PDA

View Full Version : rinsing long hair...tip o the side

x0h_bother
June 24th, 2010, 08:48 AM
I recently have been having trouble with tangles in the shower. I never really had this issue because finger combing would do the trick. Now finger combing just pulls out my hair and makes me more aware that my hair is clumping. Then I discovered if I tip my head and move my hair to the side, the water can run down the side where my hair is and nothing gets caught. I really liked this and just wanted to share with you all. I imagine it would work even better for people with hair longer than mine. :)

tip to* the side

JenniferNoel
June 24th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Yesss! I do this every wash. It really does help, especially with spreading more conditioner to the ends. I usually comb it back first and do one rinse, then tilt to one side and then the other.

Capybara
June 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I do this too :) I also keep my hair to one side when I CWC, so the conditioner doesn't rinse off when I shampoo.

x0h_bother
June 24th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I do this too :) I also keep my hair to one side when I CWC, so the conditioner doesn't rinse off when I shampoo.
Interesting, I should do it when I CWC to keep the conditioner on too. :)

ifyouforget
June 24th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Oh definitely. I pull my hair to one side to wash/condition- and then braid it when the conditioner is in and soaking (er....well, i used to, currently re-growing out from an ill-advised pixie) I found that when my hair was pulled around like that I could more easily keep track of it (and keep it from accidentally getting rinsed too early!) than when it's just hanging out in the back where I can't control it well.

*Aoife*
June 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM
I do this when I'm doing an ACV rinse or a cold water rinse. I love doing this!

Stormphoenix
June 24th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the tip and speaking up about this! I will tip to the side from now on when I CWC.