PDA

View Full Version : How do you photoshop our hair pics to make it look longer?

Pear Martini
June 21st, 2010, 06:38 AM
Do I need to buy photoshop?

Jessclewlow
June 21st, 2010, 08:59 AM
urm... if you want to photoshop your hair you tend to need photoshop yeah lol.
there are some crappy versions online but they dont have the full capacity of the full version.

LawyerGirl
June 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
I have seen some members do it for others... so you might be able to ask nicely and then you wouldn't have to purchase the program. :)

Stormcast
June 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
Same here. I could photoshop a pic if you want....
What I did for mine is selected the area of my picture that was hair (using the conventional back-of-the-head pic) and just stretched it out to my desired goal length. You can see it in my album.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4576&pictureid=59884
You can PM me with the picture if you want me to photoshop it. If not, I would suggest some photo-shop-like product, like adobe photoshop elements(basically the same thing but cheaper)

09robiha
June 21st, 2010, 09:22 AM
you can get free trials of photoshop or similar programmes which might be good if thats the only thing you are going to use it for plus there are lots of free tutorials out there that can show you how to manipulate images and your hair. Many of them are step by step and quite easy.

HairColoredHair
June 21st, 2010, 10:23 AM
Search for GIMP for windows (if you use windows, else it is available for other operating systems).

It's highly PS similar and, best of all, free.

CrisDee
June 21st, 2010, 10:49 AM
I remember seeing somebody post somewhere on here (Lord knows where at this point!) that they were able to do it with Paint (default "Accessories" program that comes with WIndows), but I didn't have much luck with it when I tried.

GRU
June 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
I remember seeing somebody post somewhere on here (Lord knows where at this point!) that they were able to do it with Paint (default "Accessories" program that comes with WIndows), but I didn't have much luck with it when I tried.

It might have been "Paint.Net" rather than the rather basic Paint that comes with Windows.

Fortunately, Paint.Net is a FREE download: http://www.getpaint.net/