PDA

View Full Version : I caved

kristymarie87
June 25th, 2010, 02:55 PM
And dyed my hair again.

I used herbal essances....it was the semi with the bamboo extract.

Its left my ends super dry :( I think theres some build up on the ends too, which i will combat in the morning. I am letting it air dry and i can feel the ends are much dryer than the rest.

Whats a simple quick fix? Like not loads of ingredients, mixing etc, something i can easily get hold of tomorrow, inexpensive. I already have coconut oil and it doesnt work well for me.

tips and advice? other than dont dye it! lol....i am trying very hard (but not hard enough obv). I just love that freshly dyed look.....

jera
June 25th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Mayonnaise and egg yolk is replenishing.:)

kristymarie87
June 25th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I heard about that.... it sounds cold and sticky though, i may try some mayo....the partner may moan about wasting eggs on my hair though since we have no food atm....come on payday!!

Anje
June 25th, 2010, 03:22 PM
How about smearing on some conditioner and just leave it on as long as you dare? I don't know whether it could strip the dye at all, but conditioner or conditioner + any sugary syrup (honey, molasses, fake maple pancake syrup) seems to be really moisturizing for me.

redtea
June 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
I love the freshly dyed look too! There's nothing like having an even, rich color from root to tip :D

I've noticed that when I dye the full length of my hair, sometimes the ends are dry at first but after a few days it goes away. If you like cones, I'm a fan of the Redken All Soft conditioner and heavy cream conditioner. It's a little expensive, but since it's really thick it lasts a long time.

ptnicole
June 25th, 2010, 04:07 PM
How funny...I did exactly the same thing you did a week ago (I used Herbal Essence Coastal Dune to even out my highlighted hair that I had just gotten lowlighted...turned out a nice even dark blonde). In any case, I loved the results, but the ends did feel a little dry. I normally CO...I did use a little of my old cone Its a 10 leave in on the ends for a few days after coloring though. It helped a lot. I also use coconut oil at night in a french braid. It feels GREAT now.

TinaDenali
June 25th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I suppose just try any oil you can get your hands on. Olive oil is great for really dry ends because it's so heavy and not as 'drying' as coconut oil. Jojoba is great. And avocados. I put those on my roots sometimes, too. Almond oil, sesame seed oil, apricot oil... any of those. Or as someone else mentioned, sometimes just leaving your regular conditioner on over night can do the trick.

error
June 25th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Oils will strip the color especially on a temp I have a temp sitting in my room , a major root , and a wedding to go to tomorrow UGH I been staring at it ! It is garnier bamboo herbal shine and its an ammonia free , but still I am so scared! my hair is tailbone length and the ends are weak :-<.

ptnicole
June 25th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Olive oil will for sure strip some chemical hair color from hair....particularly if it is warmed and left one for a while.

Strand test from root to tip for sure...I find that my virgin roots will not absorb the color very well since they are nice and non-porous...wish all my hair was that way :(. If roots don't absorb well...put it on roots for first five min then put the rest through the ends.