PDA

View Full Version : Lifeless hair

Eirinn
May 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Have you expirienced anything like that? It's sooo flat, without it's usual bounce and seems a bit dry, really don't know why:confused: Shedding and breakage went away after protein treatment I guess but it's still so lifeless, I'm starting to be really upset:( Do you have any suggestions what can it be? TIA:flower:

florenonite
May 12th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Do you use cones? If so, they may be weighing it down, in which case you should clarify, either with baking soda or (as the BS can be harsh) a sulphate shampoo, especially a clarifying shampoo.

chrissy-b
May 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM
What's your routine? It's hard to say without knowing what you're doing.

My hair gets very flat and lifeless after I clarify, but seems to have a lot of body 2-3 days after washing. Protein and cassia treatments always give my hair bounce as do CO washes. Coconut oil makes my hair stringy and lifeless when I apply it (but makes my hair soooo soft after I CO it out), but jojoba oil makes it seem thicker.

Nini
May 13th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Do you have any stress you're dealing with, or have you been sick? That could affect your hair.

I clarified myself a few days ago because my hair's been looking a bit lank. And I got A LOT of residue left on my comb when I was done untangling.

After the baking soda and shampo-mix my hair has been like baby fluff, and I didn't have to wash it this morning. I can actually stretch it till tomorrow:)

Nini

Eirinn
May 13th, 2008, 05:07 AM
It's not cones - I've been using cones for ages (they just save my hair) and nothing like that happened before. Also, is was like that even after using carifying shampoo so I don't think it's cones.

As for my rutine: I wash my hair every three days - CWC and CO for time to time, do some deep moisture and protein treatments every week or two, use cones, as I mentioned, without them my hair splits and is rather defenseless (but also some claryfing shampoo is needed sometimes because of buildup). I've tried to go coneless recently and my hair suffered much from it... I comb it with widetooth comb and brush it with BBB - all only when it's dry. I also use some light cone leave-in. Oils don't work. I put it up or braid 95% time.

Eirinn
May 13th, 2008, 05:37 AM
:( Guess what? I've wash it in the morning and it just dried annnd.... it has a lot of body now but it's sOO dry!:( What's going on?! I can feel madness in the air :sigh:

Nini: Whole April was one big stress for me but wasn't it too long ago to affect my hair now?

Nini
May 13th, 2008, 06:00 AM
Nini: Whole April was one big stress for me but wasn't it too long ago to affect my hair now?

I wouldn't think so. If May has been calmer, that means you are more relaxed now, and your body has a chance to recover from the stress or strain it was under. That could mean less bouncy hair, as the body wouldn't see that as a priority as opposed to say sleeping properly.

And either way, your new growth from last month could've been affected growing throughout the mont.

Just a thought!

Nini

girlcat36
May 13th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I have fine, fluffy, weightless hair all my life. I have yet to find a remedy for it.:(

tiny_teesha
May 13th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I'm going through the same thing after i washed with cedel shampoo and did a big moiture mask and had shedding.
It may be light from...shedding,... or it may be overly moisturised. Next time i wash my hair im going to use a protein conditioner and see if that helps! I also am washing with herbs again and it is a little better already.

Eirinn
May 13th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I'm going through the same thing after i washed with cedel shampoo and did a big moiture mask and had shedding.
It may be light from...shedding,... or it may be overly moisturised. Next time i wash my hair im going to use a protein conditioner and see if that helps! I also am washing with herbs again and it is a little better already.

Protein is a really good idea I think, my shedding and breakage stopped at once and no other thing could do it before:shrug: What herbs do you use?

Eirinn
May 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't think so. If May has been calmer, that means you are more relaxed now, and your body has a chance to recover from the stress or strain it was under. That could mean less bouncy hair, as the body wouldn't see that as a priority as opposed to say sleeping properly.

And either way, your new growth from last month could've been affected growing throughout the mont.

Just a thought!

Nini

Hmm that would make sense - strange things are happening to all my organism recently, including mental issues... Thanks for the clue!:flower: How seriously could it affect that new growth?