PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person

McFearless
June 18th, 2010, 07:04 PM
who doesnt find Jennifer Aniston's hair attractive? I find it stringy..and all those flyaways:rolleyes:

hemolymph
June 18th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I prefer thicker hair, but I still think her hair is pretty. Is she a natural blond? She has a beautiful hair color.

zeldagirl7491
June 18th, 2010, 07:30 PM
In my opinion it is too flat and limp-looking

lastnite
June 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think she's pretty, but I never cared for her hair. Even when her style was popular from the Friends days... I think people seem to like her hair because she makes it so silky pin straight :confused:

Arctic_Mama
June 18th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I don't dislike her hair, but I don't love it, either. I prefer more natural texture and I know she flatirons. I generally also prefer more volume. There's nothing wrong with thinner hair, or hair that isn't wild n' wurly, but that's my hairtype AND preference on women. I think it is romantic :)

Jules diamond
June 18th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I think it would look a lot nicer with more layers or even shorter. It lays limp for some reason.

May
June 18th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I love her hair colour more than anything but her hair does looks so silky and soft (even if it is flat ironed). :o

PiroskaCicu
June 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I just love the colour, too. It's a very beautiful, natural looking gold... not sure if it's natural or not. But it's still very pretty!

virgo75
June 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM
It's a shame that she seems stuck on flat ironing her hair.
I think it's more flattering on her when it's a bit more full.

http://www.eatliver.com/celebrities/img/jennifer-aniston.jpg

ETA: oops, sorry.

lilith
June 18th, 2010, 08:15 PM
It's a shame that she seems stuck on flat ironing her hair.
I think it's more flattering on her when it's a bit more full.

http://www.eatliver.com/celebrities/img/jennifer-aniston.jpg

Her natural texture AND color are gorgeous!

I've always liked her hair, but since my own hair has gotten thinner over the past few years, I've found myself developing a very strong preference for thick hair.

Figures, doesn't it? :rolleyes: :D

Beatrice
June 18th, 2010, 08:55 PM
I'm with you all the way. I could never understand that look. Silky and straight is one thing; dull, razored, and lank is another. I know I hate it all the more because practically every teenager in my city was wearing it for years, and many still are. Only they looked much worse than Jennifer--major fly-aways, no shine, and lots of stripey highlights. It looked so strange and unhealthy to me.

virgo75
June 18th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Her natural texture AND color are gorgeous!

I've always liked her hair, but since my own hair has gotten thinner over the past few years, I've found myself developing a very strong preference for thick hair.

Figures, doesn't it? :rolleyes: :D

I agree, I think the brown is vibrant on her and compliments her skin and eyes more. :)

JenniferNoel
June 18th, 2010, 08:59 PM
She herself is very pretty, but I'm not personally fond of her hair color. It's flat and uninteresting, just like the stringy texture. But to each his own.

Quixii
June 18th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I didn't know who she was so I just looked her up. I don't like her hair. :shrug:

UltraBella
June 18th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I think her hair is really pretty and I think it looks nice on her. I can't picture her with different hair.

Ivy~Rose
June 18th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I like her in [b]lilith[b]'s first picture, but not the second. I don't like it all in her face. Also, because my own hair looks terrible down (it clumps together and looks stringy, no matter what) I project that onto her hair. :P

Heavenly Locks
June 19th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I think her style is/was one of the major factors into making flat ironing so popular. Not my thing.

I think she's pretty though! I just prefer hairstyles that have a little more interest. :)

Loreley
June 19th, 2010, 01:33 AM
I don't like her hair when it's straight but it looks pretty when it's a bit wavy.

christine1989
June 19th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I loved the slightly messy yet silky, shiny bob that made her famous in Friends however her hair lately is just too frizzy and messy for my taste. It looks like she has been out in the wind.

Purdy Bear
June 19th, 2010, 01:52 AM
I personally cant see what all the fuss is about. Theres plenty of others I would prefer to be like, I cant understand her attraction, but then Iv never understood or like Friends either.

