PDA

View Full Version : Should a high forehead be covered by bangs?

Sara_1987
June 22nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Of course nothing "needs" to be covered and anyone can have their hair the way they want it...Just want to get that out of the way. :)

But I have a high forehead (not extreme, but a fivehead :rolleyes:) and I don't really like it (one of my many complexes unfortunately).
I had straight across bangs (long ones that covered my eyebrows) and they looked really great but they were too high-maintenance and needed to be straightened all the time + for summer they are too hot so I started to let them grow a couple months ago. Now they're right at the part where I can tuck them behind my ear, so no hair is in my face.
I feel like it really makes my forehead stand out and am wondering whether you guys think a high forehead looks bad?

I always console myself by thinking that a high forehead was very desired in the Middle Ages and the Renaissance and women would even shave their hairline... haha :p It doesn't really make me feel that much better but oh well.

When my bangs will grow out completely (I'll let them grow to my shoulders I think, with the rest of my hair at waist) I'll be able to have some hair in my face a bit more by parting it way to the side maybe).

So what do you think: does a high forehead look bad and should it be covered with hair?

breezefaerie
June 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'm another one who has a fivehead and I feel terribly self-conscious about it. My bangs are fairly low maintenance though.

I do think that a high forehead looks just as pretty as a low or regular forehead. Just not for me.

Amraann
June 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
I think it depends on the rest of your facial structure.

Like if you have tiny set eyes etc etc.

It just really depends on you.

OperaTeacherMom
June 22nd, 2010, 12:52 PM
I have a somewhat tall forehead, and a weird hairline that goes in above the temples, so it looks like a receding hairline, plus I have a "widow's peak" (point in the middle of my forehead where the hairline comes down a bit in a V shape). I go back and forth on bangs/no bangs a lot, it's really hard to do bangs well with curly hair, but I hate my hairline so I have to do SOMETHING.

Not really helpful to you, just letting you know I'm in the same boat!

Lunami
June 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM
I can't remember ever seeing a woman with a high forehead without bangs, and they do exist! It must mean it doesen't look bad ;) It also depends on your face shape. However if you are happy with it, that's what matters. I never saw someone that i think "should" have bangs.

Anje
June 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
I generally think high foreheads look intelligent, and therefore shouldn't be covered up but shown. I might make an exception if your hairline starts well above where your head starts to slope for the top (making it look like the hairline has receded), but generally, I'm all for bare foreheads and fiveheads.

Then again, I'm a bit biased against bangs for reasons I haven't figured out. So take that into consideration.

Sara_1987
June 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
I have a somewhat tall forehead, and a weird hairline that goes in above the temples, so it looks like a receding hairline, plus I have a "widow's peak" (point in the middle of my forehead where the hairline comes down a bit in a V shape). I go back and forth on bangs/no bangs a lot, it's really hard to do bangs well with curly hair, but I hate my hairline so I have to do SOMETHING.

I always wanted a widow's peak. Most people who have them apparently don't like them, and I always wanted them.... Ah, you always want what you can't have... I also want freckles!

I like a widows peak, because the hair comes onto the forehead a little and is like "implanted" there (very strange way of saying it, sorry, I just can't explain). I always wanted that, my hairline is so....round (well, oval really).
Ha, it's difficult to explain.

OperaTeacherMom
June 22nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
I always wanted a widow's peak. Most people who have them apparently don't like them, and I always wanted them.... Ah, you always want what you can't have... I also want freckles!

I like a widows peak, because the hair comes onto the forehead a little and is like "implanted" there (very strange way of saying it, sorry, I just can't explain). I always wanted that, my hairline is so....round (well, oval really).
Ha, it's difficult to explain.

I don't mind the widow's peak part so much, I just hate the fact that it goes back so much at the sides! Like there are two larger "reverse widow's peaks" above the temples for lack of a better description. Maybe I should just take a picture lol.

Medievalmaniac
June 22nd, 2010, 01:15 PM
I have a somewhat tall forehead, and a weird hairline that goes in above the temples, so it looks like a receding hairline, plus I have a "widow's peak" (point in the middle of my forehead where the hairline comes down a bit in a V shape)

I am having trouble remembering what my hairline "used" to look like, but recently I am noticing that mine resembles this more. I don't remember having a widow's peak - but lately, it seems like I do. It's not a big one, but I feel like there definitely has been a change in my hairline up front.

