PDA

View Full Version : You know your hair is REALLY long when...

Kat
June 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm sure we've had the "you know your hair is long when...." threads before, but what about "you know your hair is REALLY long..."? I keep thinking of them and forgetting to post, so today, before I forget....

--You know your hair is long when you can sit on it. You know your hair is REALLY long when other people sit on it!*

--You know your hair is really long when you quickly flip your braid up over your shoulder, hear a "snap," and wonder if, like the end of a horsewhip, the end of your braid just broke the sound barrier...

--You know your hair is really long when you wash it and have to turn the towel lengthwise to wrap your hair in it afterward.

*Yes, this happened to me once--I was at my mom's house and we were sitting side-by-side on the couch...when I noticed my braid had moved to the side and she was SITTING on it! I regularly have problems with my partner lying on my braid(s) at night as well--I usually try to flip it/them up above my head, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way and I wake up unable to move! Ever tried elbowing a soundly-sleeping dude in the middle of the night because your head is pinned to the bed and you can't even turn it??? The first time it happened he was really out like a light and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to wake him up!)

rachelily
June 26th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hahah love the towel one :) My hair is only APL so it just gets stuck under my purse strap. Makes me cringe horribly any time I try to free my hair and I feel one snap or something.

RachelRain
June 26th, 2010, 01:23 PM
My boyfriend is constantly sleeping on my hair. What makes it worse is that he's a drooler. :shudder:

How about you know your hair is really long when you go to sit in a booth at a restaurant, feel a random tug, and turn your head to realize someone in the bench behind you is sitting on your hair. This one happens to me more than anyone sitting next to me. Although adults usually just say 'excuse me did you know your hair is over the seat?' and then I apologize and tell them I didn't and pull it over my shoulder. lol.

Or you know your hair is really long when you put on a sweater and don't pull your hair out from under it and it looks like you really do have a pony tail. A friend of mine used to have hair down to her knees in high school and she constantly looked like that. It was neat.

DakarNick
June 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
How long is yours, Kat?

StarryNight
June 26th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Mine is only a little past BSL, but it tends to catch in my armpits if I'm not mindful. :/

mira-chan
June 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
--You know your hair is long when you can sit on it. You know your hair is REALLY long when other people sit on it!

--You know your hair is really long when you quickly flip your braid up over your shoulder, hear a "snap," and wonder if, like the end of a horsewhip, the end of your braid just broke the sound barrier...

--You know your hair is really long when you wash it and have to turn the towel lengthwise to wrap your hair in it afterward.

All three I have experienced. Mine doesn't get sat on much becuase I don't wear it down.

I (and others) sit on the ends when it's in a braid too.

As for really long hair traits:

- Hair longer than skirt/ shorts.

Loreley
June 27th, 2010, 01:28 AM
These have happened to me already except that other people haven't sat on it yet. :) Once it got caught in a boy's coat's button. :o

DARKMARTIAN
June 27th, 2010, 01:36 AM
.....you get called an Avatar or a Na'vi.....(which I did to a couple of people here yesterday...:o)

James M
June 27th, 2010, 04:01 AM
You know your hair is really long when you throw the shades up over the stands to hold them back, and they get stuck in the glasses :(

Poor hair.

eternallyverdan
June 27th, 2010, 09:44 AM
You know your hair is really long when you're sitting in the passenger seat of a car with the windows open and your hair reaches over and starts making friends with the driver's face (has happened to me more than once).

RachelRain
June 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
You know your hair is really long when you're sitting in the passenger seat of a car with the windows open and your hair reaches over and starts making friends with the driver's face (has happened to me more than once).

I've had this! it's kind of funny... we no longer drive with the windows down unless my hair is trapped behind me.

Coffeebug
June 27th, 2010, 11:53 AM
When your braid is longer than the hem if your dress.

spidermom
June 27th, 2010, 12:06 PM
When you bend over to tie your shoe and then can't straighten back up because you tied your hair in with the shoelaces. (true story)

Kat
June 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
How about you know your hair is really long when you go to sit in a booth at a restaurant, feel a random tug, and turn your head to realize someone in the bench behind you is sitting on your hair.
Yeah, you win. So what do you do? Turn around as much as possible, tap them on the shoulder, and say, "excuse me, you're sitting on my hair"? OMG. I can just imagine the look on their face...

Or you know your hair is really long when you put on a sweater and don't pull your hair out from under it and it looks like you really do have a pony tail.
LOL, my mom keeps telling me that I shouldn't wear my hair tucked into my coat in the winter because of this!

I've also bent over before when my hair is loose and managed to step on it...not fun if you don't notice and try to stand back up!

