PDA

View Full Version : My hair keeps changing! Help with my hairtype?

Naamah
June 24th, 2010, 09:56 PM
My hair seems to be getting wavier as the time passes. Maybe this is because I am taking better care of it. :)

I decided to do a hairtyping picture today. No combing after my shower. Took 4 hours to dry.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4635&pictureid=75235

These were the wavy ends.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4635&pictureid=75236

I'm not sure, really. Is it 2A?

ericthegreat
June 24th, 2010, 11:22 PM
You are definitely a 2a. The waves at the ends are very defined and S-shaped. And of course, I saw your hair in real life two weekends ago :D. You definitely have wavy hair, not straight hair.

Arctic_Mama
June 24th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yes, I'd say that looks solidly 2a to me as well. Many people with wavy and curly hair get more curl with additional moisture or oil in their hair. Parched hair looks frazzly and can be coaxed into frizzy straightness, moisturized hair tends to clump a bit more and have more spring and elasticity to it, things that all lend themselves to more curls and waves.

So yeah, you have some very nice wavy hair there, enjoy!

Naamah
June 25th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Thanks, both of you. :) I thought it was 2A, just wanted to make sure.

freckles
June 25th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I am not great at hairtyping, but I wanted to say that I love your wavier-towards-the-end hair. I think that is my favourite curl pattern :)

We must have similar haircolours, too. Mine looks brown in shade, red in light, like yours seems to judging from the pictures above :)

spidermom
June 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Oh my goodness, what pretty spirally ends!

Loreley
June 25th, 2010, 11:30 AM
You have lovely waves! I'd say 2a too. :)

Naamah
June 25th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I am not great at hairtyping, but I wanted to say that I love your wavier-towards-the-end hair. I think that is my favourite curl pattern :)

We must have similar haircolours, too. Mine looks brown in shade, red in light, like yours seems to judging from the pictures above :)

Thank you. :) Actually, my hair color from the chin down is chemical dye that I'm growing out from last March. I do love the red color though. Luckily the faded dye blends in well with my hair color and you can't really tell unless if you look closely. :D

Thank you, spidermom and Loreley. :)