I'm comforting myself with the knowledge that high foreheads were so desirable in the medieval and Renaissance eras that women did pluck their hair to achieve them! (And hoping this doesn't mean I'm going to go bald...! ack.:()

Faepirate
June 22nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Not unless you want to cover it with bangs.

I think bare foreheads are pretty. :)

Magdalene
June 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
I have I high forehead and I don't wear bangs.

spidermom
June 22nd, 2010, 02:20 PM
I agree that it depends on the rest of your face. For example, if you have a round or square face, straight-across bangs are going to make your face look wide and squashed. Not attractive.

Personally, I find it very convenient to have hair long enough to pull back when I'm doing stuff like working in the yard, so I don't care if bangs would look better on me or not.

Yozhik
June 22nd, 2010, 02:35 PM
I have a high forehead, and have been told before that bangs would "fix" it.
I don't have bangs, and haven't since I was a kid, though. In doing experiments with trying to arrange my hair to give me fake bangs, I have noticed that they do drastically change my appearance.

I just can't decide if I want the hassle of dealing with bangs, though -- it seems like a lot of people do experience a certain degree of hassle with them. :shrug:

Just wanted to say that I know where you're coming from :)

squiggyflop
June 22nd, 2010, 03:28 PM
i have what i think is a high forehead.. and i used to cover it with bangs.. but when my hair is short if i dont straighten it it does the farrah fawcett flip thing.. people were commenting on my farrah hair too often for my taste so i got rid of the bangs..

a high forehead can look good sometimes.. it really depends on the face that goes with it

Delila
June 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
I finally got my bangs grown out when I decided to let my hair grow long, and I don't think I'll ever go back.

I disliked bangs when I had them (so high maintenance!), hated them when they were growing out (so awkward!) and don't miss them at all.

My hair's wavy, and I have major cowlicks in the front part of my hair, so my bangs were always wayward and uncontrolled. Granted, I never realized how wavy my hair is naturally until I quit using a blow dryer. Curls/waves? who knew? If I'd realized how wavy my hair is way back when, and had found some way to work with, not against my waves, I might have hated the bangs a bit less.

I did have to wash my hair every day mostly because my bangs got oily so easily. That's also an inconvenience.

MissMB
June 22nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
I think the reason that some of us resent bangs is because we're told we need them to "fix our foreheads". Like you were born with a facial feature that's unacceptable and you should make it look like everyone else's.

Perhaps if anything we should just resent the people telling us such things.

zenobia
June 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I'm also in the high forehead club and I think I look a zillion times better with long, side-swept bangs. I just about kissed my hairdresser when she suggested them and they turned out great.

missmagoo
June 22nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
I also have a high forehead and I am growing out the bangs I've had for about 6 years. It it a little weird to have no bangs, but now that I am more used to the way I look without them I like it. The hardest for me has been when I wear my hair up to not have any hair in my face, but when I compare pictures I like the no bang look much better.

I still have face framing layers, but I am so tired of dealing with full on bangs. My advice is to give yourself a chance to get used to the way you look without bangs- you can always cu them back.

RavennaNight
June 22nd, 2010, 05:32 PM
:waving: fellow fivehead over here! And no, I don't have bangs. I did in middle&high school and I just remember them being difficult to manage and needed more attention than I want to give. And I haven't had bangs since. I'm used to my fivehead now, and think I grew into it sort of? It's gonna feel awkward at first, but once you get used to what you look like t will be fine. I'm sure you're forehead isn't bad at all.:)

Tresses
June 22nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I finally got my bangs grown out when I decided to let my hair grow long, and I don't think I'll ever go back.

I disliked bangs when I had them (so high maintenance!), hated them when they were growing out (so awkward!) and don't miss them at all.

My hair's wavy, and I have major cowlicks in the front part of my hair, so my bangs were always wayward and uncontrolled. Granted, I never realized how wavy my hair is naturally until I quit using a blow dryer. Curls/waves? who knew? If I'd realized how wavy my hair is way back when, and had found some way to work with, not against my waves, I might have hated the bangs a bit less.

