PDA

View Full Version : S&D is a great boredom killer ;)

Pandora.
June 24th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Once upon a time, due to being bored in class, I would rip and pull at my split ends - not good! Nowadays I'll only carefully snip them off.

I must admit, it's hard resisting temptations in class when there aren't any scissors available, but when it comes to a better haircare regime you gotta make some sacrifices. ;)

Luckily in my art class there are plenty of scissors around, so a few weeks ago I grabbed a pair and started cutting the evil splits, to which my friends found strange but hilarious. :p

I've left school now (due to exam leave) so there are more opportunities for me to cut my split ends when I'm bored. I have a fair bit more spare time for these next few weeks (since all of my exams are coming to an end) than I usually do, so I get to do many S&D missions - alongside other activities hair care related. In fact, after I've come home from seeing some friends, I decided to do an S&D session and my hair feels better and healthier already.

Okay, enough my unnecessary rambling. The purpose of this thread is: do you find S&D to be a decent way to pass time?

Angeletti
June 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
yes I agree with you! it's a way to pass the time when waiting on my slow family members : )

Loepsie
June 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Absolutely, I spend so many hours S&Ding xD It's addicting.

spidermom
June 24th, 2010, 10:49 AM
I find S&D boring, although if I'm stuck in the drive-through line at the bank or something, it does help to pass the time.

Loreley
June 24th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I always S&D when I'm bored. Almost every day. :p

eamane
June 24th, 2010, 11:18 AM
S&D is a great way to keep hands busy while relaxing and listening to audio books as well ;)

Capybara
June 24th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I love S&D. It helps stretch the time between haircuts. A while back, a member here (I can;t remember who ... ) posted something about the LHC default screen being a great background for S&D; it's true! :D

Hana
June 24th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I love S&D. It helps stretch the time between haircuts. A while back, a member here (I can;t remember who ... ) posted something about the LHC default screen being a great background for S&D; it's true! :D

I remember that.
It is true!
what a multi-purpose forum we have here.

HintOfMint
June 24th, 2010, 12:43 PM
It's almost therapeutic in a way.

Not to put a damper on your new found boredom killer, non-haircutting scissors that have been used on other things (most likely the art scissors) tend to be a bit dull and can fray hair when you snip at it. I recommend getting haircutting scissors and use them ONLY on your hair. I'm only letting you know so that you don't get a whole new crop of split ends from a S&D session.

Carolyn
June 24th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I enjoy my S & D sessions. I agree it's a great time filler when you are waiting around for something. I agree with the person above who said art room scissors aren't the best to use on hair. Art room scissors will have been used to cut paper making them not so good for S & D scissors. Your S & D scissors should be dedicated hair scissors. Just like you would not use your dressmaker scissors to cut paper.

Quixii
June 24th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I kind of want to start up that habit, but I'm worried my S&D scissors aren't sharp enough, so I only S&D a little.

Yozhik
June 24th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I love my S&D sessions, although, like Pandora, I'll admit to using inappropriate scissors if none other are available :o
Luckily, thus far I see no increase in damage from doing so.

spidermom
June 24th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I've even used a nail clipper when a split made the mistake of taunting me and nothing else was within reach.

Merewen
June 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I S&D when I need something to do with my hands. In other words, I S&D as an alternative to more destructive things my hands could be doing, like picking at myself.

I S&D a LOT.

StarryNight
June 24th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I s&d in front of the t.v., in the car, in front of my pc, in bed, lol. I also make Lucky Stars to keep my hand busy. I love them!
(http://365project.org/lele/365/2010-06-10)

GuinevereMay
June 24th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I do it while watching Buffy reruns. I just did a tutorial on S&D and talked about good times to do it. o_O

Alaia
June 24th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I am terrible with S+D. I've lost my hair scissors, but that doesn't stop me. I'm sure I'm doing more damage than the split would have, but I can't see one in my hair (the few times it is down) and let it get away!

I used to do dedicated sessions, but life has exploded and I haven't had time. I did find myself hunting for splits rather than doing exam revision quite a lot though ;)

loralie
June 24th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Wish I could do it more often, but I find that all of the hair from my crown down is still too short to be able to pull all the way forward to see. Don't trust anyone else to do it so I guess I have to wait until it grows! :D

bahoban
June 24th, 2010, 08:17 PM

I remember that too, and is so true!,, I do S&D in this way all the time:p

JenniferNoel
June 24th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I usually do it when I get the chance, I find it boring when it's the only thing I'm doing. Usually, I break out the S&D scissors when I'm waiting for something.

julliams
June 24th, 2010, 09:00 PM
I'm going to visit my sister who lives 2 and a half hours drive away. Since Hubby is driving, I get to sit and S&D in peace for the whole trip - yey! Fortunately I don't have enough splits that will warrant spending all that time snipping but it will give me alot of chance to go looking!

Synthemesc
June 24th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Either I don't have many splits or I'm just rubbish at finding them (probably the latter!), but when one is eventually found I get a little bit too excited about it. Great way to kill a half hour.

lesbia
June 25th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I hate s&d, it's boring! But I love how I feel after a s&d session :D and also my hair feel better!
I s&d all the day today, because I stayed at home, and now I can't see a split end! I'm so happy :D
In the end...w s&d!!!