View Full Version : Smilie problems?

k_hepburn
March 11th, 2008, 05:45 AM
I've noticed two problems persisting regarding the use of smilies since the board has come back up:

First: In the window that opens when I want to reply to a thread or post a new thread, not all of the smilies shown as a quick selection on the right are represented as smilies, the last four, namely cheese, taz, magic and knit, only appear as words. (I wonder if this is the same for everyone, or whether it may be caused by me using Mozilla Firefox as my internet browser.)

Second: If I click onto the "more" button for additional smilies again about half of these smilies are only indicated as words (about the top half of the list of imported smilies has no pictures). Also, the rest seems to take forever to download.

I'm hoping these problems can be fixed in the long run, as I am a great fan of decorating my posts with matching smilies, but really need the visual inspiration when picking them.

Greetings

katharine

Miss Murphy
March 11th, 2008, 06:06 AM
K_, you're not alone. I think the problem is that the smilies that are currently only depicted by words are "external" smilies and have not been linked yet.
Also, if you click on one of those smilies, it won't convert into a smily in your post either, it just stays as :taz: for example.

But I'm pretty positive that we'll have all our beloved smilies back soon :)

trollkjerring
March 11th, 2008, 06:07 AM
I have the same problem and so far I am to coward to use the ones only shown by words so I stick to the first one, the smilie-smilie:)
trollkjerring

Miss Murphy
March 11th, 2008, 06:27 AM
As I said, the ones in words stay in words and don't become smilies - at least for now :)

Jennifer
March 11th, 2008, 06:46 AM
The smilies are not finished yet. Hopefully, they'll be completed and all up and running soon. :D