PDA

View Full Version : People of Walmart Hair Pic

StarryNight
June 21st, 2010, 03:12 AM
Has anyone seen this? (http://www.***************.com/?p=14768) Her hair looks so healthy, it's sad people make fun of being different.

Moderation: PoWM is all streetshots, which are prohibited here for privacy and f*t*shism reasons. The moderators have decided that it is inappropriate to link to a site that is exclusively streetshots.

EvaSimone
June 21st, 2010, 03:19 AM
Her hair does look super healthy and pretty. We did have a previous thread about another long hair being made fun of on people of walmart.

HintOfMint
June 21st, 2010, 03:20 AM
Wow, nary three comments down and you already get some nonsense about Locks of Love and how they give wigs to kids with cancer.

Maybe we should have our own version of Godwin's Law.

Loreley
June 21st, 2010, 03:23 AM
Her hair is so beautiful! I don't know why people are so evil... :mad:

Sara_1987
June 21st, 2010, 03:33 AM
On the website there's actually quite a few comments from people saying her hair looks nice.
I think that in the picture it sort of looks like the hair on top of her head is short, like an extreme mullet style. And there was also a mullet remark in the comments.
Maybe that's why she is on the website?

StarryNight
June 21st, 2010, 03:34 AM
Oh, I didn't know there was another PoW thread, sorry.

Were there LoL trolls?

Belisarius
June 21st, 2010, 03:59 AM
Not this picture but other long haired people have been made fun of on that website.
I think she has pretty hair. It must take quite some effort to take care of hair that long.

Carolyn
June 21st, 2010, 04:54 AM
I left my comment. I think her hair looks healthy and well cared for. I wouldn't care to have a mullet like that but to each her own.

Long_hair_guy
June 21st, 2010, 05:42 AM
Looks better then half of the people I see when I do my shopping.

Svenja
June 21st, 2010, 05:44 AM
I think her hair is great. Maybe the people with the nasty comments do not realise how much effort and devotion it takes to get hair that pretty and healthy?

may1em
June 21st, 2010, 05:48 AM
On the website there's actually quite a few comments from people saying her hair looks nice.
I think that in the picture it sort of looks like the hair on top of her head is short, like an extreme mullet style. And there was also a mullet remark in the comments.
Maybe that's why she is on the website?

I think this is it - the length alone (given its health) isn't quite enough to land her on POWM, but it's definitely a mullet. Totally reminds me of one of my Barbies with the 80s bangs. (Oh, having Barbies in the 80s...)

Not a style I would choose (you think growing out layers is a pain?) but she appears to have dedicated herself to her do.

Fethenwen
June 21st, 2010, 05:53 AM
I read some comments about it looking like a mullet. So I looked at it closer, the front part of her hair does look chopped :confused: I guess that is just because she has the front hair behind her ears and the poor photo quality.

GRU
June 21st, 2010, 06:50 AM
You know, if we ALL clicked the "red thumbs down" box on the ones that say she should donate to Locks of Love, if we can get enough clicks to drown out the thumbs-up clicks, those comments will be hidden!!!!

To find the ones that mention LoL, you can just do a search (hit Ctrl and F at the same time) on the word "love" and it will take you straight to those posts.

Angeletti
June 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
wow the people who put pictures on there need to get lives, her hair looks nice from the back... it's hard to tell whats going on up top due to photo quality, but even if she had a mullet it's not like she's walking around walmart in her underwear like some of the people on the site

Nae
June 21st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Yeah, whenever one of these get posted, I take my time to go through and thumbs-up the nice comments and thumbs down the idiots and the ones that recommend donation or chopping. I feel it is the least I can do to show support to a long hair who is being targeted.

Pandora.
June 21st, 2010, 08:21 AM
OMGSH I saw a woman just like that in town today!
I must say, I think I must've looked like a total creep when I just froze on the spot gawping at her amazing hair. :D

DakarNick
June 21st, 2010, 08:37 AM
I clicked Thumbs Down on all the ones I briefly saw saying she should cut it. A mullet is a mullet and this is the most extreme I have seen.