I did have to wash my hair every day mostly because my bangs got oily so easily. That's also an inconvenience.

Yep, wavy hair + cowlicks = frustrating bangs! I didn't realize how wavy my hair was at the time either, so I, too, might have tried to work with them instead of fight them.

Anyway....it took me awhile to get used to the billboard I have for a forehead, but I can't imagine that I'll ever go back to bangs.

Arctic_Mama
June 22nd, 2010, 05:53 PM
Well I have a normal to low brow and also wear bangs, it's whatever you think looks good on you :)

The 'rules' on such things are nothing more than guidelines, and sometimes bad ones, at that!

Centifolia
June 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM
I also have somekind of an high forehead, but I hate bangs on me. I thinks it depends a lot on the personal face features. Since I have a large nose I can't pull off the look of bangs, my face needs to be more open (I have some photos on my albuns if you want to see).

I really sugest you to try some clip-on bangs or to try photoshop them.

I also remember from when I had a fringe that it was a pain since my skin is a bit oily.

myrrhmaiden
June 22nd, 2010, 07:32 PM
If you do want to go for bangs, I'd recommend a longer side swept bang. I find them more forgiving maintenance-wise and you can pin/tuck them back more easily when you want them out of your face. And no, I don't think bangs *need* to be there on a higher forehead.

heynormy
June 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
I suppose my forehead is somewhat normal, however I do prefer bangs just because I have a square face and it kind of balances everything out!

ibleedlipstick
June 22nd, 2010, 08:24 PM
Two words: Angelina Jolie. Lots of forehead, no bangs. Still beautiful.

Juneii
June 22nd, 2010, 08:42 PM
It just depends on how much effort you are willing to put in and the look you're trying to achieve. I think a high forehead and nice and from time to time do like my own high forehead. However, my face is oval/long and looks big in my opinion - especially when my hair lies flat. So I got bangs to give my face and head a fluffier and rounder shape. It is high maintenance and bothers me a lot if it doesn't look just right. But I think I look best this way and am willing to take the extra time to make it look nice. :)

Hopefully you'll come to a decision, don't let what others think affect your decision, it's your hair and your face so in the end it's what you like the most.

MissManda
June 22nd, 2010, 09:16 PM
I have a high forehead and I have gone with and without bangs. I used to want to hide my forehead when I was younger, but now I don't see anything wrong with it at all. :) It gives a little more variety to the world. I decided I didn't want bangs because I didn't want to deal with trimming them anymore.

Just go for what you feel is best for you. A high forehead does not need to be hidden away or "fixed" and is beautiful in its own way.

Crazycatlady
June 22nd, 2010, 09:43 PM

Delila... just had to comment about your experience re: discovering your waves/curls now that you stopped blow drying. This has happend to me as well since I joined here and I air dry more. I LOVE my messy waves, they seem to suit my face better than the straight hair style I always tried to achieve with the dryer!

Sorry, didn't mean to bump the thread...I do have a comment about bangs too. I don't really have a high forehead, but I just like the way my face looks with bangs. Not sure why, maybe it brings out my eyes more or something? I do have them trimmed often...too chicken to attempt it myself. ;)

RachelRain
June 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM
I used to always be so self conscious about my forehead, because mine is high as well, but I just couldn't bring myself to care about bangs enough to bother with the daily fluffing and constant snipping. so I realized pretty quickly that while I might be a little eh about the forehead, I was more comfortable overall without the bangs and it's very rarely even something I think about. Unless I get a massive bug bite or pimple, then I kind of wish for them, but you know.

All in all I guess it's whatever you feel most comfortable with? But you'll probably eventually grow out of the self conscious thing like I did - I've noticed a lot of people I used to be friends with in school no longer have them and show off their foreheads now :) It's kind of nice, since generally I think bangs really only belong on little girls.

x0h_bother
June 22nd, 2010, 11:06 PM
I have a fivehead and it made a huge difference when I got bangs. I agree that shorter bangs are hard to take care of and for me they gpt greasy really fast. I for a while preferred angled side sweeping bangs, thinking that it was necessary to cover the forehead. Then my fiance told me he liked the bangs grown out, that I wouldl look good. It gave me confidence and I now have long bangs tucked, which are parted slightly to the side. I like it this way, but was horribly inconfident and self-conscious without the shorter bangs before my fiance encouraged me. I think middle parts make high foreheads worse though.

loralie
June 22nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Definitely seconding the sideswept bangs! I used to go back and forth between them and blunt bangs, but love my sideswept ones. I have a higher forehead too, and though I'm sure it doesn't look totally horrible without bangs, they're my security blanket!