Tiina
June 19th, 2010, 03:35 AM
I don't like it either. Rather than natural shiny-silky, it looks overprocessed.

Svenja
June 19th, 2010, 03:42 AM
I must admit, I don't think she's pretty and I have never understood the hype over her quite average looking hair.

Sammich
June 19th, 2010, 03:46 AM
I must admit, I don't think she's pretty and I have never understood the hype over her quite average looking hair.

Amen. :cheese:

Pandora.
June 19th, 2010, 03:55 AM
I think she's absolutely gorgeous; her face, eyes, body and her hair. Even girls as young as me envy her, lol.

maria_asa
June 19th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I do think her hair looks soft and silky but other than that it's not very special. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I neither love or hate it :shrug:

MonaMayfair
June 19th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Her natural hair colour is a much darker brown and it's curly. Even in the early episodes of Friends (which are always on TV here) it's completely different.
I'd only envy someone for having beautiful natural hair, anyone can get ots of highights and use straighteners!

SHELIAANN1969
June 19th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Just like anyone else I am sure that Ms Aniston has her good and bad hair days, she is in the public eye and some will love her, some will loathe her and some won't care.

Hopefully Ms Aniston isn't a secret member and doesn't pop in to read all the negativity about her hair, maybe she wants to fix it? Or, she may like it just fine the way it is, different strokes for different folks!

FrannyG
June 19th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I've never given it much thought, since the days of the Rachel Cut, but I have to say that I think her hair is pretty whether she wears it naturally with waves or when she flatirons. I don't see stringy when I see her hair. It looks as though her hair is very well cared for too. I don't see anything negative about her hair at all.

spidermom
June 19th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Anybody else uncomfortable with threads that are started for the sole purpose of criticizing people?

Pandora.
June 19th, 2010, 03:43 PM
Anybody else uncomfortable with threads that are started for the sole purpose of criticizing people?

I second this.

I find that being judgemental of others makes you more prone to being judgemental towards yourself.

SHELIAANN1969
June 19th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Yes.

I second this.

I find that being judgemental of others makes you more prone to being judgemental towards yourself.

I third it.

MsBubbles
June 19th, 2010, 05:45 PM

Yes! Thank you. Also I feel like now I need to run and hide because my hair is so 'lank' and straight. To me, JA's hair looks downright poufy! I think it's beautiful actually.

pennylane
June 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM

I agree. And the fact that her hair is absolutely gorgeous makes it even worst!

In fact, J Aniston is one of my hair idols! :D I want her hair. I want it bad! :D

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/mikisu/jennifer-aniston-hair.jpg

UltraBella
June 19th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Her natural hair colour is a much darker brown and it's curly. Even in the early episodes of Friends (which are always on TV here) it's completely different.
I'd only envy someone for having beautiful natural hair, anyone can get ots of highights and use straighteners!

My hair has been incredibly different throughout the years, and it probably hadn't been "natural" since I was 15. I have highlights, lowlights, I curl it with heat..... If that means my hair is less stunning than someone with virgin hair, so be it. I think it is pretty fantastic :)
Love my processed, un-natural hair !!

Buddaphlyy
June 19th, 2010, 06:25 PM
I've always thought Jennifer Aniston and her hair were overrated.

The guy who cut her hair, Chris McMillan ( I think that's right) does give fairly good hair advice though.

atlantaz3
June 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I've never been a fan of hers. I think her face is too sharp. If I had to pick a style of hers - the one from Friends that was so popular rather than the straight in her face hair she has now.

GlennaGirl
June 19th, 2010, 09:55 PM
I like her hair. I also think she seems to be a very down-to-earth kind of person. I can't say that for sure, obviously, since I don't personally know her. But what I've seen, I like. I think she seems fresh and fun. :) And yes, her hair is pretty.

