PDA

View Full Version : My Fiance's & My Hair

LittleOrca
June 24th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I convinced my fiancé (MagnusXP) to try an over-night (actually, about 12 hours) oil soak with Africa's Best oil, jojoboa oil, and carrot seed oil. Here is the fabulous results we both got with our hair. He is so glad he did the oil soak and he tells me his hair has never been softer.

:cheese:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery%20Fiance/IMG_3723.jpg
His (When wet/curls pulled out of it he actually has about BSL hair. His hair is naturally very curly, but the soak relaxed his curls a bit and he was happier with waves.)

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Length%20Shots/user19816_pic75239_1277443353.jpg
Mine. (Reposted from photobucket)

TinaDenali
June 24th, 2010, 11:32 PM
WOW! You both have gorgeous hair!!

I love your ends. Do you trim them this way? How do you achieve this look? Simply breathtaking.

Arctic_Mama
June 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM
It looks really nice - I love the way my hair looks after a soak in oil or an oily conditioner :)

LittleOrca
June 24th, 2010, 11:35 PM
WOW! You both have gorgeous hair!!

I love your ends. Do you trim them this way? How do you achieve this look? Simply breathtaking.

My hair was accidentally cut in a slant years ago and another salon person fixed it by turning my trim into a harsh V, since then I have trimmed a little at the tips, but mostly I let it grow as it wants to, and even after some other trims, my hair just likes to grow into fairy tale ends. :)

Gumball
June 24th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Awesome! I love what a good oiling can do. Usually my ends are unhappily dry, but keeping them oiled makes them soft and fantastic. Rock on!

bte
June 24th, 2010, 11:45 PM
Wonderful - it must be great to share such wonderful hair with each other.

HintOfMint
June 24th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Like waves of liquid bronze and gold, respectively. :thud:

Loreley
June 25th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Wow, so shiny! Both of you have beautiful hair! :)

Newniepg
June 25th, 2010, 01:31 AM
That is really cool, your hairs clearly like that treatment. I don't suppose you could tell me what proportions of oil you used could you? Your results are so good I might have a look around hunting for these oils.

Did you put enough on that you needed to protect your pillow with something? If so, what? Thanks for sharing.

Magicknthenight
June 25th, 2010, 03:46 AM
wow both of you have such shiny hair!:heartbeat
Your so lucky you have someone you can relax and do oil treatments with! Both of you have awesome waves
I haven't heard of oil turning curly hair wavy thats pretty cool xD

yvsa
June 25th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I can only see your fiance's hair, because I'm new. It looks stunning. Beautiful shiney hair. I'm jealous:D.

Arniky
June 25th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Hi
its really nice hair and seems soft in the picture.
Guess straightening it might look great and may be longer
Just let it grow

mellie
June 25th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Beautiful!!

MsBubbles
June 25th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Well wow! I had no idea you also had a fiance with such thick, wavy and healthy hair!! Cool. Thanks for posting those pics and I'm glad he liked the treatment.

freckles
June 25th, 2010, 05:13 AM
very, very shiny! gorgeous! :)

Pixna
June 25th, 2010, 06:35 AM
Wow, I need sunglasses!! :cool: What shine!!!

Carolyn
June 25th, 2010, 06:45 AM
You both have such shiny healthy hair. How cool he let you do that. My hair loves long oil soaks too.

Merewen
June 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Gorgeous! I knew you had some amazing hair, but I did not know that your fiance has hair to match. WOW.

GRU
June 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
You guys must turn heads when you walk down the street together! Both heads are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

In addition to sharing your proportions, could you also share where you purchased your oils?

Peter
June 25th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Your hair is sooooo shiny! :thud:

TinaDenali
June 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM
My hair was accidentally cut in a slant years ago and another salon person fixed it by turning my trim into a harsh V, since then I have trimmed a little at the tips, but mostly I let it grow as it wants to, and even after some other trims, my hair just likes to grow into fairy tale ends. :)

I see. Well, it looks great! My hemline is still too thick to have the fairy tale ends look, but it's my plan to have it cut to look that way once I reach my goal length. :)

Mexibeach
June 25th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Aww, all I can see is the one pix but it looks great.

jeanniet
June 25th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Gorgeous hair on both of you! Now I have to go look up Africa's Best, even though I don't need more oils. :p

camirra555
June 25th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Wow! You guys got amazing results! Looks great

LittleOrca
June 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I don't suppose you could tell me what proportions of oil you used could you? .... Did you put enough on that you needed to protect your pillow with something? If so, what? Thanks for sharing.

I definintly put on so much we both needed to protect our pillows. After our hair was oiled, we put on plastic shower caps then out normal satin sleeping caps over it and that kept the bed sheets and pillows safe. Some of the oil (very little) leaked out but it just made the hair cap smell good.

As for proportions, I am not sure I can answer that. :) I used Africa's Best Oil alllll over my scalp and rubbed it in real good, like a mini massage. After that, I used a comb to gently comb it through my hair. Then, I took some Jojoboa oil and put it in my hair roughly about where my ends would be if my hair was shoulder length. Again, combed it through. Then I took the carrot seed oil and coated my ends in that. Combed. Flipped my hair over my head so that I could reach the underside of my hair and made sure it was oiled to how I wanted it. At that point, I just used my Africa's Best Oil.

