PDA

View Full Version : They should come to LHC!

chopandchange
June 19th, 2010, 12:13 PM
LOL I just came across this (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090317142057AAaBhN5). Shame the poor person didn't get any LHCers answering her question!

Quixii
June 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Ouch! Some not so nice responses - though not as mean as they could have been.
But yeah, it's a shame no LHCers saw that.

GoddesJourney
June 19th, 2010, 12:30 PM
i fine dat stoopid coments r ofen mis speld

~translation~
I find that stupid comments are often misspelled.

Siava
June 19th, 2010, 12:49 PM
LOL! Gawdezzzzz, dat wus fun-ee!

The first response from the hair "stylist" floored me. Since when did hair styling turn into automatic messiness?

Toadstool
June 19th, 2010, 02:03 PM

~translation~
ROFL Indeed!

Long_hair_guy
June 19th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hopefully s/he didn't follow any of the bad comments.

I love that stylist comment because you will have fewer options if you cut it shorter

Foxknot
June 19th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Wow, some people were pretty rude there. >.< Not as rude as they could've been, but still...

The comment from the hair stylist made me laugh though. XD I just love how long hair automatically means "messy" styles.

Lamb
June 19th, 2010, 02:39 PM
All I have to say is that anybody who wants to complain about TLHC being too well-moderated should visit answers.yahoo.com every day. :nono: I'm VERY grateful we have some decent writing and spelling standards here.

Spiffyhink
June 19th, 2010, 05:10 PM
All I have to say is that anybody who wants to complain about TLHC being too well-moderated should visit answers.yahoo.com every day. :nono: I'm VERY grateful we have some decent writing and spelling standards here.

Oh man, I try not to be a grammar snob, but I agree with this SO MUCH. Answers.yahoo.com depresses me so much for a variety of reasons. I think we should have a round of applause for our moderators here! :applause :applause

little_cherry
June 19th, 2010, 08:28 PM
LOL..I never trust what has been said on Yahoo answers..

Poor girl...I hope she made it here.
It seems that there are people out there that don't consider long hair lovely.

BlueMuse
June 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
I found it interesting that the vast majority of the posts that got votes weren't advocating cutting but trying new styles. Curious.

*Aoife*
June 20th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Gah! Poor girl/guy. I'm going to guess they're a girl as the general community of Yahoo Answers would laugh at guys with long hair. I'm actually on that site, I just avoid several sections.

~translation~

I love it :D Thank you so much for putting this as your sig. I'm going to laugh everytime I read one of your posts rom now on.

Angeletti
June 20th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I was laughing at some of the suggestions... gotta love the "you should just cut it" response

Kome
June 20th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Oh dear lawd. The people telling her she should just cut here hair because she doesn't have many options? I want to hurt them... badly.

Vis Versa:

"Oh hi. My hair is short and I can't do a lot with it. I like it short, but I'd like to style it differently sometimes. Suggestions?"

Response: Grow it out. Short hair is boring and you can't do a lot with it, like you said.

Comments like the above.... NOT HELPFUL. Why did you respond? *pulls out her hair* :(

Merlin
June 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM
chopandchange! how could you even consider anywhere that they spell it 'rite'

Sarahmoon
June 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
"You don't have a lot of options when it's that long" - coming from a hair stylist.

Just.... wow. So much ignorance from the sort of people you'd expect to know something about hair.

mellie89
June 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM
I'm still laughing about the suggestion to "get it up to her soders and a side bang."

:laugh:

Long_hair_guy
June 20th, 2010, 01:27 PM
I found it interesting that the vast majority of the posts that got votes weren't advocating cutting but trying new styles. Curious.

Votes on Yahoo Answers don't really mean much since you can vote for yourself.

On some sections of Yahoo Answers are good people but on some there are some really bad people.

Wanderer09
June 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Other than the comments telling her to cut it, I thought there were some good ideas there.

Lamb
June 20th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I'm still laughing about the suggestion to "get it up to her soders and a side bang."

:laugh:

"Sod it" just got a whole new meaning. :lol:

chopandchange
June 20th, 2010, 03:31 PM
chopandchange! how could you even consider anywhere that they spell it 'rite'

im sorry, u now i cant' allways be perfect merlin

Translation: "I'm sorry. You know I can't always be perfect, Merlin."