Quixii
June 30th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Hehe, I've done a few of these. :D My boyfriend's sat on my hair before. Makes it hard to kiss him because my head's stuck. I'll know my hair is really long when he can sit on it and I can still kiss him! xD

eternallyverdan
July 5th, 2010, 05:48 PM
You only need to be about hip length for this one, but it's super awkward when you're in a theatre and someone puts their elbow on your hair.

You know your hair is really long when you're at the dentist and he/she runs over your hair with the rolling chair (OUCH!).

ObsidianShimmer
July 5th, 2010, 06:57 PM
...when you wack the person next to you as you tie up your hair.
This has happened to me countless times. haha.

Lunnafindel
July 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I put this on the original thread, but it really belongs here:
when you're dancing and spinning and your braid wraps itself around someone else's neck, causing utter confusion and near-death-experiences for both of you. :undecided

IcarusBride
July 5th, 2010, 08:54 PM
If you're sitting on the ground with your hair down and your 4 year old sister tries hiding under it. (This happened to me but since my hair was only BSL at the time, it didn't work. But for some of the REALLY-LONG longhairs on here, I think it might be a legitimate hiding spot for a small enough child!)

RachelRain
July 9th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah, you win. So what do you do? Turn around as much as possible, tap them on the shoulder, and say, "excuse me, you're sitting on my hair"? OMG. I can just imagine the look on their face...

LOL, my mom keeps telling me that I shouldn't wear my hair tucked into my coat in the winter because of this!

I've also bent over before when my hair is loose and managed to step on it...not fun if you don't notice and try to stand back up!

generally, yeah. I'll pull my head forward while saying ouch, my hair, and I'm not sure if its a kneejerk type of reaction or if they can feel me pulling, but they'll move off of my hair enough for me to grab it. (granted, this only applies at places like Friendlys, where the booth chairs share a back, but really, we don't go anywhere else - we're cheapies.)

what I don't understand is how people don't notice your hair is there before they sit... what if it was a puddle of mustard or something? yuck.

I don't think I've stepped on my hair, but I've put a knee or a hand on it repeatedly, not thinking, as I'm crawling across the bed or chasing a small kid across the floor. the kid will find it hilarious... me, not so much. lol.

Kat
August 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
I've stepped on mine, like if stooping down and it's loose or in two braids...OW.

Today i have it in two braids and about ten minutes ago I sucked it up with the vacuum cleaner (I have this little attachment that has a spinning brush)....yeah. I hate doing any sort of cleaning in two braids because I have to be extra careful (like the time I was cleaning the fish tank and noticed the end of a braid had flopped into the dirty fish water. EWWW!)

estherbeth
August 29th, 2010, 01:21 PM
You know your hair is really long when... you get into the car and discover (painfully) that you've shut a good chunk of your hair in the door.

I remember when I realised that my hair was getting really long - years back, before a 'trim' turned into a shoulder length accident. I was in a restaurant and flicked my hair over my shoulder so it wouldn't slide close to my plate. I flicked it back and the ends hit the guy sitting at the table behind me. My mom said "Sorry!", or I never would have known. That's when I started putting my hair up before entering restaurants, even if I'd worn it down for a special day or something. Poor guy. :laugh:

swanns
August 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
When the hairdresser has to kneel down on the floor to trim your ends.

slz
August 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
You know your hair is very long when, as you wash it with your head "upside down" in the tub, you have to move yourself to the opposite end of the tub for your hair not to go down the drain.

And yeah to the skirt shorter than hair, and people looking at you like you forgot to get dressed before leaving home :o .

Alvrodul
August 29th, 2010, 04:04 PM
I love these stories! It is a while until I am likely to have any stories like this - my hair is only at hip now. :)

Carrie Ingalls
August 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
When the hairdresser has to kneel down on the floor to trim your ends.

And when you have to stand on something and they still have to kneel to trim it. :) Thanks mom! :flower:

When you don't where your hair down and wear shoes at the same time because if you do your hair will get caught in the back of your shoes!

When your hair will drag on the steps as you walk down the stairs...so, you subconsciously develop the habit of picking it up and holding it in your hand before you descend stairs).

If you tilt your head too much in any direction you run the risk of stepping on your hair.

HairColoredHair
August 29th, 2010, 05:11 PM
When you realize you can't do your hair at the bathroom mirror anymore because pretty soon it will be in the toilet immediately behind you....

Johanna
August 30th, 2010, 04:46 AM
I've had other people lean on my hair when I've been sitting in booths. I've trained my partner to look for my hair before he leans near me.
I've gotten my braid caught on sales racks as I was walking past. I get my hair caught while tying ties. I work in a wedding store that does suits and wedding dresses. I've got my hair caught on a mans jacket that I was fitting. That was akward for the both of us :O