GlennaGirl
June 19th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Also I feel like now I need to run and hide because my hair is so 'lank' and straight.

Yeah, me too. Honestly, people, if you think this woman's hair is "lank" and "uninteresting," I better never show another picture of my own hair down. :o For real.

Katurday
June 19th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I actually consider her overall unattractive - I am puzzled at the appeal. On Friend's, I actually lusted after Phoebe's and Monica's hair more, because Phoebe had all those beautiful clips and Monica had gorgeous thick and dark and shiny hair. And it looked that way straightened or not!

To clarify, I am just not a big fan of manipulating your hair "slightly". She had brown hair so she went for golden highlights. To me, the beauty in hair dye is doing something different, if you're brown go black, red or blond but going slightly more golden brown is just UGH. Again, personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it. Her straightened hair is OK but it doesn't suit her too well - its not the texture itself, its that she looks so plain with it on. She basically defined a generation of mediocre hairstyles - don't go too extreme in hair color change, straighten that "out there" curls and BAM! you're normal and "attractive". So its not the straightness, its not the color, its that the fact that she CHANGED her hair intensely to achieve something so NORMAL that bothers me. (And for the record, straight, thin and golden brown hair that is natural looks better, period. More variation in tone, less flyaways and damage.)

Lassie
June 20th, 2010, 12:06 AM
i like her hair because its HER hair....
because she does the best she can with what she has - thats why i like it..
Unlike the hair of say Kim Kardashian to name of 1 of a multitude of celebraties who's hair looks 'to die for' but is fake extensions....

ps - im not against extensions, i myself have had them....but it annoys me when people go *thud* over celebrities mane's....when its all fake.

Lassie
June 20th, 2010, 12:07 AM
i like her hair because its HER hair....
because she does the best she can with what she has - thats why i like it..
Unlike the hair of say Kim Kardashian to name of 1 of a multitude of celebraties who's hair looks 'to die for' but is fake extensions....

ps - im not against extensions, i myself have had them....but it annoys me when people go *thud* over celebrities mane's....when its all fake.

Gothic Lolita
June 20th, 2010, 01:37 AM
I could never relate to her... somehow I never understood why some many people love her so much. And I don't like her hair cut very much, but that hasn't anything to do with it. I like Angelina Jolie's hair (not the blonde versions, though) and I'm sure many people don't like her.

Melisande
June 20th, 2010, 01:37 AM

YES. Celebrity bashing is no better than gossiping about our neigbours.

If you can't say something nice, stick to the weather ;-)

Lassie
June 20th, 2010, 01:47 AM
my general opinion for what its worth.....

Celebrities make the choice to put themselves out there into the public eye....that choice comes with consequences - one being that people will and do discuss everything about them. They chose to be in the public spotlight, they chose to put themselves in a position where they will be talked about.
For example, if Miley Cyrus is going to stand up on stage and dance around like a $2 stripper, then I will not hesitate to say to someone that in my opinion, she looks like a cheap stripper..... if she does not want people to discuss an opinion on her...then she should stick to dancing in her bedroom, not on stage which is televised accross the globe.

ravenreed
June 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I hate to say it, but of all the people that I compliment about their hair, I think only one was for her natural color. Most of the time the person admits to having some help in achieving the very color that I am complimenting. It is not intentional on my part by any means.

My hair has been incredibly different throughout the years, and it probably hadn't been "natural" since I was 15. I have highlights, lowlights, I curl it with heat..... If that means my hair is less stunning than someone with virgin hair, so be it. I think it is pretty fantastic :)
Love my processed, un-natural hair !!

Toadstool
June 20th, 2010, 03:57 AM

Yes. Usually people criticise others to make themselves feel superior. I imagine people are jealous of her beauty and/or success. Even if not, criticising someone for their physical appearance is a mean thing to do.

