not the everyday. It's hard, I miss having loose hair, and I feel so much prettier when it's down. Ah well. At least my hair is nicely protected for those days when I wear it down!

I'm exactly where you are. I'll be a 1L this August, and my hair is almost at APL. I feel funny about leaving it down and unstyled at this length. It's a little big, with a weak and uneven wave. I'll be glad when it's long enough for more than a ponytail. Even a French twist doesn't hold right now, because of my layers.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll even want to keep my hair at BSL after I graduate. While I love being able to put my hair up and get it out of the way, I've always worn my hair down to school, and I'm not sure I see myself wearing updos to work everyday. Maybe it'll grow on me. You're right about the professional look, and it's always nice to have your hair out of your face when you're busy.

Ice~Cold~Wind
June 26th, 2010, 03:11 PM
I wore it up my entire senior year of high school and when I finally took it down, people had no idea it was so long(before I cut off a lot of damage from neglect and it was to my tailbone then). It was funny seeing all those stares. :) Whenever I tell people that my hair is really long, they don't belive me 'cause it's up all of the time. I love it long, even if I hide it. I say don't fret so much and enjoy it. What's the point of any hair lenght? It's all superficial, but if you like it, then who cares? :D

ifyouforget
June 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Very much agree with bumblebums. I've had a short short pixie and I've had hiplength hair, and they are very similar in terms of being low-maintenance and easy to keep out of the way.
That said, I'm actually growing my hair back out in large part *because* of the updos. There's something so much fun about being able to create such a variety of different styles, because there's so much material to work with.
Plus, unlike with short hair, you can use so many more fun hairtoys! I am eagerly awaiting the day I can break out my sticks again- what could be more fun than adorning ones head with various forms of jewelry to fit your mood? (not to mention the freedom to switch up your style in oh....about 30 seconds, if the mood strikes.)
Can you tell I love updos? Haha

goodenough
June 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I like the way it looks up. I need to look "older" for work, and updos work for that. I like the way I look with an updo. And when it's anything shorter than shoulder, it all just goes in my face anyway.

twilight
June 26th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I actually like the two extremes (buzz cut vs. BSL+). Both are very practical, and pretty much the only styles that work for keeping your hair safe and out of the way. As Janis Cortese puts it here (http://www.io.com/%7Ecortese/hair/faq.html),

hahaha, good one :)

linda g
June 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Even when I have my hair up all day at work, it's not like I would get to "enjoy" my long hair while I was working...

But I do get the pleasure of handling it before and after work, and in the process of getting it into that updo.

twilight
June 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
i wasn't thinking of all the fun hairstyles that only longer hair can do, and of course the hairtoys... oh the hairtoys...

i'm not saying i don't appreciate a good updo, i just feel like a lame-o for putting all this effort and concentration into something that basically never gets appreciated (even by me)!

i guess that's what LHC is for, eh? :cheese:

Carolyn
June 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
i'm not saying i don't appreciate a good updo, i just feel like a lame-o for putting all this effort and concentration into something that basically never gets appreciated (even by me)!

i guess that's what LHC is for, eh? :cheese:Maybe make more of an effort to have fun with your hair at home. I love sitting around the house in a spaghetti strap top or nightgown with my hair down. I also really enjoy my hair air drying time. It's little moments like that that make me so glad I have long hair.

twilight
June 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Maybe make more of an effort to have fun with your hair at home. I love sitting around the house in a spaghetti strap top or nightgown with my hair down. I also really enjoy my hair air drying time. It's little moments like that that make me so glad I have long hair.

i think i will do that right now! baby's asleep, dinner's in the oven... why not?!

pennylane
June 26th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I completely agree - when my hair gets longer I am gonna show it off every day and wear it DOWN! What's the point otherwise? Although, it is like wearing hot pink underwear and no one knows - just having super long gorgeous hair all pinned up, just your little secret :)

Then again, my hair is gonna stop at a little below BSL and not an extreme length, so protective styling isn't as necessary for me as someone with tailbone or longer hair. But the reason I want mine long is for the way it will look down.

