PDA

View Full Version : Argh it's so short!:(

Ansaphone
June 25th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Okay, she only cut off 3 cm of growth, to fase out the layers gradually.. but now my hair looks sooo short to me. It's only APL and because I have bangs I feel like a lego doll. Weird huh. Wekll, as a kid I had bangs with a bob and I looked like a nerd, so I want to avoid that look. Somehow I do feel like one now, especially witht the imperfect hair :((( Gosh.. She told me in 6 months it will be almost invisible, seeing that my hair grows about 2 cm a month!!

Yozhik
June 25th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Good thing about hair is that it doesn't (with a few exceptions) stop growing :)
APL length is plenty long in the non-LHC world, too ;)

I had bangs and a bob as a kid, too -- it made me look like the stereotypical "little Asian girl" (see my album photo of me with the goat if you don't believe me). I bet bangs looked cute on you then, as they do now.

Cheer up, and have some :cheese: and :flowers: :)

Ansaphone
June 25th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Good thing about hair is that it doesn't (with a few exceptions) stop growing :)
APL length is plenty long in the non-LHC world, too ;)

I had bangs and a bob as a kid, too -- it made me look like the stereotypical "little Asian girl" (see my album photo of me with the goat if you don't believe me). I bet bangs looked cute on you then, as they do now.

Cheer up, and have some :cheese: and :flowers: :) Thanks honey! Yes I like my bangs but I hate the rest of the hair:(

ArcticNights
June 25th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Sorry, but I feel your pain.

I also have those dreadful layers, and I guess we just have to go thru these stages before we get our hair into the next (and better) level. I`m fighting the remains from a bleach disaster too, so have a long way to go. :rolleyes:

Last night I used an hour in my bathroom, snipping off tiny bits off my ends. That really helped :D So... I think you did right, it is a quest to save your hair...

2peasinapod
June 25th, 2010, 02:50 PM
APL is still long! In fact, it's my next goal! I know it's painful, but it will be so much easier when all the layers are even. I hope you get a growth spurt really soon! :)

I'm glad your bangs look great, and it wont be long before you can feel like the rest of your hair does, too! :flower:

pinchbeck
June 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I can relate to how badly you feel and have posted my hair upsets here on TLHC. I am really sensitive about my hair and am not sure why it is such an extension of who I am and I don't know why I believe 'longer is better'. Maybe it's wanting what I cannot have (right away - I mean).

Only as time passes do I start to accept what has been done to my hair. The waiting period is tough and I wish I didn't have to go through it. It like somebody is squeezing my stomach and refusing to let go.

A few members have provided some ideas to help you through these dark feelings you're experiencing and I second what they have to say. I once wrote that 1" of hair being cut off is like one mile because that's how my mind blows things up.

I hope you are able to see your situation from a different perspective when you're in a different place and space in your mind. Hugs to you.