PDA

View Full Version : glad to be back, thanks, and hair update+question

twilight
June 21st, 2010, 05:34 PM
i have missed LHC!! having a baby (who is now a one-year old AND i have another on the way) is very distracting and time-consuming..:thud:

i just wanted to say thank you for the messages and the picture comments i never responded to for failure to login :flower:

..and to say that i've reached my "goal" hair length and now i don't know what to do! do i trim it to keep it here, or let it go and see what happens?? i'm wary of having length longer than my "b*ttcrack" (BCL) mostly because i don't want to deal with it getting stuck in my pants/underwear/bathing suit/whatever.

also, i'm thinking of--sadly--abandoning henna for the sheer fact that i can't stand roots and i know very soon i will have NO time for applications, with a newborn and an 18-month old. i am a strawberryish blonde naturally, so i may have to use nightshade's famous sun-in procedure to blend while i still have time before the baby is born.

thoughts on either of these topics?

Nae
June 21st, 2010, 05:43 PM
Well, welcome back!! About the length, I suppose you could try to let it go for a while and see how you like it. It wouldn't hurt and if it starts to annoy you all you have to do it trim it back to where you want.

I am not a henna girl but I understand how it is to have two small munchkins running your life. (My first pregnancy netted me twins lol.) I would get my DH to watch the kiddos for a while in order to have some "me" time occasionally. Maybe you could have your SO or a friend come over to keep an eye on your babies while you henna?? I would probably be good for you to have a little down time. Of course, if you are wanting to go back to your natural color by all means try the Sun-in trick. Best of luck with your sweet little family!!

cindy58
June 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Congrats on the baby and baby-to-be! My last goal was also BCL, but I reached that and found it a little difficult to get into the "maintain" mindset over "growing". Now classic isn't that far off and I think I'm going to aim for that. That's not to say that I haven't given some thought to trimming back -- this is a lot of hair. Honestly, if I had little ones, I very well might trim back a bit, though probably not shorter than BSL. There's plenty of time later to go for longer length if you choose to.

My hair doesn't usually get stuck in my pants because I pretty much toss it up in a hairstick bun as soon as I get out of bed, so it's often out of the way before I dress for the day. I sleep with my hair loose most of the time.

spidermom
June 21st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hi; good to see you again. If it were me, I'd let the hair grow until it annoys me, then cut back. Repeat as needed.

FrannyG
June 21st, 2010, 06:11 PM
It's so nice to see you, twilight, and congratulations on your family! :hollie:

I think that it would be difficult to keep up henna with a toddler and a newborn, that's for sure. I suggest you post for ideas in the henna thread.

As for your length, it's delightful that you've reached your goal length. As long as you feel good about your hair, I would just let it keep growing until or unless it starts to drive you bonkers. It's so easy to trim a few inches off, but it takes a while to grow them. You might find that you like it longer; you never know until you try.

Anyway, welcome back, and I wish you well. Don't worry about any messages that you missed while you were away. I think anyone can understand why you were unable to respond. :blossom:

countryhopper
June 22nd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I'm of no help. :D

But I just wanted to say that I love your sig pic! So cute! And congrats on the baby, the new baby, and reaching goal!

Loreley
June 22nd, 2010, 02:04 AM
Congrats on the babies! :D I'd grow it longer and see what happens. If you don't like it you can cut it back. :)

twilight
June 22nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
thanks ladies--common sense would suggest i let it be until it bothers me, wouldn't it? :o sounds like a plan. i definitely don't want to go shorter than where it is now, but i can always cut back if it gets unmanageably long.

i'll browse in the henna forum to see what others might have said about going back to natural (and whether it's really worth losing the gorgeous copper mane)...

ps--spidermom, your hair is looking absolutely amazing.

Naava
June 26th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Welcome back! It's good to hear from you, I did wonder what happended to you.

Congratulations for the baby and the belly baby :) I also a little worried about how busy I will be with my 2 year old and the baby that is due in the beginning of October :)

princessp
June 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Congratulations on your babies and welcome back!

Juneii
June 26th, 2010, 01:43 PM
well you can aim for completely virgin hair all the way to your goal length? :D I haven't given much thought to it either since my goal length keeps changing before I even reach it, what are we to do once we reach our goal?

congrats on the baby and baby to be!

Amraann
June 26th, 2010, 02:48 PM
well you can aim for completely virgin hair all the way to your goal length? :D I haven't given much thought to it either since my goal length keeps changing before I even reach it, what are we to do once we reach our goal?

congrats on the baby and baby to be!

I guess once that you reach goal you maintain? Maybe change the goal?
Really what you do is whatever you want!

Twilight, congrads!!!
I had little ones 19 months apart. You will be busy! BUT they can often be the best of play mates!

I love your pic! When I was pregnant woman did not show their bellies. I like the newer trend that they can and do.
I remember the hideous tent like maternity clothes we had.
There were cute things but back then they were sooooo expensive and only bought at specialty stores.