Second that. :thumbsup:

I will only grow BSL .

Why?

Because i want to wear it down always

I don't get any pleasure or happiness or satisfaction wearing my hair up or trying new buns, or "keeping my hair to myself" ... etc.

I only enjoy my hair down.

End of story for me.

rachelily
June 26th, 2010, 05:31 PM

I get breakage from wearing it up. (Twisting, fastening, keeping it tight enough.)

Now, I DO wear it up fairly often--for professional reasons like you, HintOfMint--but it's a style matter or a professional appearance matter, not a hair protection matter.

My hair is hip length only because I cut it frequently. I could wear it down forever and not cut it and it would get very long.

I agree, braiding my hair (and especially tightly braiding it) just roughs up my hair cuticle! Any tightening motion on hair goes against its grain and damages it, this is what I don't understand about updos. And when I put up my hair, I can see breakage on my canopy in the back where the pony started. My hair likes being down much better.

HintOfMint
June 26th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Perhaps I should clarify. My main reason to wear it up RIGHT NOW, is to protect it. My main sources of damage are friction against my back and tangles, so wearing it up is much better for my hair than letting it down. It is different for everybody, and Jane53, how I envy the fact that you can wear it down. I bring up professional reasons to basically find a silver lining to wearing my hair up all the time, even though I prefer it down.

I'm exactly where you are. I'll be a 1L this August, and my hair is almost at APL. I feel funny about leaving it down and unstyled at this length. It's a little big, with a weak and uneven wave. I'll be glad when it's long enough for more than a ponytail. Even a French twist doesn't hold right now, because of my layers.

Sometimes I wonder if I'll even want to keep my hair at BSL after I graduate. While I love being able to put my hair up and get it out of the way, I've always worn my hair down to school, and I'm not sure I see myself wearing updos to work everyday. Maybe it'll grow on me. You're right about the professional look, and it's always nice to have your hair out of your face when you're busy.

Congratulations! I'm pretty set on keeping long hair after graduation, especially since I have no intention of letting my boss or colleagues see me with my hair down. Considering my waves, the easiest way for me to achieve the neatest look is a French twist.

julliams
June 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
I'm aiming for waist length which is only a couple of inches away for me now (my longest layer) I think for me it's all about how it will look down but there are also some wicked updo's that I just need more length for to be able to do. Also, I remember being able to tie my hair in a knot in order to get it out of my face and I think if it's waistlength I will be able to do that - it's really easy when you have to wash your face at night and can't find a hair tie (silly I know but I thought it was really cool when I could do it).

Ice~Cold~Wind
June 26th, 2010, 09:35 PM
I agree, braiding my hair (and especially tightly braiding it) just roughs up my hair cuticle! Any tightening motion on hair goes against its grain and damages it, this is what I don't understand about updos. And when I put up my hair, I can see breakage on my canopy in the back where the pony started. My hair likes being down much better.

I have to agree with both of you. During the time when I was 10-12, I had really long hair that I never did anything with. People would complain(especially my grandmother) about how I never put it up. I barely had any damage when I had it down all of the time. Nowadays I keep it up almost all of the time. From what I can see, keeping my hair up or in a braid has never significantly damaged it either, but I don't think it matters as long as you handle your hair with tlc. ;)

missjessiecakes
June 26th, 2010, 09:51 PM
I am growing my hair out BECAUSE of the updos I love how many options I will have. And the toys OH THE TOYS!

Juneii
June 26th, 2010, 09:59 PM
The point of a protective updo is because for some people it does protect it (forgot who it was who asked why we put it up). I know that if I leave my hair down for too long (letting it whip around the wind and such) I will get some nasty splits.
The reason why I am growing my hair long even though I put it up a lot of the time is because at night I get to take it down and I enjoy the length - which is all that really matters to me.

Arctic_Mama
June 27th, 2010, 12:34 AM
See, most of the reason I like long hair is because of updos! I find them creative, beautiful, and convenient. Then when I do want to wear my hair down there is a HUGE wow factor for both the length and condition.

