PDA

View Full Version : Baby hairs

Bller
June 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM
I`m sorry if this subject was already treated, but i`m curious about one thing, i have a few hairs that recently started growing from the middle of my forehead, they grow pretty quick, but they are so frustrating because they make me look so awkward when I pony tail my hair, they just hang around and look dumm. I thoughts of cutting them, but I wanted to ask first, if i`ll cut them now, would they grow again ? Or should i let them grow out now, and try to tie them when they`re long enough.
Thank`s !

Yozhik
June 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Definitely let them grow :)

They're your new growth, which will increase your ponytail circumference and overall thickness, so the last thing you want to do is cut them or pluck them. Besides, they'll just grow back :)

I'd suggest ignoring them and letting them grow out, or maybe using something light like aloe gel or a tiny bit of leave-in conditioner/coconut oil/oil of any sort to coax them to lie flat.

Hope that helps!

Tiina
June 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Some supplements for hair growth can make hair grow in places it isn't supposed to be. But if the new hair is only near your hairline or you are not taking anything then it is nothing to worry about and you can embrace it as new growth. :)

Bller
June 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM
Definitely let them grow :)

They're your new growth, which will increase your ponytail circumference and overall thickness, so the last thing you want to do is cut them or pluck them. Besides, they'll just grow back :)

I'd suggest ignoring them and letting them grow out, or maybe using something light like aloe gel or a tiny bit of leave-in conditioner/coconut oil/oil of any sort to coax them to lie flat.

Hope that helps!

Great idea with the gel, i`ll try that , they`re not quite long, but got there pretty fast, much faster than my overall hair growth and i was stunned.
Thanks for the heads up !

Bller
June 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Some supplements for hair growth can make hair grow in places it isn't supposed to be. But if the new hair is only near your hairline or you are not taking anything then it is nothing to worry about and you can embrace it as new growth. :)

I didn`t take any supplements for hair growth before, should I try `em out? My hair is growing awfully slow, i`ll have knee long beard before i get waist length on my hair :)).

spidermom
June 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Hairs are always shedding and new hairs are always growing in, so you might as well let the baby hairs that you have now grow out because you will never be rid of them.

Bller
June 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hairs are always shedding and new hairs are always growing in, so you might as well let the baby hairs that you have now grow out because you will never be rid of them.

That`s what i`ll do, and put them down with a bit of gel just to keep them out of my face and that should do it.
Thank you spidermom !

heynormy
June 22nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Let them grow!! I have the same issues with my wispys, but I've learned to gel them down!