PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious curls

Lunami
June 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM
About 6 months after i started CO i started getting curls and waves. They did need some effort to stay curly when dry but they were very beautiful. I'd say they were 2C with waves and spiral curls, both big and tiny. I was then around APL lenght and dyeing my hair. They mysteriously disappeared a few months later and they never came back! I have since cut my hair and grown out to almost virgin and i am hoping and wishing for my curls to return with lenght! :o

But i am wondering if someone else experienced something like this? One day, they were just gone! No changes to hair care or weather.

HairColoredHair
June 24th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I wonder if the dyeing dried out your hair or changed the structure of the hair too much for them?

Admittedly, many people experience changes in their hair over their lifetime, but overnight seems a bit extreme.

Lunami
June 24th, 2010, 03:30 PM
The thing is that they looked great just after my last dye, and then i had that lenght for a few months without any dye at all and the curls were gone. I had to take *so* well care of my curls, i never used to style my hair before they showed up! I really miss them.

GRU
June 24th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I really miss them.

I'd gladly loan you some if I could!

Athena's Owl
June 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM
curls above all need moisture to be at their best. My curl care has everything to do with keeping my hair from getting too dry.

TrudieCat
June 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM
There is another member here who said her hair got much wavier when she was dying it, and that it went back to a straighter texture when she stopped dying it. Could be the effects of the dye, maybe?