PDA

View Full Version : Hair product featured on "The Doctors" TV show that prevents frizz!

pinchbeck
June 25th, 2010, 03:33 PM
A new breakthrough has been made to help those of us who want to control frizz with an ingredient called PolyfluoroEster. The show called The Doctors featured a new product containing this ingredient stating silicones are heavy. Below is what The Doctors website says about it:

"Eric Spengler, one of the lead researchers at the Living Proof Hair Lab in Cambridge, Massachusetts, reports his team has rooted out the cause of unruly hair. They developed No Frizz, a hair care product that addresses problem hair on a molecular level".

I am so interested in trying it!:D

ETA: Here are some reviews from Amazon about this product. There are some low ratings among the high ratings: http://www.amazon.com/Living-Proof-Shaping-Defining-Treatment/product-reviews/B001SFPSLC/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

ETA (again!): Thanks to HintOfMint I won't be trying this! lol

HintOfMint
June 25th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Their products are chockablock full of alcohol. SD Alcohol 40-B is the first ingredient in their frizz preventing cream. SD Alcohol 40-B is a kind of denatured ethanol which is EXTREMELY drying. I was tempted by their products until I saw the ingredient list. :bigeyes:

pinchbeck
June 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Their products are chockablock full of alcohol. SD Alcohol 40-B is the first ingredient in their frizz preventing cream. SD Alcohol 40-B is a kind of denatured ethanol which is EXTREMELY drying. I was tempted by their products until I saw the ingredient list. :bigeyes:Oh, great....:(

I may as well include the ingredient list which I just found: SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, PolyfluoroEster, Fragrance, VP/Vinyl Caprolactam/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil .

young&reckless
June 25th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Yikes! No frizz because there is no longer any water in you hair at all. I'll still to oils.

pinchbeck
June 25th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Yikes! No frizz because there is no longer any water in you hair at all. I'll still to oils.So do I. I buy a big jar of coconut oil at an east Indian store for cheap and really like how it performs when I apply it generously.

I was so excited about this new product, but the ingredient list is not impressive.

GRU
June 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Oh, great....:(

I may as well include the ingredient list which I just found: SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, PolyfluoroEster, Fragrance, VP/Vinyl Caprolactam/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, C10-40 Isoalkylamidopropylethyldimonium Ethosulfate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil .

It should be illegal to put any chemical with such a long name in any product designed to go on your body/hair! That's just..... wow! Talk about chemicals!

justgreen
June 25th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Just goes to show you doctors don't know everything.