However, the long part is some of the most straight and silky, and (looks to be) taken care of hair that I have ever witnessed regardless of how short the front is.

spidermom
June 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
My DD and I were looking at the People of Walmart site over the weekend and saw the picture. Yes, the long part looks awesome, but a mullet? Had to laugh.

TiaKitty
June 21st, 2010, 09:47 AM
I don't think it was the length that landed her on PoWM, so much as the mullet, her slender and tan Barbie Body, and the mullet. Oh, did I mention the extreme mullet? Not that I've got anything against a mullet; I sported one for several years as a teen. And there are still members of my family who can't break free of the crushing grip of this style!

I do agree that her hair is well cared for and looks very silky.

loralie
June 21st, 2010, 09:51 AM
Am I the only one here who thinks those are totally extensions sewn into the back of her short haircut?

Fractalsofhair
June 21st, 2010, 09:54 AM
The long part looks lovely, really silky and with no taper! The mullet on top... well, I'm not a big fan of mullets on anybody, but that's just me.

kabelaced
June 21st, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'm fighting with myself whether those are extensions or not. :confused:

Dreams_in_Pink
June 21st, 2010, 10:54 AM
I'm fighting with myself whether those are extensions or not. :confused:

Extensions that long would've ripped all the hair on her scalp :)

Besides, i looked closely to the pic but couldn't see the mullet? :confused:

GRU
June 21st, 2010, 11:03 AM
Okay, someone has to say it:

Business in the front, party in the back! :D

GlassEyes
June 21st, 2010, 11:04 AM
Extensions that long would've ripped all the hair on her scalp :)

Besides, i looked closely to the pic but couldn't see the mullet? :confused:
Uh...no they wouldn't have. One, she could be short in actuality, and thus they reach longer, and two, they wouldn't necessarily be that heavy.

There was a post on here about a 6'' tall woman who got extensions down past her tailbone (the one who spent 10000 dollars, or something), and they'd be comparatively of a similar length. I don't think they would tear the hair out--without the hair, they can't attach them. They wouldn't tear as long as they braided it correctly.

Yozhik
June 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
I made sure to thumbs down the LoL comments. It's amazing how pervasive the idea is that it is a great organization!

I also second HintOfMint's suggestion of instating a modified Godwin's Law for LHC :D

Dreams_in_Pink
June 21st, 2010, 11:13 AM
Uh...no they wouldn't have. One, she could be short in actuality, and thus they reach longer, and two, they wouldn't necessarily be that heavy.

There was a post on here about a 6'' tall woman who got extensions down past her tailbone (the one who spent 10000 dollars, or something), and they'd be comparatively of a similar length. I don't think they would tear the hair out--without the hair, they can't attach them. They wouldn't tear as long as they braided it correctly.

I had tailbone-length extensions installed once. Of course they didn't rip my hair out :P but i must admit it felt like that every time i rested my head on a surface. It pulled like there's no tomorrow :(

embee
June 21st, 2010, 11:24 AM
Heh. What would extensions that long cost, do you think? And would some young woman in AL, shopping at Walmart, be likely to have them?

I found the pic quality poor, so it was hard to tell exactly what was going on with the top, whether it was pulled back, short, twisted, or what.

So tired of LoL.... they push hard in our community especially in the elementary school where kids are shamed in to donating. Then their pictures are in the local paper. Makes me angry.

However, LoL does have a 4 star rating from Charity Navigator. That's good.

SHELIAANN1969
June 21st, 2010, 11:26 AM
I hate that website, it does no good for me to go on there, I find it highly offensive, the only reason people post pics there is to make fun of others and if people would refuse to visit their site, it would eventually fade away. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening because too many people like to make fun at others expense. :(

trolleypup
June 21st, 2010, 11:42 AM
And from an LHC perspective, PoWM is all streetshots, which are prohibited here for privacy and f*t*shism reasons. The moderators are considering whether it is appropriate to link to a site that is exclusively streetshots.

Pimpernel
June 29th, 2010, 01:47 AM
Since the link was removed, I had to go back through POWM until I got to the picture everyone was talking about. I'm 100% positive they are not making fun of her long, beautiful hair. They are making fun of her extreme mullet. A mullet will get you a guaranteed spot on the site, as will underwear, tie-dye, fat rolls, and furry clothing...Also, I agree with some of the other posters that this looks like it could be fake hair.