Svenja
June 20th, 2010, 04:29 AM
Sharing opinions is not criticizing. At the end of the day I have not read any post where the person said about Jennifer, that she's an ugly bird with hideous hair and whatnot. I think it is possible to share opinions without pure criticism. See, if we started a thread about the latest edition of a specific car then again some people would love the car and talk about its advantages, others however will say they do not like it. It's opinion, not harsh criticism. Our collective goal here is harmony and peace, which is great of course, but tiptoeing cannot be the way either. My two cents. Sorry for hijacking the thread. Back to topic now :)

Ninika
June 20th, 2010, 07:38 AM

Yes, very much.

Replace "Jennifer Aniston" in the original post with a random user name of someone here on the boards. See? Not nice at all.

noelgirl
June 20th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I like her hair, it suits her very well. It might not be what many of us are aspiring to here but it's lovely in its own right, and it's part of her overall signature style. Then again, I just think she's adorable, so it figures that I'm a bit partial towards everything about her.

mizk5110
June 20th, 2010, 01:49 PM
JA has admitted in interviews that she only takes three minutes in the shower (including brushing her teeth!) to save water - how many of us could take a 3-minute shower and come out with hair that good?? That in itself makes her hair that much more impressive to me :)

Sarahmoon
June 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
It looks ok to me. Definitely not bad, but not a big WOW either. :shrug: Actually it looks very mainstream to me. Typical straight, medium blonde, longish-but-not-very-long hair.

florenonite
June 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM
my general opinion for what its worth.....

Celebrities make the choice to put themselves out there into the public eye....that choice comes with consequences - one being that people will and do discuss everything about them. They chose to be in the public spotlight, they chose to put themselves in a position where they will be talked about.
For example, if Miley Cyrus is going to stand up on stage and dance around like a $2 stripper, then I will not hesitate to say to someone that in my opinion, she looks like a cheap stripper..... if she does not want people to discuss an opinion on her...then she should stick to dancing in her bedroom, not on stage which is televised accross the globe.

I disagree. For many celebrities being placed in the spotlight is an unfortunate consequence of pursuing a job they love. Not all of them, of course, and some really do endeavour to draw attention to themselves, but I think it's unfair to take the attitude that they 'deserve' it because they've chosen to live a public life.

There's also the famous people, like the British royal family, who don't make any choice at all and are placed in the limelight by tabloids. I know this doesn't apply to Jennifer Aniston, but it is something to think about when you say that people choose to be famous.

Lassie
June 20th, 2010, 02:44 PM
I disagree. For many celebrities being placed in the spotlight is an unfortunate consequence of pursuing a job they love. Not all of them, of course, and some really do endeavour to draw attention to themselves, but I think it's unfair to take the attitude that they 'deserve' it because they've chosen to live a public life.

There's also the famous people, like the British royal family, who don't make any choice at all and are placed in the limelight by tabloids. I know this doesn't apply to Jennifer Aniston, but it is something to think about when you say that people choose to be famous.

Deserve indeed was a poor choice of word.
It comes with it is what i am saying......its part and parcel of the 'celebrity, famous, well known personality'

florenonite
June 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM
It comes with it is what i am saying......its part and parcel of the 'celebrity, famous, well known personality'

That's why I put it in quotation marks; I know it's not the best choice but I couldn't think of any others and it seemed to be what you were implying in your original post.

I don't really think it's fair to say that it just comes with being a celebrity. It does, and it's a sad truth, but that doesn't mean we should participate in it, KWIM? I'm not perfect, I make snap judgements and petty remarks, and I think everyone does and always will. Obviously as celebrities there are more people who 'know' them who can voice opinions about them (I can start talking about someone I know at uni, but no one here can contribute because all they know if this person is what I've told them), but I still don't think it's fair to say that they've chosen it.

McFearless
June 20th, 2010, 04:42 PM
I actually consider her overall unattractive - I am puzzled at the appeal. On Friend's, I actually lusted after Phoebe's and Monica's hair more, because Phoebe had all those beautiful clips and Monica had gorgeous thick and dark and shiny hair. And it looked that way straightened or not!