When k wore my hair long and curly before, it was down almost every day, the knots under my neck were terrible, it looked ratty and dry, it got abraded so badly. My hair is a little too fine, curly, and fragile to take that much abuse on any high level of frequency without it showing up and looking icky.

Loreley
June 27th, 2010, 01:10 AM
I wear it up most of the time because it's too long to be worn down often. It gets caught in everything, I sit on it... Not to mention that it's very hot in summer. But I sometimes let it down after I finished school and going to the bus station.

Nera
June 27th, 2010, 04:39 AM
I totally agree with you twilight.
I wear my hair under a headscarf in the sunlight, because otherwise the sun burns my black hair, but otherwise i wear it down all the time.

I love my hair, people love my hair, wearing updoes doesn't quite suite me. I

I love big buns and such, but for me i prefere the elegance of long hair i can actually feel flowing on my arms and back.

lesbia
June 27th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I love long hair, but if I wear long hair up it's like I have short hair: I love long hair when they're down. I think long hair up = short hair :)

But I wear my hair up in the summer because it's hot and also when I go to school to prevent damage and because I feel more comfortable.

In the end I wear my hair up when I have to do this, but everytime I can (expecially when I am with my boyfriend, who prefer my hair down) I let them down because I want to see my long hair! :D

Coffeebug
June 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Hahahaha this is a brilliant thread cos I often think that about mine.. I never have it unbraided - therefore like you say, it is long, but it is not! All very odd really, I'm not sure I see the point, yet I don't cut it!

spidermom
June 27th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I don't understand this notion of "what's the point of having long hair if you're going to wear it up all the time?" Because when it's my time to let it down and enjoy my hair, I can. If I got it cut short, it might be convenient, but I'd never get to enjoy it. And who would I show it off to by wearing it down, anyway? People who would ask me why don't I get it cut into a fashionable style? Forget that nonsense!

little_acorn
June 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Heh I'm with you Spidy :)

I love my hair because I can wear it up and use really cool stuff to stick it up with and/or do some amazing buns/braids. I can also wear it down if I want to - bonus :thumbsup:

katha
June 27th, 2010, 12:31 PM
It's variety. With short hair, it's just that. Short.
Long hair, well, I can braid it in different ways, I can put it up, I can put it half up, I can let it down... there are so many different things I can do with long(ish) hair, sometimes I feel as if I could pretend to be somebody entirely different when I wear it in a way I don't usually wear.

For me it's the variety, definetely.

tofuowl
June 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM

I agree--I actually think I lose more hair from bunning it up than from "exposing" it by leaving it down (though maybe now that I'm using sticks more than scrunchies, the bun will be more protective than destructive . . . ). At night, I can't exactly bun it with sticks though. It definitely gets more tangled in a scrunchie bun than loose!

I would wear it loose all the time if I were more confident about my ends. While I'm actively growing, they do tend to "fairytale" a bit, and I'm just not a fan. So in this respect, long hair growing causes me to *want* to hide my hair in an updo when I go out, because until I reach my desired length and start trimming more, I feel my hair looks scraggly down :/

Like HintOfMint, I'm also going into a profession which will require me to find a way to securely fasten my hair out of the way, both to protect my hair, and to protect patients/people I work with (I'm going to be a nurse). If I were convinced that wearing my hair up were safer for my hair, maybe I would look forward to this one aspect of the job more, lol! As it stands, I'm not confident enough that sticks would hold my hair all day, and scrunchies are fairly destructive. Alas...

