PDA

View Full Version : Pretty please - another hair typing

julliams
June 20th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Hi there,
I was inspired by a recent hair typing thread to do the very same and I did everything I was supposed to do except that I have to admit that it is only about 98% dry here. After 4 hours I just couldn't wait any longer and the light is fading fast. I wanted to get outdoor pics as the natural light shows up the way it really looks better than a flash indoors in my opinion.

Anyway, here are the shots - back and sides. My hair has loads of texture to it and there are many coarse hairs as well as some fine hairs but the overall texture would be medium/coarse I think.

At first I thought it was going to dry near straight as the weight of the water was pulling my ends down a little but as you can see, some waves have sprung up. I would like to try it again with towel pressed hair to see if there is a difference, but I'll save that for another day when I have 4 hours to spare.

So... what do you think I am?

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4716606234_9209f51496_b.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4716606366_2ec38cd64a.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/4715964101_9bbf336af5.jpg

PiroskaCicu
June 20th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I think you are a 2c...gorgeous waves with a slight curl at the ends! :)

hemolymph
June 20th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I am no good at hair typing but just wanted to say I love your hair! I envy the color...is it your natural color?

julliams
June 20th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Hey there - yours was the thread that inspired me to do this - thanks!! Yes it's my natural colour although there are a significant amount of greys arriving but so far they just look "blonde" so it's ok. I guess it's strawberry blonde. It's great because it's a great colour and not so great because I can never justify dying my hair so it's been the same colour for the whole of my life.

I was amazed at how wavy your hair was when you air dried it compared to just how straight you get it with a cold blow dry. Something I don't think I could achieve and yet we have similar hair type. Thanks again for the inspiration.

julliams
June 20th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Thanks also PiroskaCicu - I think you might be right. I think the coarseness of my hair lends itself to be 2c rather than 2b. It's always nice to have someone else help out with this kind of thing.

hemolymph
June 20th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Hey there - yours was the thread that inspired me to do this - thanks!! Yes it's my natural colour although there are a significant amount of greys arriving but so far they just look "blonde" so it's ok. I guess it's strawberry blonde. It's great because it's a great colour and not so great because I can never justify dying my hair so it's been the same colour for the whole of my life.

I was amazed at how wavy your hair was when you air dried it compared to just how straight you get it with a cold blow dry. Something I don't think I could achieve and yet we have similar hair type. Thanks again for the inspiration.

I love strawberry blonde! Wish that was my natural color :)
Yep, the cold blow dry involved lots of product though.. I used tigi's sleek & straight, redken anti snap and sometimes hair spray. I think the real trick is the round brush though. I use the biggest one they sell and dry each section until it's straight. Hard work and still pretty damaging because the brush rips hairs out. *sigh* I need to learn to go all natural.
(Ends hijacking)

But your hair is much curlier than mine so I could see how it would be very difficult to get it straight!

Purdy Bear
June 20th, 2010, 02:41 AM
2 c I think. Its very similar to what my own hair would be like, if I had any. You have awesome hair, its almost making me drool.

melikai
June 20th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Hrm. I'd say 2b/2c. It looks much wavier in your signature picture, but if I ignore that it looks closer to 2b to me. Very borderline though, and I imagine that with variations in dew point and other factors, the curls would be brought out more. :)

julliams
June 20th, 2010, 02:54 AM
My siggy is done with plopping/crunching and a leave it and it's about as curly as my hair has ever been. I haven't been able to get it like that since which is why I covet it as a siggy pic. What you see in the initial post is how I wear it mostly. In the next hour after taking this pic I think it went a fraction curlier so I'm thinking 2b/2c also. Thanks

Rentlle
June 20th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I would say 2B/2C: these are well defined waves, but there's a little little curl in it on the bottom..
lovely hair color btw :)

Toadstool
June 20th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Very pretty hair!

Sarahmoon
June 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Wow, I would have guessed 2a/b. I'm better at typing straight hair though so nevermind me, looks like I'm alone with my guess anyway :lol:

spidermom
June 20th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Very pretty hair! I'd say 2B. I don't see any defined spirals, which you would need for 2C type.