PDA

View Full Version : Hair is just...euurrgghh!

09robiha
June 26th, 2010, 04:45 AM
So I dyed my hair last weekend, and thanks to the two shampoos I had to end up doing it became sooooo dry and blahh. It wouldnt curl much and I have been wearing it up. Two DTs later and its still not right. Now its all stringy and the curls are no longer as clumpy as they used to be with the canopy being all tangly and knotty and frizzy. Help.. what did I do to my hair!!! I want my pretty curls back!!!

julliams
June 26th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Try clarifying - there might be a silicone build up??? That's what causes my wurls to disappear. Don't know anything about dye so I can't help there.

09robiha
June 26th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Try clarifying - there might be a silicone build up??? That's what causes my wurls to disappear. Don't know anything about dye so I can't help there.

As far as I could read, there were no silicones in the dye. It was speacial effects pimpin purple hair dye.

julliams
June 26th, 2010, 04:56 AM
Hmmmm - can you try an SMT and baby it for a while with oils etc?

FrannyG
June 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM
It will get right again once you've done a couple of more deep treatments. I second the SMT, but remember to heat the honey in the microwave so that it doesn't lighten the colour from your hair.

I wouldn't clarify just yet, as it sounds as though you already have shampooed it enough. Also, it would just strip the colour a bit.

Sometimes it takes a while to get your hair normalized. A week is not usually long enough. It will be okay soon, and then you'll be back to your normal routine. :blossom:

09robiha
June 26th, 2010, 05:15 AM
It will get right again once you've done a couple of more deep treatments. I second the SMT, but remember to heat the honey in the microwave so that it doesn't lighten the colour from your hair.

I wouldn't clarify just yet, as it sounds as though you already have shampooed it enough. Also, it would just strip the colour a bit.

Sometimes it takes a while to get your hair normalized. A week is not usually long enough. It will be okay soon, and then you'll be back to your normal routine. :blossom:

Thanks Guys, I guys im just really desperate to show of my new colour along with my curls. I head of bright purple, (nearly) waist length curls isnt something you see around her all to often! lol

spidermom
June 26th, 2010, 09:49 AM
It took about a week for the stiffness of the Punky dye I did for Easter to have been washed/rinsed away enough to allow my curls to form again.

sibiryachka
June 27th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks Guys, I guys im just really desperate to show of my new colour along with my curls. I head of bright purple, (nearly) waist length curls isnt something you see around her all to often! lol

I hope you'll share pix when you are ready - I'd like to see some bright purple waist length curls myself! :D

Fractalsofhair
June 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Did you bleach before putting the dye in?

If not, I can't see any reason why your hair wouldn't curl, except it might be too moisturized? Clarifying would work though.

If you bleached, it might just be damage.

*Aoife*
June 27th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Have you deep conditioned it since you dyed it? I always DC after dying just in case it dries my hair out.

Btw, I love the thought of purple waist length curls!

09robiha
June 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Have you deep conditioned it since you dyed it? I always DC after dying just in case it dries my hair out.

Btw, I love the thought of purple waist length curls!

Yes I have and it is DEFINATLY helpings I have done two sessions, both an hour each so far and my hair feels a ton better. The weather here has been stupidly hot so I think my hair is being a bit rebelious anyways :rolleyes: damn humidity!!

Did you bleach before putting the dye in?

If not, I can't see any reason why your hair wouldn't curl, except it might be too moisturized? Clarifying would work though.

If you bleached, it might just be damage.

No..no bleach my natural hair is blonde and was dyed red before hand so easy to cover with purple :)

jane01
July 6th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Change to Jason shampoo and conditioner