McFearless
June 22nd, 2010, 11:25 PM
I have one too babe and I cover them up with Bettie Paige bangs. They are extremely high maintenance though..

I dont know what you look like but Im 99% sure you are being too hard on yourself(we all are). How about long side bangs? Or a middle part with the front pieces in a Farrah Fawcett wave? I did that for a while and it hid my forehead very well.

jackiesjottings
June 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
I have a high forehead and widows peak and have had a fringe since I was 18. I just don't suit not having one :(

Merkaba
June 23rd, 2010, 08:52 AM
It's how you look personally. I think high foreheads detract from the rest of a person's face, and bangs look nice to balance out the affect.

slythwolf
June 23rd, 2010, 09:31 AM
I have always been told I have a high forehead, but I think it really just looks in proportion with the rest of my face. (There is a face pic in my profile.) I think my parents may have been comparing mine to my sister's low one. Or maybe hers is average and I'm just used to mine. I don't know.

I can't stand bangs (on me, they look great on other people! --Had to clarify). I haven't had them since Kindergarten.

Rapunzal2Be
June 23rd, 2010, 09:35 AM
I've got a pretty high forehead, and always go back and forth between cutting in bangs and then growing them out. So I guess I'm no help!

freezerpop
June 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
I have a high forehead with a fairly pronounced widow's peak. This bothered me when I was younger, so I always had some wispy or side-swept bangs. About a year ago I decided to grow them out with the rest of my hair because I grew tired of fighting and using half a can of hairspray to get them to stay in place all day.

I just bought a "bang-thing"-type hair extension to play with. This way if I get the itch to have bangs again temporarily I won't be chopping my hair then regretting it the next day. :)

Delila
June 23rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Delila... just had to comment about your experience re: discovering your waves/curls now that you stopped blow drying. This has happend to me as well since I joined here and I air dry more. I LOVE my messy waves, they seem to suit my face better than the straight hair style I always tried to achieve with the dryer!

I know what you mean though. On some level I'm curious to see how my waves would behave at shorter lengths, since I don't think I quit blowdrying until after my bangs grew out. Until that point, I really had no clue why my hair behaved the way it did. (Blowdrying didn't make mine straight, just weirdly flat and swoopy. Ugh.)

mamaherrera
August 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
This is me totally too. But lately it seems like it's receded a bit more in those temple areas, where it goes back. I know I've always been like that, but it' seems a tad thinner. I'm hoping it's just cuz I had a four year bout with shedding, and maybe it'll take longer to recuperate.

littleghost
August 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Yup. Me too. High forehead and the weird receeding on the sides of the forehead. I do have bangs at the moment and the reason I don't wanna grow them out is that I can't find a growing out style for the bangs that looks good on my forehead! Pinned back looks horrid and pinned t the sides exposes the high corners and looks weird. Don't get me wrong I love a high forehead, I think it looks quite smart and sexy and I don't think anyone should feel bad or less attractive because of it! Tyra Banks is a supermodel and she has a high forehead. For me it's just the sides that bother me a bit.

WilfredAllen
August 29th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I'd try a sidepart before bangs. It probably only looks bad to you though. I bet nobody else notices it :p I have a "three head" and no one else seems to notice that my forehead is way too small haha

chen bao jun
August 29th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Depends.
My sister has a really high forehead and as kids we used to poke fun at her because her hairline started so far back (as does my mom's). However, she grew up and kept winning beauty contests, with her hair pulled back smooth and all her forehead visible, so obviously many, many people didn't (don't) think it a problem.

I never won any beauty contests with my low(ish) forehead and widow's peak, but I never entered any, either. People generally say that I am also attractive. So--my guess is that your forehead, whether low or high, doesn't really matter....

jacqueline101
August 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I have bangs on mine. I love bangs anyways.

lunalocks
August 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I have bangs to cover mine. Always have had. Probably always will.

