PDA

View Full Version : Hair mini-victory!

ibleedlipstick
June 22nd, 2010, 11:24 PM
I was finally able to do a relatively secure lazy wrap bun with a stick today! I have supermassive thick hair, that is all at once thick and baby fine, with a super smooth texture, and I didn't think that I would be able to get it to stay. It is the first bun that I have been able to secure with just a stick in a long, long time. I am very happy.

And about to become very broke. Etsy, here I come. (Because, if I can only do this one bun for the next few months, then I need to be able to change up my sticks a bit. And hey, maybe a few forks too? I mean, I wouldn't want my hair to be BORING. And I mean, who needs gas in their car? I can start walking more, and it will be good for my body. And my hair.....)

McFearless
June 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
Congrats! Your hair sounds like a dream. :)

loralie
June 23rd, 2010, 12:57 AM
Bah! I think I'm past 21 inches and I still can't get a lazy wrap bun to hold... but congrats! :D

It's so hard to control yourself when Etsy's just sitting there, beckoning, huh!?

I really want an antler hair fork. So pretty!

julliams
June 23rd, 2010, 01:07 AM
Can I be the first to suggest Ketylos? They are brilliant hairsticks and although I have a couple of different kinds of hairsticks, I always choose my Ketylos over any of the others. I love them. They also make hair forks. www.ketylo.com

freckles
June 23rd, 2010, 01:12 AM
congratulations! :D

RachelRain
June 23rd, 2010, 01:15 AM
My hair's the exact same, although I'm gonna say it's not as thick as yours, lol. it's baby fine though, and usually slides out of any updo I try.

pictures? (I love hair.)

ibleedlipstick
June 23rd, 2010, 01:28 AM
Can I be the first to suggest Ketylos? They are brilliant hairsticks and although I have a couple of different kinds of hairsticks, I always choose my Ketylos over any of the others. I love them. They also make hair forks. www.ketylo.com

What length? I think they are absolutely beautiful, and they are fairly inexpensive when it comes to hair toys. I plan on growing to term, and I want something I can grow into. What would you recommend?

And I will definitely post pictures when I get a beautiful stick for my hair- I feel a bit cheesy with my chopsticks (they are antique though- and smooth.) and my cheapies from Claires.

countryhopper
June 23rd, 2010, 01:46 AM
For something on the cheaper side, try checking out children's sized chop sticks. They are still smooth and have the same taper, but are about a third of the length less than adult chopsticks.

Forks are great to use with LWBs, too! i can FINALLY do one with my length, but some pieces always fall out. I'm not sure if this is because my hair might be slippery or that it may still be a little too short.

Loreley
June 23rd, 2010, 05:22 AM
Congrats! :)

jane53
June 23rd, 2010, 05:24 AM
My hair is 37 inches and I can't get a lazy wrap bun to stay. Waa!

*Aoife*
June 23rd, 2010, 06:07 AM
I still can't manage a lazy wrap bun! Lucky you!
And well done :D

Merewen
June 23rd, 2010, 06:39 AM
I second Ketylos. The 6 inch works wonderfully in my 28ish inch hair, though I could probably get away with a smaller one. If you are planning on growing into them, maybe the 7 inch would be good?

Chamomile betty
June 23rd, 2010, 06:59 AM
Congrats on your new hair style.
Glad it work for you.

GRU
June 23rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
For something on the cheaper side, try checking out children's sized chop sticks. They are still smooth and have the same taper, but are about a third of the length less than adult chopsticks.

This place has great prices:

http://asianideas.com/chopsticks.html

FrannyG
June 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
That is really impressive, with your thick hair! I only have a 3 inch circumference, and I still can't do a lazy wrap that stays in at my current length. Perhaps your waves give your hair a bit of extra texture. Way to go!