PDA

View Full Version : I finally did a french braid! (pic)

squiggyflop
June 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
all by myself!
i took big chunks instead of going for an intricate braid (hey its my first one)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/0625101224acopy.jpg
taken with no flash just a lot of sun coming in the window.. please ignore my dads shirt (which im wearing as a pajama shirt)..... wow look how pale my neck is?!?.. weird..

it was actually easier than the dutch braid i did.. mostly because i had to sort of go against muscle memory for the dutch (because its the opposite of the usual, take the outside strands over the middle braids im used to)

i dont yet have the endurance to do pigtail braids (my arms are tired from just one braid i cant imagine 2)

Gumball
June 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM
That's a really spot-on first french braid, squiggy! Soon enough you'll have muscle memory for both of those braids, I'm sure! You'll have an easier time and stronger arms. :D

Loreley
June 25th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Congrats! It looks nice! :)

Mexibeach
June 25th, 2010, 11:09 AM
LOVELY!!! OH how I miss doing french braids in my hair. I have to do them in my daughters until mine grows back!!!

yellowchariot
June 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM
squiggyflop, that's a neat flowing effect you have made by using large sections.

When trying to learn a new 'do, I try not to worry about how intricate, or precise to make it look. Just get the basic technique down, just as you have done with that braid, and then attempt to go for an intricate look. As long as you have the concept down, then you can make your do's look loose, tight, "lazy". . . etc.

Congratulations 2 thumbs up :thumbsup::thumbsup:

melrose1985
June 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
That came out really nice!

serious
June 25th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Very pretty!
Congratulations!

Sarahmoon
June 25th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Your pale neck combines perfectly with your hair ;)

Congratulations on the achievement, I should really try it myself again some time *sigh*

Coffeebug
June 25th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Aww nice!! It's a funny thing with French braids, you can't figure then out for ages and ages, then all of a sudden it kind of clicks doesn't it! I found that with them, I'd been wanting to do them or years before I figured them out!

Your hair is a gorgeous colour by the way!

Rose J.
June 25th, 2010, 02:19 PM
It's beautiful! Nice job. :)

Long_hair_guy
June 25th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Looked better then my first french braid

Well Done squiggyflop

khan
June 25th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I want to add my congratulations also. I finally figured it out this year too! :cheese:

Yozhik
June 25th, 2010, 02:33 PM
That's a great French braid, not even taking into account that it's your first try :)

Your hair color is so beautiful, too! Good job :flowers:
Personally, I have a lot more trouble on the Dutch.

Carina
June 25th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I have not done one in ages.But your first braid looks awesome.:thumbsup:.

linda g
June 25th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Looks great!

2peasinapod
June 25th, 2010, 02:52 PM
It looks great! Congratulations! Your hair color is beautiful, too! :D

LunarAurora
June 25th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Are you sure it is your first one ?! I mean, it is PERFECT ! Congrats ! :)

squiggyflop
June 25th, 2010, 04:38 PM
That's a really spot-on first french braid, squiggy! Soon enough you'll have muscle memory for both of those braids, I'm sure! You'll have an easier time and stronger arms.
hopefully i will sooner rather than later

LOVELY!!! OH how I miss doing french braids in my hair. I have to do them in my daughters until mine grows back!!!
it will grow back sooner than you think ;)

squiggyflop, that's a neat flowing effect you have made by using large sections.

When trying to learn a new 'do, I try not to worry about how intricate, or precise to make it look. Just get the basic technique down, just as you have done with that braid, and then attempt to go for an intricate look. As long as you have the concept down, then you can make your do's look loose, tight, "lazy". . . etc.

Congratulations 2 thumbs up
thanks.. yeah i still have to work on how to hold all the strands.. im sure ill get better with my technique..

Your pale neck combines perfectly with your hair
Congratulations on the achievement, I should really try it myself again some time *sigh*
thanks.. well i suppose pale freckley skin goes well with red hair

Aww nice!! It's a funny thing with French braids, you can't figure then out for ages and ages, then all of a sudden it kind of clicks doesn't it! I found that with them, I'd been wanting to do them or years before I figured them out!
Your hair is a gorgeous colour by the way!
yup it just sort of clicked.. well the concept finally clicked.. i still hav to work on my finger work..

That's a great French braid, not even taking into account that it's your first try

Your hair color is so beautiful, too! Good job
Personally, I have a lot more trouble on the Dutch.
thank you
yeah i had more trouble with the dutch too.. but for some reason i did it first..

Are you sure it is your first one ?! I mean, it is PERFECT ! Congrats ! :)
yup my very first.. thanks *blush*

Loreley, melrose1985, serious, Rose J., Long_hair_guy, khan, Carina, linda g, 2peasinapod:
thanks!!:cheese:

whoanellie
June 25th, 2010, 07:35 PM
It looks great, and your color is gorgeous!

Siava
June 25th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Good job, lady!! So there is hope afterall for us braid-challenged folks? Yay! :D