MunaZaldrizoti
August 29th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I have a high forehead. I used to hate it when I was younger, but now I like it. I've had blunt fringes at various stages in my life, but not for some number of years now.

AmberLouise
August 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have a large forehead plus an ugly hairline so I tend to always wear some kind of bang, but I don't think that all big foreheads look bad. I think Christina Ricci is gorgeous and she's known for her big forehead. For me it has more to do with the shape of the hairline along with the shape of the forehead.

ladyfey
August 30th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I also have a large forehead and I am no help because I go back and forth on bangs. I cut them, then grow them out and by about the time they are really out of the way (collar bone length) I end up cutting them again!

Vampyria
August 30th, 2013, 07:47 AM
I always had bangs as a child because of my high forehead. Then my hair got curly and I couldn't have them any more. But my hair got straighter and I cut some bangs again. I have some kind of side bangs now, but they don't cover a lot of my forehead (1/4 maximum). I can't really make them behave the way I want, since I'm a wavy. My face does looks better with bangs though, so I will probably keep them forever.

hannabiss
August 30th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Operateachermom and I have same forhead. Widows peak plus it looks like it is receding. I loathe my hair line. In my albums I have a pic where you can see what it looks like. It's bad

BrightEyes
August 30th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I have a high forehead and have always worn bangs. I have seen people with high foreheads not wear bangs and they look good. I just look better with them.

shutterpillar
August 30th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I don't think my forehead is particularly larger than average (it's a "4 head" for sure), but the way my other features are laid out makes it look like it is. I've even gotten comments about how high it is.

I've had bangs many times over because hair dressers have always told me I needed them to make my features more balanced, but in all honesty I prefer myself without bangs. I prefer other people with high foreheads without bangs as well, and so does the fashion industry, so it seems.

Just realized this thread is three years old... I hope my post is relevant to someone. :P

jen5972
August 30th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I have never felt comfortable without bangs. I tried to grow them out, but only got to around chin length before they drove me insane. Now that I am over 40, I think bangs help me look younger. I try to switch them up a lot by wearing them all down, and also by wearing them swept to the side.

emilylightning
August 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
IMO do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable and happy! I LOVE bangs and my forehead isn't large at all.

leslissocool
August 30th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I thought bangs looked good pretty much on higher foreheads!

I have a very short one :lol: I look terrible with bangs!

Becky9679
August 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I have a fivehead and I've not worn bangs (or a fringe as we say in the UK!) since I was a very young child. I prefer the look of a bare forehead on me, even if it is a high one! It can make certain updos a little severe if I sweep my hair directly back from my face but if I make sure I have a part then that usually sorts it out.

There is always the best of both worlds option - a friend who was recently trying to decide whether or not to get a fringe bought a fake clip-on one to see how it looked. It blended in surprisingly well with the rest of her hair, it's much lower maintenance than having a real one (because you don't have to constantly style it to keep it in place) and you can trim it however you want. Or get several and trim them in different styles! And on days you feel like going without, leave it at home ;)

alexis917
August 30th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I think it depends on the test of your face!
Bangs were too high maintenance for me though, and I grew them out forever ago.
They honestly didn't suit me!

butterfly_dream
August 30th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I have a high forehead and I’m growing out my bangs. It was really a hassle of dealing with them.
I can ensure that a high forehead doesn't look awful without bangs. :p

gnome82
August 30th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I also have a high forehead, having a fringe does not suit me at all.

mary*rose
August 30th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I had a friend in high school with a high forehead, but I never knew it until I saw an old picture of her without bangs. In my opinion, she looked much nicer with the bangs than without - I mentally complimented her for the decision. They were cut straight across, a little longer at the sides of her face.

I had bangs for a little bit, and I'm glad I grew them out. I didn't know how to style them, they got greasy really quickly, and they were a pain once they got too long. Looking back, I look better without them. It all depends on your face shape and personal opinion, and the amount of work you're willing to put into it.

CurlyCap
August 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Nah.

I like people to look different. The world deserves to see high, low, and devil's peak foreheads!