In addition to sharing your proportions, could you also share where you purchased your oils?

The stores for me will be different than other places around the country (or the world) but I got my Africa's Best Oil at a store around here called Fred Meyer (they also have it at my grocery store). It's in the ethnic hair-care area. It is only about $3-$4 for an 8oz (237ml) bottle. It has a strong scent, which I think smells like baby powder, and I know some people on this forum cannot stand how it smells.

The Jojoboa oil I also found at Fred Meyer in their herbal and natural-health care section. It was a little more costly, about $10, for a 4 oz, which is why I don't use a lot of it. That, and Africa's Best Oil has some Jojoboa mixed into it.

The carrot seed oil I have seen at Fred Meyer as well as the super market (Win Co). It is a small bottle, maybe 3 oz or less, and is usually found in the ethnic hair care section.

sugarpixie10988
June 25th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Wow, you both have the most beautiful and shiny hair! I'm now tempted to go buy some more oils :D.

Sarahmoon
June 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM
You both have amazing shine and wave :)

Quixii
June 25th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Wow! Both of your hair is gorgeous!

Edit: Oh! This was my 1,000th post! Wow!

tofuowl
June 25th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Wow, both of you look amazing!!

I am definitely going to have to look up that Africa's Best oil--I've never heard of it, so I'm definitely curious about what's in it. Clearly, whatever it is, your hair loves it!

What did you do about washing it out in the morning? Did you just use your regular shampoo routine, or did it take something special to get all of that oil out? Is it necessary to get all of it out?

LittleOrca
June 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Wow, both of you look amazing!!

I am definitely going to have to look up that Africa's Best oil--I've never heard of it, so I'm definitely curious about what's in it. Clearly, whatever it is, your hair loves it!

What did you do about washing it out in the morning? Did you just use your regular shampoo routine, or did it take something special to get all of that oil out? Is it necessary to get all of it out?

Africa's Best Oil's ingredients are: Soy Bean Oil, Walnut Seed Oil, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Olive Fruit Oil, Castor Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Safflower Oil and Calendula Extract and Yarrow Extract and Cucumber Extract and Carrageenan Extract and Ginseng Extract and Sage Extract and Comfrey Extract and Ginseng Extract and Sage Extract and Comfrey Extract and Aloe Extract, Fragrance

In the morning I did just shampoo and condition like normal. For me, it is best if I get all the oil out so that when it dries my hair is silky soft. Then, I will add a little bit of oil back and this allows me to control how much oil goes into my hair.

Vijikanth
June 25th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Surely made for each other...Marvelous hair.

FlowFlow
June 25th, 2010, 04:08 PM
FABULOUS!!!! Does anyone know how a soak like this would work for a WO only gal like myself? I've been WO only for about 3 months and haven't tried any treatments yet. So far only coconut oil on the ends before washing for the past month and a little bit of Aubrey's Organic Honeysuckle Rose conditioner (3 times). I love the results of the oil soak but worry that it would be too oily since I'm a WO washer.

cindy58
June 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Like waves of liquid bronze and gold, respectively. :thud:

I agree! Lots of great hair!

error
June 25th, 2010, 04:25 PM
The both of you are adorable aww.

JenniferNoel
June 25th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Great hair, both of you! I absolutely love long oil soaks, they're soooo nice. Your hemline is gorgeous, too.

Igraine
June 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Whoa! Your hair textures are so similar! It must be a delight playing with each other's liquid silk hair :inlove:

Neoma
June 25th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Wow! What stunning locks you and your fiance have! :thud:

linda g
June 25th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Wowza! You are a pair of head-turners, for sure. Gorgeous waves and shine!

GRU
June 25th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the enabling, er, information! :D

EdG
June 25th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Wow, what shiny hair! :thudpile:

Long-haired couples are so cool. :cool:
Ed

CurlyGirlCa
June 25th, 2010, 08:23 PM
The stores for me will be different than other places around the country (or the world) but I got my Africa's Best Oil at a store around here called Fred Meyer (they also have it at my grocery store). It's in the ethnic hair-care area. It is only about $3-$4 for an 8oz (237ml) bottle. It has a strong scent, which I think smells like baby powder, and I know some people on this forum cannot stand how it smells.

They have Africa's Best at WalMart in the Ethnic hair section for I believe 1.97 which is a great price. Too bad I'm one of those people who can't stand the smell. I've been using my bottle up over the winter because the Coconut oil solidified and I was trying to figure out how to use it up and not waste it (even if it was only $2). Since it's hotter now - back to the coconut oil.:)

Oh - you guys have great hair by the way!

practikalmagik
June 26th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I am so impressed with how gorgeous and shiney your hair(s) are! Totally converted me and my partner to trying some Africa's best and Jojoba when we have a day off together.

Also I love the colour of your hair littleorca, it's literally spun gold!

DavidN
June 26th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Oh my goodness, both of you have awesome hair, and I didn't realize that Magnus' hair had grown so much recently. Well done, and cheers to both of you!:cheer:

Night_Kitten
June 27th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Wow, you both have amazing hair! So soft and shiny and beautiful... :crush:
It's so cool you both are growing your hair together :)