PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with hair toys?

PrincessTieflin
June 26th, 2010, 10:40 AM
I am taking a road trip to see family, and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for traveling with sticks/fork and other toys..

I am worried they may rub together and get scratched and also if yall think that putting it in a plastic container to keep them from getting smooshed.

I am going to wear my hair in a braid so I can sleep in the car. Its a 18 hour drive lol. So wearing them really isn't an option ;)

wonhwa
June 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Hi, traveling by car is easy with hair toys. I wrap mine in underwear and tuck them into my bag, or layer them between my clothes. Or you can wrap them in whatever soft cloth you need to take with you; maybe your shawl, or sweater, or bathing suit?
Any of your clothes will protect, or wrap them in kleenex them put them into a plastic container, that works, too.
Have a good time!
Wonhwa

Finoriel
June 26th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I made fleece pouches for most of my sticks and forks and for my horn comb, too. When traveling the ones I plan to take with me get stored in a small plastic container, to protect them from breaking ... when I misuse my travel bag as seat bag again :o.

Carolyn
June 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I travel a lot with hair toys. I sometimes use a small velvet pouch that came with some BE make up or a Ficcare box or I just tuck them in my suitcase between layers of clothes to cushion them. I've never had anything get scratched or broken. I think I take good care but I'm not extremely careful either.

PrincessTieflin
June 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Good tips, I have some velvet bags.. maybe I could put them in the pouch and then in a container.. my suitcase is the biggest. Therefore is always on the bottom :)

Lark
June 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM
My home made hair stick pouch (this idea is stolen from my paint brush canvas roll that I used before I made my pretty one :) )

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5654&pictureid=75361

Juneii
June 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I put them in a bag and then throw it in my makeup box :) I just dedicate one box/bag to all things fragile and need to be kept in perfect condition and set it in a safe spot in the car (usually on my lap or somewhere really close to me).

Carolyn
June 26th, 2010, 02:49 PM
When I'm gone for longer than a few days I have a tote bag dedicated to jewelry and hair toys. I always take that in to the motel at night. I'm careful of where it rides in the car.

PrincessTieflin
June 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hm, I have one of my grandmothers old make up boxes, its very strong.. perhaps I can put all my makeup/jewlery/toys in there.. and set in in the stow-n-go In our van so it wont get trampled.. lol..

Looks like I will end up doing more driving then I thought.. DH Has decided he HATES our van lol..
Great tips ladies thanks!

saskia_madding
June 26th, 2010, 03:03 PM
What about a pen holder that has a hard case? The ones you can fit a bunch of different pens into? Like this (http://www.peartreepens.com/Conway-Stewart-Leather-20-Pen-Case-Black-Leather-p/pr4820-bl.htm) but made of plastic.

GRU
June 26th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Here are simple instructions for making a "silverware holder" for a picnic out of a cloth napkin:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5650345_make-roll-up-silverware-holder.html