To clarify, I am just not a big fan of manipulating your hair "slightly". She had brown hair so she went for golden highlights. To me, the beauty in hair dye is doing something different, if you're brown go black, red or blond but going slightly more golden brown is just UGH. Again, personal opinion and nobody has to listen to it. Her straightened hair is OK but it doesn't suit her too well - its not the texture itself, its that she looks so plain with it on. She basically defined a generation of mediocre hairstyles - don't go too extreme in hair color change, straighten that "out there" curls and BAM! you're normal and "attractive". So its not the straightness, its not the color, its that the fact that she CHANGED her hair intensely to achieve something so NORMAL that bothers me. (And for the record, straight, thin and golden brown hair that is natural looks better, period. More variation in tone, less flyaways and damage.)

I agree, Monica had hair to die for!

McFearless
June 20th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Yes. Usually people criticise others to make themselves feel superior. I imagine people are jealous of her beauty and/or success. Even if not, criticising someone for their physical appearance is a mean thing to do.

I dont appreciate your comment. No, I am not puting her down for the purpose of making myself feel better. Im perfectly fine with who I am. Why must people think jealous is the cause of every negative statement? It is simply my opinion of her hair. Im not a fan of overprocessed hair thats all.

Hair, makeup, its all subjective. If I dont find her hair attractive it does not make it the law.. just a thought.

curls2grow
June 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Her hair has always looked "shredded" to me. I dont' know if it's the layers, or how the light hits her hair.

Buddaphlyy
June 21st, 2010, 02:58 PM
JA has admitted in interviews that she only takes three minutes in the shower (including brushing her teeth!) to save water - how many of us could take a 3-minute shower and come out with hair that good?? That in itself makes her hair that much more impressive to me :)

FYI, she doesn't do her own hair (in the shower or otherwise) so it's easy for her to take a 3 minute shower including brushing her teeth.:cool:

Alun
June 21st, 2010, 08:26 PM
To paraphrase Katurday, on Friend's, I actually lusted after Phoebe more, LOL!

Of course I preferred Lisa Kudrow's character to Jennifer Aniston's, as much because the latter played a more conventional person as just because of the relative lengths of their hair. I am more attracted to the long-haired hippie, albeit ditzy hippie-dippie nutcase, or perhaps even because she is a little crazy and 'out there', than to the other character who I am supposed to find glamourous, which I can see intellectually, but who I just don't find as attractive.

Reality check! These are actresses. Lisa and Jennifer are not really Phoebe and Rachel. The latter don't exist. Whilst I recognise aspects of Phoebe in Lisa, and find the real actress likeable, she is not that person! I even got upset when Lisa cut her hair, but I do know that she isn't Phoebe. Likewise, Jennifer is not Rachel. It's TV, get a life, people!

Tamara78
June 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not a huge fan of it either, I like more curl and volume but it's not bad or anything

Yozhik
June 21st, 2010, 08:40 PM
I never watched Friends, nor do I enjoy most rom-coms, so in all honesty, I've never really paid that much attention to her hair (or her general appearance) one way or another :shrug:

Oskimosa
June 21st, 2010, 09:03 PM

Perhaps; and yet that type of verbiage and line of thought seems to lead to a sense of entitlement, or justification, for the behavior of over-criticizing celebrities (specifically as seen in the media). And the behavior is agreeably unwarranted, for the most part.

xovictoryxo
June 21st, 2010, 09:10 PM
I Love her hair, it looks like caramel in this picture. I wish I had this hair color and texture
http://nothingfancy1.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jennifer-aniston.jpg

Sunsailing
June 21st, 2010, 09:52 PM
I've never understood the comments about her hair in all the various magazines. Her hair is always referred to as being "thick", including in those hair magazines. It sure doesn't look "thick" to me. It looks thin and stringy. It appears to be the type of hair that would only look decent after a professional spends some time on it.