Night_Kitten
June 29th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I'm not sure it's a mullet - I think it's a scarf or a narrow bandana in a color close to her hair color... It's really hard to see from that picture though...
(sorry if anyone already said something similar, I didn't read all the thread)

I think her hair is really beautifull and well cared for, too bad they chose to make fun of her...

Ruvie
June 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
All those comments about locks of love irritate me. Apparently, youre selfish if you dont want to chop off years of hardwork and devotion and give it to a "charity"that isnt even trust worthy. :mad:

Bonkers57
June 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
The link doesn't work for me :confused:

Has anyone seen this? (http://www.***************.com/?p=14768) Her hair looks so healthy, it's sad people make fun of being different.

StarryNight
June 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
The link doesn't work for me :confused:
The admins removed it a while ago. Sorry.

jackie75
June 29th, 2010, 12:07 PM
A mullet will get you a guaranteed spot on the site, as will underwear, tie-dye, fat rolls, and furry clothing

Why tie-dye? I'm wearing a tie-dye shirt now! They really go overboard with this garbage, leave people alone already!

Wish I could see the pic, but if her only "crime" is a mullet, give me a break! :rolleyes: Some people never grow up.

Bonkers57
June 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I went to the site and found the pic they're talking about. Normally I avoid that kind of site myself - it does nothing to build me up (and there's enough out there to bring us down.) If the woman has a mullet, that's her prerogative. :shrug:

I hate that website, it does no good for me to go on there, I find it highly offensive, the only reason people post pics there is to make fun of others and if people would refuse to visit their site, it would eventually fade away. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening because too many people like to make fun at others expense. :(

Debra83
June 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Incredibly long! Even if it isn't real, or is!

Iron0Maiden
June 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I cant see the link, but is it a girl with long blonde hair and they are calling her Babrie?

Mely
September 21st, 2010, 04:14 PM
There was another long-haired person on People of Walmart recently. The picture is dated September 19th, 2010 and is titled Split Ends
I won't link to it, since we are not supposed to.
It is a sad case--floor length hair completely matted, from what I can tell. Older lady.

Google: people of walmart September 19th, 2010 Split Ends

Most of the comments are mean.

pepperminttea
September 21st, 2010, 04:27 PM
There was another long-haired person on People of Walmart recently. The picture is dated September 19th, 2010 and is titled Split Ends
It is a sad case--floor length hair completely matted, from what I can tell. Older lady.

:bigeyes: That is not a happy head of hair. From the photo it looks like it might be salvageable from about classic length up, but my goodness, detangling that - even with the worst trimmed off - would be a mammoth task.

ScarlettAdelle
September 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM
:bigeyes: That is not a happy head of hair. From the photo it looks like it might be salvageable from about classic length up, but my goodness, detangling that - even with the worst trimmed off - would be a mammoth task.

Get the deep conditioner, this is gonna be a loooooong evening...

Mely
September 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Get the deep conditioner, this is gonna be a loooooong evening...

I wish we could really do it :(
They need to have some sort of make-over show on tv for really sad cases such as this.

JenniferNoel
September 21st, 2010, 06:14 PM

Well, it is like one huge dread lock. The comments are mean, it's just a mean site in general. But such are some folk out there. What can you do...

christine1989
September 21st, 2010, 06:59 PM
Awww! The link wont open :(. Her hair sounds amazing though.

Bonkers57
September 22nd, 2010, 05:57 AM
I can think of two - Ten Years Younger and Style By Jury. Just about all the makeovers are really sad cases. But I think they all live in California.

I wish we could really do it :(
They need to have some sort of make-over show on tv for really sad cases such as this.

skaempfer
September 22nd, 2010, 06:28 AM
Some of us have been called freaks. I'd be the first one to admit I wouldn't want a giant dread lock that goes down to my knees, but consider the possibility that she knows how it looks and likes it that way.

Just sayin'
:bluesmile

mariika
September 22nd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Okay, so I found our Walmart Barbie, and I'm sure it's half head pixie - half head long hair; and her hair is gorgeous! Just WOW.