PDA

View Full Version : Starting MSM!

Ruvie
June 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Ive been absent a very long time, as Ive been busy with life pertaining things..but now I have time again for this so I decided to buy some MSM after reading about everyone's success with it. I have 1000mg and 180 capsules, so this will keep me for a bit. My hair is about 1 inch from waist now, so I will keep a lookout for growth.

longforhim
June 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
I too started this a couple of days ago. I'm anxious to see if it will help my growth.

McFearless
June 23rd, 2010, 11:44 PM
What is MSM usually used for? Is it safe to take if you dont have whatever issue its used to treat?

Anyway good luck and let us know how it goes :blossom:

prettigurl
June 24th, 2010, 12:53 AM
I started a few months ago. I take the powder (1tsp) in a cup of water. It seems like it's changing my hair texture for the better!

Pandora.
June 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I would like to start taking MSM, but like all the other "hair growth" pills I'm pretty nervous about taking them because of the side effects (i.e. acne). I had horrible experiences with biotin already - nasty breakouts. :(

lesbia
June 24th, 2010, 02:25 AM
I'm also going to start MSM, I'm so excited!!! And also my hair are 1 or 2 inch from waist :) I wish msm could improve our growt!

MonaMayfair
June 24th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I started taking MSM when I had hair loss due to thyroid issues.
It didn't make my hair grow any faster, but I think it did help with the shedding. I'm still taking it anyway. I take four 1000mg a day. I also take biotin (never had skin problems with either, incidentally)

StephanieB
June 24th, 2010, 04:49 PM
What is MSM usually used for? Is it safe to take if you dont have whatever issue its used to treat? MSM - usually also in concert with glucosamine & chondroitin, when used for medical purposes - is medically proven to help with joint health.

Since I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, I've been on relatively high dosages of both MSM in capsule form, and glucosamine & chondroitin in capsule form. But MSM and glucosamine/chondroitin are also used for a lot of other diseases of the joints - like arthritis forms, etc. Ditto a lot of the autoimmune diseases and conditions.

Any normal healthy person who took as much MSM, glucosamine/chondroitin, and biotin as I do would have very long, strong, healthy, fast-growing hair and nails. Of course, in my case, the EDS itself is the reason why I don't have nice hair and nails, and why my skin doesn't heal well. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a collection of autoimmune connective tissue disorders. [read my blog for more info if you're interested]

McFearless
June 24th, 2010, 11:28 PM
MSM - usually also in concert with glucosamine & chondroitin, when used for medical purposes - is medically proven to help with joint health.

Since I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, I've been on relatively high dosages of both MSM in capsule form, and glucosamine & chondroitin in capsule form. But MSM and glucosamine/chondroitin are also used for a lot of other diseases of the joints - like arthritis forms, etc. Ditto a lot of the autoimmune diseases and conditions.

Any normal healthy person who took as much MSM, glucosamine/chondroitin, and biotin as I do would have very long, strong, healthy, fast-growing hair and nails. Of course, in my case, the EDS itself is the reason why I don't have nice hair and nails, and why my skin doesn't heal well. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome is a collection of autoimmune connective tissue disorders. [read my blog for more info if you're interested]

Thanks for replying Stephanie. I'm sorry to hear about your EDS.:blossom: Im about to check out your blog.

PS- i think your hair is lovely. amazing shine.

Aredhel77
June 25th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I'm about to start MSM too having heard good things about it here. Interesting to see how we all get on!