DARKMARTIAN
June 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Having long hair is more of a choice and a conscious effort than a pure act of neglect. More often than not for a person to possess such an adornment, its by way of personal enjoyment. So on the subject of an "audience", for me, I would have long hair regardless of whether or not anyone were looking. And wearing it up is certainly not considered by me to be an act of non-enjoyment....because braids, buns, updo's, whatever.....its all just another facet of lengthy hairs and a variation on its presentation. A Hummer is not a volkswagon, but they're both still vehicles. And obviously......without long hair....you couldnt have the braids and buns in the first place.......I guess.....:)

sophistiCat *
June 27th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Focusing on the health and length of my hair, learning new updos and how to take care of it makes me focus on a part of my body that I like. It takes my focus away from the things about my appearance that I don't like. For me, putting my hair up means taking care of it and that makes me feel good about myself. I think I may wear it down more when I've reached my goal, but as I am going to be a primary school teacher I want to wear it up every day to avoid headlice lol. The kids that I work with are always saying they like how I do my hair and that it looks different every day, and kids are definetly people you can trust to tell the truth about things like that!

bumblebums
June 27th, 2010, 04:25 PM
I like the variety of options that comes with long hair. You can wear it in a myriad of different styles, and the only investment you have to make is in nice hair accessories. Which can be considerable. But think of all the money you save on product! With short hair, the only variety you can enjoy comes exclusively from the product you use, and how you use it. Do you slick it down or spike it up, etc. I'd rather take accessories--they don't damage my hair or pollute the environment. And they generally stick around for more than a few months.

windinherhair
June 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM

I love this comment! I wear my hair up to work all week, and then wear it down on my off days, and I think it feels more special too. When I wear it down I am reminded of how grateful I am that my long hair is still there.

Quixii
June 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I just don't hide my hair. :shrug: Yes, I could have less damage, but I really love my hair and I don't want to bother with being worried about it all the time. I put it in a ponytail or whatever style and don't worry about it.

Capybara
June 28th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I wear my hair down whenever I feel like it.

I do enjoy wearing it up, though. It's interesting - I used to be the one gleaning hairstyle information every time I saw a friend with a pretty style. Now, they come to me because of the up-do's I've learned :D

twilight
June 28th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I don't understand this notion of "what's the point of having long hair if you're going to wear it up all the time?" Because when it's my time to let it down and enjoy my hair, I can. If I got it cut short, it might be convenient, but I'd never get to enjoy it. And who would I show it off to by wearing it down, anyway? People who would ask me why don't I get it cut into a fashionable style? Forget that nonsense!

oh i totally agree, i'm not saying "better off short if not down" i am just lamenting my lack of enjoyment of it, as it's always up in a boring utilitarian cinnabun... which is really my own fault.

i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, how they deal with it.

going gray
June 28th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Very much agree with bumblebums. I've had a short short pixie and I've had hiplength hair, and they are very similar in terms of being low-maintenance and easy to keep out of the way.
That said, I'm actually growing my hair back out in large part *because* of the updos. There's something so much fun about being able to create such a variety of different styles, because there's so much material to work with.
Plus, unlike with short hair, you can use so many more fun hairtoys! I am eagerly awaiting the day I can break out my sticks again- what could be more fun than adorning ones head with various forms of jewelry to fit your mood? (not to mention the freedom to switch up your style in oh....about 30 seconds, if the mood strikes.)
Can you tell I love updos? Haha

So well said, this is exactly how I feel too.

twilight
June 28th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Focusing on the health and length of my hair, learning new updos and how to take care of it makes me focus on a part of my body that I like. It takes my focus away from the things about my appearance that I don't like.

now that's a really good point. my hair is probably my favorite "feature" or whatever--at least now, pregnant twice in a row and rather, shall we say, soft in several areas as a result--so i should be appreciating it more and using it to make myself feel pretty on days where i just feel like i am overweight and unattractive. even if no one is watching. :o

going gray
June 28th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Exactly, what a great point, I couldn't agree more!

hmmm
July 2nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
oh i totally agree, i'm not saying "better off short if not down" i am just lamenting my lack of enjoyment of it, as it's always up in a boring utilitarian cinnabun... which is really my own fault.

i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so, how they deal with it.

I do this quite a lot, I put it up in a looped pony tail or a french twist, it never changes. It doesn't really bother me, because I'm at home most of the time, and it's such a pain with all the layers, to get it completely out of the way. It doesn't matter. I'm waiting for the day my braids look less stubby though.

