PDA

View Full Version : Getting my hair cut today, help?

coscass
June 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
So, I'm thinking about getting 4 inches taken off the ends. I'm trying to grow out my natural color and the fire red ends really runs it with brown roots.

How much shrinkage do you think, looking at my pictures, I'll get with 4 inches? Should I go 3 1/2 instead?

Also, I want side bangs, with a face frame. Does anyone here have curly hair and a face frame? Is it just bad news? I've never had one before, and since I'm growing my color out anyway, why not try something different in between? If it looks bad, I can always do braids and ponytails and updos (since my hair will weigh much less.)

Advice, please?

EDIT:

Okay, so here's the before when I first got home. It's kind of straightened out because I was freaking out that it was uneven.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/The_Squirrel_Has_Spoken/hairbefore.jpg

And then this was after I went back up and had them fix it:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/The_Squirrel_Has_Spoken/newhair1.jpg
Ignore the bangs flipping up randomly they're in a poof lol. And my hair was up in a ponytail for a while, so it's kinda frizzy and such.

spidermom
June 23rd, 2010, 02:07 PM
I think you should ask for 2 or 3 inches because you will most definitely get shrinkage, but it's impossible for me to know how much. I had face-framing fringe for a couple of years, but it's grown out now. I think it looked pretty when I had it, but I like being able to secure all my hair back for stuff like yard work, and it's so much easier without short little pieces of fringe. I've still got short bits of baby hair to deal with, of course.

I hope you have a good salon experience.

coscass
June 23rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Well, I'm back. I got 6 inches cut off. But I'm sort of troubled... the two front parts look a lot longer than the rest. I rewashed it and am letting it air dry, but I'm afraid that they still look longer than the rest. I don't know if that was intentional or not, since it's BOTH sides on the front. If it is longer, do you think it would be a bad idea to have a friend or my mom fix it?

Mexibeach
June 23rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Well, I'm back. I got 6 inches cut off.

Ahhhhhh! Did you ask for the 6 inches to be cut off or did they just take 6 inches off? I'm really nervous about finding a new place to cut my hair when the time comes....

coscass
June 23rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Ahhhhhh! Did you ask for the 6 inches to be cut off or did they just take 6 inches off? I'm really nervous about finding a new place to cut my hair when the time comes....

I asked for it. but she somehow left the front an inch longer than the back, which... is really pissing me off. Are there any guides you know of that I could look at and try to fix it myself or with the help of someone else?

spidermom
June 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
6 inches! Wow; that's a huge change. I hope you like it.

Don't do anything to fix it right away - sometimes it takes awhile for hair to flow together after a new cut. I've seen a few people around with longer front pieces, so I'm pretty sure it was intentionally cut that way.

spidermom
June 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM
What? No picture? (just looked at your albums)

Yozhik
June 23rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Ooh! I'd like to see photos. I hope you like your new haircut :)

As for fixing the longer bits in the front, I hear curly hair is notoriously hard to cut. Did they do it while it was wet, or straight? If you're unhappy with the longer lengths, definitely get your relatives to cut them.

Mexibeach
June 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM
I asked for it. but she somehow left the front an inch longer than the back, which... is really pissing me off. Are there any guides you know of that I could look at and try to fix it myself or with the help of someone else?

OH! Thank goodness you asked for the cut - after my cut, I'm completely freaked out about going to a hairdresser now (my hair is just below chin length and was suppose to be at shoulder length). I would also wait a few days to do any fixings; I did notice some uneveness with mine and waited about a 5 days to a week to trim the front pieces a wee wee bit. I didn't want that "shorter in the back and longer in the front" cut that my hairdresser seemed to be going for.

urara12
June 23rd, 2010, 05:14 PM
wow. 6inch? are you happy with it?
I want to see pic too.:)
about longer part, I think you need to see the hair when it's 100% dry since you have curl.
hope you like new hait cut too .

coscass
June 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
What happened was she didn't round the ends when she slid cut the front for the face frame. She rounded them and now it looks better. But my hair has been wet and dried and wet and dried so many times today it's a frizz ball. I'll take a picture tomorrow or the next day.

coscass
June 23rd, 2010, 11:03 PM
bump! pictures added

McFearless
June 23rd, 2010, 11:38 PM
Did you have it cut straight or curly? I have curly hair also but I straighten my hair before a cut to make sure its completely even.

Overall your hair looks healthy and I like your natural colour :)

urara12
June 24th, 2010, 12:03 AM
now I can tell that firt pic is bit uneven.
but 2nd pic is an even:cheese: you have beautiful hair I envy your curl.

Loreley
June 24th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Cutting off 6 inches makes a huge difference. Do you like your new cut? Your hair looks lovely. So healthy and thick. :)