PDA

View Full Version : 19 June 2007

Angela_Rose
June 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM
Oh my goodness. Saturday was my three year anniversary of my tenure on LHC.

I was encouraged to join by Arwyn80, whom we don't see much of on the boards these days, and when I finally did I was blown away. I'd been growing my hair out from about BSL or so and was a little longer than that when I joined up. I've even gotten friends to join here! Razorgrin, Kaileida, Lorelai_Amethyst...
I... don't have any photos handy from those dark ages, but suffice it to say my hair was in decent shape but had tight layers.
I've had such a wonderful time on LHC. Ladies and Gents, you've changed my life. I've learned so much, and not just about haircare, either! I've made so many wonderful friends, had some great times, seen some crazy things, gotten motivated, learned to make a 5-strand braid, and enjoyed my time here tremendously.
So now it's 2010 and I've grown from BSL to (alllllmost) mid-thigh at 48 inches. My hair is... thinner at the ends than I am super-happy with, but I have learnt to work around that and know what I'm going to do when I hit my 60" goal. I know so many new styles and ways of caring for my hair, my body, and my mind.
I'll post photos in the next few days, as Lorelai_Amethyst is at my house for the weekend and she's promised to take pictures of me. And I'm going to make her post them because my internet is unreliable at best. There are some photos in my albums, though, but no length shots since November 2009.
So to my wonderful friends at LHC, I raise a glass. Thank you for three splendid years and I look forward to many years to come!!

Yozhik
June 21st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Angela_Rose, what a wonderful narrative! I love hearing about other peoples hair journeys and about how much length (and knowledge AND friends :)) they've gained here.
Yours is really inspiring.

I hope to achieve a hair journey and corresponding stories as yours someday! :flowers:

Also, I can't wait to see length pics! They're so satisfying (it's like instant hair -- you just fast-forward through the years ;)).

princessp
June 21st, 2010, 08:45 PM
Here here and cheers! Congratulations on your anniversary here.

gmdiaz
June 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Oh how cool!

I can't wait to see the pics!

little_acorn
June 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Happy anniversary :cheese:

Oskimosa
June 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
Well happy "hairaversary!" You are an official LHC recruiter, as well :)

eyesofsummer
June 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM
Congrats, and cheers to LHC!
:toast:

serious
June 22nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

Gypsygirl
June 22nd, 2010, 01:30 AM
Cheers and beers! :beercheer:

ericthegreat
June 22nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
Congrats on your now 3 year anniversary! Your hair has come very long way both literally and figuratively in these past few years. :flower:

Here's to more anniversaries to come! :toast:

countryhopper
June 22nd, 2010, 01:37 AM
Congrats!

Really?! BSL to thigh in only 3 years?! that seems SOOOO fast! What's your secret? DO share! :D

Loreley
June 22nd, 2010, 01:58 AM
Happy anniversary! :)
I'm looking forward to the pics... :drama:

freckles
June 22nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
congratulations on your anniversary :)

Chamomile betty
June 22nd, 2010, 06:46 AM
Congrats on your anniversary. Your hair is very beautiful.

Angela_Rose
June 22nd, 2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks, everyone. See what I mean about this being a great place?

Angela_Rose
June 22nd, 2010, 09:53 AM
Oh, sorry, CountryHopper... I wasn't clear. I started consciously growing from BSL, but I did not go from BSL to Thigh in my three years here. BSL was two years before I came to LHC.

Medievalmaniac
June 22nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
Congratulations on your three-year anniversary! You are definitely a hairspiration!! :D