Spike
July 2nd, 2010, 01:07 PM
I love long hair, but if I wear long hair up it's like I have short hair: I love long hair when they're down. I think long hair up = short hair :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I love my hair long. I love the deep conditioning, I love the TLC. I love having it up and off my neck in the summer, I love doing something "simple" and having it LOOK complex. (thanks-- this is two accent English braids and a rose braid chignon. took five minutes after the shower.)

I love being able to go from long and wavy to short--and then back!--whenever I choose.

uwsbottleblonde
July 2nd, 2010, 01:08 PM
I wear my hair up a lot to protect it, but honestly, my hair is at a length in which when I wear it down, I'm not really enjoying it. Sure, people compliment it b/c to see it down is as rare as seeing a shooting star in this area of the world, but I'm usually worrying about the ways it could get damaged, and wishing my hair was long, and I'm nowhere near long :( Putting it up and away reminds me that at least I have enough length to put up and it keeps me sane, so I'm not obsessing about. Plus when my hair gets longer, the majority of styles I want to try are just more sophisticated updos.

I don't know, I guess I'm just weird.

Amata
July 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM
I almost always wear my hair up, but the reason I have long hair is for me. I know it's there, and that I can take it down anytime I want and feel glamorous. It's like fancy underwear, in a way.

Before I cut about 2 feet off (as a sop to my DH), I had trouble wearing it down - too hot, too static-y in the winter - but I still loved having it.

Joliebaby
July 2nd, 2010, 02:07 PM
Oh, buns can look great too, and braids and ponytails! I also like to wear my hair down a lot. My hair is only 26,5" but I don't see that changing, I'll keep wearing it down!

Igor
July 2nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
I grew my hair long because I could wear it up

Joliebaby
July 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Maybe make more of an effort to have fun with your hair at home. I love sitting around the house in a spaghetti strap top or nightgown with my hair down. I also really enjoy my hair air drying time. It's little moments like that that make me so glad I have long hair.

Oh, definitely great suggestion!!! For two years I've pretty much forgotten about my hair, being busy with my newborn baby... Now she's 19 months old and my hair is nearly BSL! I suddenly noticed it was getting long again, it was healthy and THICK (never had post partum shedding) and it was time to start enjoying it :D

Henrietta
July 3rd, 2010, 05:25 AM
Someone here said that long hair is like a tatoo. Most of people don't see it or even you don't see it if it's not on your arm or... you know. But you FEEL you have it. And anytime you can show it. That's the magic.

Jessica Trapp
July 3rd, 2010, 05:56 AM

:D

I think updos are cute. I like hair toys too.

jes

Jezerellica
July 3rd, 2010, 06:27 AM
What a great thread! This has been bothering me also. Women(never men) say, "Your hair is sooo long". As if to say too long for being over 40. What business is it of theirs? Humph.

I do feel obligated to wear it up at times simply as it will be acceptable for professional reasons. How would my hair length indicate my abilities? Having tattoos and piercings is seeming more acceptable than long hair now! It is kinda funny!

Bunnyhare
July 3rd, 2010, 10:17 AM
I Realy enjoy my long hair up and down. there are so many cool updos that you can do with long hair. If your hair was short it would be the same all the time everyday...long has options, and when you wear it up for protection and convenience, that thump on your back at night when you let it out is so nice...and DH appreciates it more when it is down and flowing when we are relaxing together...i think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective! enjoy it always!
Love to you
Kimi

Sarahmoon
July 3rd, 2010, 11:43 AM
I don't consider putting it up or in a braid hiding it. It's actually something I like about long hair, being able to do different styles :-)

If you're worried about not having an audience, how about taking pictures of your own hair and showing it off... to us! :D

twilight
July 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I don't consider putting it up or in a braid hiding it. It's actually something I like about long hair, being able to do different styles :-)

If you're worried about not having an audience, how about taking pictures of your own hair and showing it off... to us! :D

touche, i am long overdue for that :o