PDA

View Full Version : Waist to hip - any tips

Cupofmilk
June 20th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I have done wait to hip before.
I don't know if I am waist or not - certainly when wet not quite when dry. Oddly my hair is the opposite of a U - a n shape - the front being longer - so when all down the middle back is the shortest bit - I had it cut when damp and combed - that bit is actually really curly!

Anyway I don't know how long it will take - I am so chubby I dont' know where hip is - the widest bit is all of my bottom really - so Tb and beyond.

What is the average distance? Do we think? I reckon waist must be 12 inches off TB - so another 2+ years .....

I am S&D and doing some micor trims. Wearing up every day!

jera
June 20th, 2010, 02:46 PM
I think it depends on height and whether you're short or long waisted. This may not be the answer you're looking for but it's the best I can come up with. :o

I'm tall, but with a short waist. It took me about 8 months to reach hip length.

With my long legs, my journey to knee length is going to be a killer. If I ever get there at all. :)

Calista
June 20th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Not sure what exactly you want to know, but I would like to direct you to the Waist To Tailbone (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5483) thread, in case you don´t know it yet. :)

HintOfMint
June 20th, 2010, 04:19 PM
I was under the impression that "hip length" meant the top of your hip bones, not necessarily the widest part of your hips like when you're measuring for pants.

spidermom
June 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
The journey from waist to hip was very quick for me - maybe 3-4 months.

jane53
June 20th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Yeah, my hair goes from waist to hip fast.