PDA

View Full Version : 1 year of growth...no trims

Lassie
June 20th, 2010, 03:43 AM
Cut my hair in June 2009 (unsure of date)
Shoulder lenght bob.... have been 'growing' my hair ever since.

Finally reached the 1 year mark! YAY!!!

Especially happy with my lack of splits....have been making a consciouse effort with keeping my hair healthy, but still do the odd blow dry, or heat curl...probably average of once a month. Did my first henna which worked wonders and will definitely be repeating that. Have been using coconut oil, which has also helped with texture. I take MSM on and off but other then that I dont do anything else, so am really pleased.

My hair still feels very 'short' to me...and despite seeing a difference in length in the photos, i dont 'feel' like it has grown much, anyone else feel this way?? And i feel like my hair grows nowhere near as fast as some other members one here... *envy*

But all in all i am pleased...and looking forward to getting to waist asap.....

(excuse the poor quality photos)

This is a year ago (my head is tilted downwards somewhat)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5233&pictureid=74807

Here it is today
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5233&pictureid=74806

katha
June 20th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Wow, that is awesome growth if you ask me!

Sunny_side_up
June 20th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Such progress!! Looks fabulous, lovely healthy shiny hair! :)

serious
June 20th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Are you kidding??
You've grown A LOT !!!! Your hair looks great!

Tonks
June 20th, 2010, 04:29 AM
That's some kickass growth!

I also went a year without trims of any kind, and I went from the same length, and I am a little bit behind you! A couple inches away from BSL. :D

Keep it up!

FrannyG
June 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
That's an excellent year's worth of growth, by any standards! :inlove: I do envy that you can go a year without trimming and still have great hair. It's lovely.

vanity_acefake
June 20th, 2010, 05:10 AM
OMG! That is some amazing growth. Your hair looks fantastic.

dayonea
June 20th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Oh threads like this make me desperate to reach the posting limit that lets me see the pics....I just have to imagine how much your hair has grow LOL Im sure it is mighty impressive judging by the other comments!

Pumpkin
June 20th, 2010, 05:59 AM
That is some wonderful growth!! The condition of your hair looks great also!! Wow!! :)

Calista
June 20th, 2010, 06:08 AM
I grew from shoulder to almost tailbone, and I still feel like my hair hasn´t grown! :lol:

Loreley
June 20th, 2010, 06:50 AM
Kidding, right? That's an amazing growth! Happy anniversary! :)

Dani
June 20th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Thank you so, so very much for posting your progress. It is very inspirational for me. :D I love your hair, and that is great progress for a year. That's how it goes, methinks: shoulder to apl in one year, and my goal is apl in a year!

I am nearly to shoulder now, and I have never been more determined to have long hair. I know I can do it. I did a wee dusting a few days ago, and that was the first time I've cut in a few months- which is huge for me! I just love cutting my hair so much, and I've been doing it a ton since I chopped my hair into a pixie a few years ago; but I feel I've beaten the bug. I don't want to trim for a year, also! My husband did me a huge favor and said he'd love to see my hair long again. ;) What a great motivator that was!

When it was longer, my daughter was 1, and I found my hair heavy and annoying, and didn't have the patience to deal with it. I was too sleep-deprived to realize I could come here for some help and advice. ;) But now I know and will remember! Obstacles, problems, issues = LHC. :cheese: Just like your post today! Thank you again. And thanks for letting me talk out my thoughts about myself; it helps me stay on track. :p

Nae
June 20th, 2010, 07:24 AM
That is fantastic!! I am another chiming in saying it is some inspirationaly growth. I am just past shoulder now.....(oh that reminds me I should go measure lol) and I would LOVE to be APL! You give me hope!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woot for awesome hair growth, even if it feels slow to you!

clech25
June 20th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Your hair looks shiny, smooth, and healthy! Right now I am trying to do the same thing as you are with little to no heat and no permanent color and absolutely no bleach - they fried my hair! But using no heat, no brushes, and a strong conditioning treatment along with some coconut oil is making a huge difference.

clech25
June 20th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Also, i have to say, you hair is growing slowly to you, but for others, it is easy for them to see the new growth. It is the same as if you did not see a good friend in months, and when you finally do, they are 10 pounds heavier. It is easy for you to notice RIGHT away, but it's probably not as easy for them. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will be rewarded (as you already have been with your new growth).

Carina
June 20th, 2010, 07:37 AM
That is some awesome growth in a year for sure.Congrats to that growthspurt.

alwayssmiling
June 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Fantastic growth! Hope my hair will be that long by my anniversary......these threads stop me in my tracks from heading to the hairdressers....thanks for posting your pics.

kristymarie87
June 20th, 2010, 08:57 AM
WOW! Thats awesome growth!

And even better for me because the texture of your hair before looks like mine now! So if mine will look like that in a year i'll be so happy!

Iron0Maiden
June 20th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Amazing! When you said no trim for a year, I was honsetly expecting fried split ends sticking out everywhere and a very uneven hemline! But it looks beautiful :D

beachlover
June 20th, 2010, 10:46 AM
That's amazing!!!!!! Your hair grew SO much!!!! Looks lovely!

spidermom
June 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Hooray; growth happens!

Oskimosa
June 20th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Very nice! Great to see another negligent trimmer like myself... ;)

little_acorn
June 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Great growth :thumbsup:

Yozhik
June 20th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Wonderful progress :)
Happy anniversary!

lhangel9
June 20th, 2010, 02:58 PM
That's an excellent year's worth of growth, by any standards! :inlove: I do envy that you can go a year without trimming and still have great hair. It's lovely.

I second that!!! I trimmed about 3" off since last year and I'm about 1" behind you eventhough my hair was longer than yours when you started. (I was nearly APL). Go figure:confused: Anyway, hooray for you!!!!

Kome
June 20th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Woooooo! We're at about the same length and starting cut and time! It's true, I swear. Haha. It looks like we've both had some really good growth. Keep it going, it looks great!

McFearless
June 20th, 2010, 04:55 PM
That is a huge amount of growth. Be proud!

IcarusBride
June 20th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Your hair is so lovely!!!
I think that the growth is soooo noticible, especially going from a 'very short' (in relative LHC terms, obviously it wasn't all that short by mainstream standards) haircut to now BSL/ almost BSL.
If you keep the same growth rate, you'll surely be beyond waist in 1 more year!

Capybara
June 20th, 2010, 06:36 PM
I think that's wonderful progress :) Shoulder to almost BSL in a year, wow!
Your hair looks great :D

Lisa R
June 20th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Wish I could see the pics but unfortunately I can't just yet!

Lassie
June 21st, 2010, 01:07 AM
Thank you all so much for your positive comments!!!

I feel so much more empowered to carry on with my growth..

All that i know, and all that my hair is today is predominantly down to LHC and its beautiful encouraging members!

Thank you all ever so much :)
*hugs*

countryhopper
June 21st, 2010, 02:43 AM
WOW! :thud:

Awesome hair and awesome growth!! Did you have anything else you had added to your haircare regimine? vitamin suppliments or head massages, for example?

Share your secrets! :D