XcaliburGirl
August 30th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I don't think I've ever really negatively noticed anyone's high forehead. I think it looks fine. If you don't like to maintain bangs, then don't have them.

I like how I look with side-swept bangs. I do mine with a "swoop" affect. I just comb them back at an angle and they curve down as they dry. I trim them once a month or once every couple of months.

I think the key is do have bangs because you like bangs, not just to cover up something you dislike.

battles
August 30th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I have a high forehead. I don't care if my forehead "should" be covered, bangs are a pain to deal with and I don't want them.

AmyBeth
August 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
My forehead is high but I don't mind it. I think others look fine with a high forehead also. If cutting bangs would please you, by all means, do it!. But you surely don't have to cut bangs on my account!:)

höpönasu
August 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
I have a high forehead. I can't have straight bangs on my forehead because it's huge and gets oily so it messes up my bangs. I've had my side bangs and it works just fine. Sometimes I just hate my forehead but what can you do..
:ponder:

Saeth
August 31st, 2013, 12:11 PM
I have a high forehead and a long face :/ I have straight across bangs just above my eyes and I feel a lot better for it. Without them I feel like my forehead is this huge entity all by itself and it's all anyone notices! However I find dealing with bangs annoying, my hair is fine, it's super greasy and nothing helps that. In my dream world I'd go without bangs and be happy with it!

ETA: I don't really have a view on whether high foreheads should be covered. I do feel some things are more flattering on certain people though. But ultimately the wearer of said fringe or no fringe, with high forehead has to feel confident and happy. That's all that matters in the end.

martyna_22
August 31st, 2013, 12:16 PM
My family's always told me I have a high forehead... and I believed it up until I grew up to be able to think for myself. Seriously? I have a round face. A classic round face. I had bangs such a long time.. only because my family members are apparently blind ;)
I think whatever suits you is best. I personally don't like bangs because they widen me even further.. If you feel insecure whatever way, change it!

Saeth
August 31st, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'll add something else, in two words: Jerry Hall anyone? She has a high forehead, very long hair, and a long face but she still looks awesome. Confidence is the key :)

TiffanieJean
August 31st, 2013, 01:24 PM
I am a huge fan of bangs, but unfortunately I also have a round face….. I’ve tried bangs about 4 times and none of them worked for me. =( Keeping that in mind, I still want to try it again because of this picture I found…

<a data-pin-do="embedPin" href="http://pinterest.com/pin/23855072999378432/"></a>

If I have the right face shape I would 100% go for blunt bangs.

http://pinterest.com/pin/23855072999378432/

If the top link didn’t work this one should ^

I really like these bangs too.

http://pinterest.com/pin/23855072999605969/

Toadstool
September 1st, 2013, 04:00 AM
I never knew a high forehead was "supposed" to be a negative thing until I read it on LHC a few years ago! lol Mine is high.

Flick6
September 1st, 2013, 05:08 AM
I have a high forehead, and I also have thin curly hair, I feel like a fringe (or bangs) would take away half my volume, which would be tragic. I also have no concept of styling ones hair on a daily basis.... I would have a little scraggly cowlick to haunt me everyday if I cut a fringe. Also my husband has some weird bias st a fringe? I dont know why! All these factor mean I have never considered covering my five head.... It means you have more room for brains in there anyway, right? (jk)

TheVegan6
September 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I think high foreheads look great! Do whatever you :henny:want!

Saldana
September 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
I have a high forehead, and have done long hair with and without bangs. For me, I think the bangs are more flattering to my face, especially when my hair is up all the time. YMMV. :)

jupiterinleo
September 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
I have a high-ish forehead and long face; I love how bangs look on me. I just hate windy days and the general upkeep of bangs. I'm growing them out now. I'm pretty excited to not have bangs because I can finally wear a hat in the winter! I'm also growing them out because I personally don't like how I look with bangs + really long hair... I feel like an anime character.

slynr
September 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I have a five head and an oval face and have gone with and without bangs. I think overall my face looks less severe with them.

Kwantslonghair
September 25th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I am a fellow five-head. I wore bangs for 30plus ears. I grew mine out lately. A little past shoulders right now. I part on the side and forehead actually looks smaller unless I pull it straight back. Grow them out and give it a try, ou can always cut them back if you don't like it.