McFearless
June 21st, 2010, 10:00 PM
I find all of you to have much more gorgeous lust worthy, jealousy inducing hair. And without all that manipulation.:cool::D

Dreams_in_Pink
June 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
Her hair's ok. I do think it's kinda overrated though :rolleyes:

shrimp
June 22nd, 2010, 01:53 AM

Yup!

(extra characters)

Gypsygirl
June 22nd, 2010, 02:22 AM

Absolutely.

Pandora.
June 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
http://nothingfancy1.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/jennifer-aniston.jpg

I am not totally fixated with her, but I do think she looks so pretty here. No, her hair is not thick, but neither is it "thin and stringy". Who cares if her hair is a bit processed? It still looks nice on her. Generally, hair doesn't HAVE to be supremely thick to look good. >__>

sapphire-o
June 22nd, 2010, 02:51 AM
I generally think that hairstyle is fine. I just can't imagine it on me. "Shudder". All those layers, tickling my cheeks, neck, shoulders... Yikes! I have lots of sensory issues and seeing people with hair all over their face just bother me. So I try to not imaging being other people. Tight jeans, heels, stiff hair covering their faces, the imagined discomfort would drive me nuts. :D

Toadstool
June 22nd, 2010, 03:49 AM
I want to apologise because my earlier post does sound superior and judgemental.

Iron0Maiden
July 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
I think its better than having fake hair extensions all the time because your real hair isnt 'good enough' like a lot of celebs have it.

Copasetic
July 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I don't like her hair at all, and I cannot figure out what the obsession is. It looks odd to me; it doesn't lay right . . . . or something.

Darkhorse1
July 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Not sure if I already posted this, but Jennifer Aniston's hair is styled that way to flatter her face. Ever noticed how many movie stars have their hair hanging in their faces? It's their stylists who figure out the best style to flatter their faces in film/on tv. From what I can remember, she has very thick, curly hair. It's probably been layered and constantly flat ironed to look like that.

I do think it suits her, but I don't think I'd like my hair hanging in my face all the time--drives me bonkers on days where it's as hot as it is right now :D

MissManda
July 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
I've never understood the comments about her hair in all the various magazines. Her hair is always referred to as being "thick", including in those hair magazines. It sure doesn't look "thick" to me. It looks thin and stringy. It appears to be the type of hair that would only look decent after a professional spends some time on it.

I would like to point out that super-straight hair, no matter its thickness or texture, seems to be labeled as "thin." This is why I don't think judging hair's thickness by its general appearance is not always accurate. Just because hair is super-fluffy does not automatically make it "thick" and hair that is not super-voluminous is automatically "thin."

For example, I have a thick ponytail circumference, but on the days where it wants to be flat, I've had people tell me that I have "thin" hair which is not true. I know others with sleek and straight hair have encountered this as well. I know the people who say these things aren't (generally) trying to be mean and that they are just making an observation, but it can hurt sometimes. This is why I try not to judge someone's hair thickness solely based on its lack of curl and the way it hangs.

I find that hair thickness is more easily determined by ponytail circumference and/or how dense/sparse the individual hairs are when you put your hands into the hair.

That being said, I don't even try to hairtype celebrities because of all of the processing, cutting, hair extensions, and styling. I don't trust whet I see in movies/television because I know it doesn't depict reality.

Finally, I would like to note that I'm not offended by this comment or anything. I'm just trying to point something out that hasn't been mentioned.

Mariebeth
July 6th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Seeing her thin hair looking so good on tv is what inspired me to let my hair grow out. I have, naturally, that light brown/ goldish color, and my hair is always stick straight. In fact, it very nearly looks just like hers in a lot of the pictures I just looked at online. It's nice to hear that at least some people like how her hair looks. I don't think it's boring. :)

triumphator!
July 6th, 2010, 05:48 PM
It looks very processed and heat styled to me. Definitely not natural.