PDA

View Full Version : Terminal length or just breakage?

MissySue
June 21st, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

I'd like a little advice and/ or your opinions please:
the longest hair I've had that I measured was 25". I had it at this length for about 8 or 9 months w/out any growth. I was also pretty hard on it, I highlighted every 8 weeks, washed and blow dried everyday and wore it up with a metal clip almost everyday. The bottom few inches of hair were very thin. It was straight at the bottom, not tapered.
Do you think this is my terminal length or was my hair just too damaged to grow?

My hair now is only 18", but it's healthy and I really want to grow to waist length.

jane53
June 21st, 2010, 01:14 PM
Hi all,

I'd like a little advice and/ or your opinions please:
the longest hair I've had that I measured was 25". I had it at this length for about 8 or 9 months w/out any growth. I was also pretty hard on it, I highlighted every 8 weeks, washed and blow dried everyday and wore it up with a metal clip almost everyday. The bottom few inches of hair were very thin. It was straight at the bottom, not tapered.
Do you think this is my terminal length or was my hair just too damaged to grow?

My hair now is only 18", but it's healthy and I really want to grow to waist length.

Don't highlight, blowdry, and over-wash.

Your hair must have been breaking with that routine!

spidermom
June 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
I think your problem was breakage, and if you hang around LHC and take good advice for gentle hair care, you will be able to grow your hair longer.

MissySue
June 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Jane53 - your hair is gorgeous! Can I ask your routine? Or is this not the right forum, I don't really know my way around to well yet.:)

trillcat
June 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
When I was beating the you know what out of my hair (extreme bleaching far too often, harsh shampoo everyday, not conditioning properly, blowdrying every day, etc etc) it looked stuck at one length, never got much past BSL during all that. The only way I could tell it was in fact still growing was from the roots which were a good deal darker than the white blonde. However as fast is could grow, it was all breaking off.