PDA

View Full Version : Best hair compliment yet :)

AnnaMarie
June 18th, 2010, 01:41 AM
I had a wonderful day today babysitting my husbands bosses 3 year old and 6 year old. We had a fun day of playing soccer and adventuring around the farm. At one point I took out my hair fork to re-set my bun and the 3 year old noticed it in my hand and asked "Whats that?" So I popped my hair into a quick bun and secured it with my hair fork and turned around to show him. He got the biggest grin and his face and said " So beautiful!" It made my day :crush:

ibleedlipstick
June 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I wore my hair down for a little hike/walk today. It was the second date with this guy, and we were chatting and walking on this amazing nature path. We reached this downhill slope, and I turned to him and asked to race. He laughed, because he is about a foot and a half taller than me and super athletic (I'm five seven and a half. He has to be about seven feet tall. Not kidding) and I am fit, but not a runner. Anyway, I took off sprinting ahead of him, and I heard him shout after me that my hair is really beautiful loose like that.

I try not to let what men think of my hair be much of a motivator, but it made me happy that he noticed that I put the effort in to wear my hair loose and glossy for our date. Weird, I know.

Kitteh
June 18th, 2010, 05:31 AM

Siava
June 18th, 2010, 05:47 AM
I had a wonderful day today babysitting my husbands bosses 3 year old and 6 year old. We had a fun day of playing soccer and adventuring around the farm. At one point I took out my hair fork to re-set my bun and the 3 year old noticed it in my hand and asked "Whats that?" So I popped my hair into a quick bun and secured it with my hair fork and turned around to show him. He got the biggest grin and his face and said " So beautiful!" It made my day :crush:

Aww! That's so sweet to hear from a little kid.

Nae
June 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Kids are always so sweet!! They seem drawn to beautiful things and it is wonderful that your hair caught his eye!

rossjen
June 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
That is completely sweet. That would have made my day too.

Loreley
June 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
That's so cute! :)
A 4-year-old girl told me that she liked my hair and she wanted to have princess hair, too. :D

ninelives
June 18th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Kids are so honest so a compliment from them means a lot!

sibiryachka
June 18th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Years ago, I was riding a bus and felt something tugging my hair. I turned around to find a maybe 18-month-old boy grabbing it, and his mommy pulling his hands away. She was very apologetic, but she did excuse him with "I don't think he's ever been this close to hair your color" - it was beach-blonde at the time. I found it very flattering :)

Kome
June 18th, 2010, 10:30 AM
My friend's boyfriend yelled "I want to drown in that hair of yours!"

Drunk. In front of 20 people. They all stood silent for a second and then started laughing their heads off! She still teases him about it because he is a man of few words and is still embarrassed by it :D I think that is the reason I liked it so much - if it inspired him to give a compliment, it must be something! :inlove:

Hahahaha, and the truth comes out! He wants to marry your hair! :eyebrows:

slythwolf
June 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Yesterday I posted as my Facebook status that I am officially growing my hair back out to TBL (well, I said ass-length, lol) and another long-haired friend asked me what prompted it; I told her it's been going on for a while and I just now decided to admit it, basically.

Her response? "Welcome back to sanity!"

Stephichan
June 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
I used to get compliments on my braids all the time (when my hair was actually long enough to braid). Girls in my hall were so amazed that I could do it myself. Then yesterday I was complaining to the bf about how I wanted my hair to hurry up and grow because I wanted to braid again and he told me that he thought my braids were always really cool ^_^

Chamomile betty
June 18th, 2010, 02:37 PM
How sweet :)

greenperry
June 22nd, 2010, 03:00 AM
Two summers ago, I was working in a service home for old people. I have curly hair, and there was this lady who always told me how beautiful it was. :)

countryhopper
June 22nd, 2010, 07:45 AM
ibleedlipstick, I think you had a bit of an unfair advantage distracting the guy with your beautiful hair! :D Great job for taking advatage of that!

curlytm
June 22nd, 2010, 10:11 AM
In high school, I had waist length curly dark blonde hair (hip length when wet). I chopped it right before college. When I told my current partner that I'm aiming to get back to the length I had in high school, he asked to see a picture. When I showed him, he said he couldn't stop thinking about how I'll look. He said his favorite "mental image" is me swimming in just a bikini bottom and my hair to cover me. He likes my hair now, of course, but it makes dealing with the in-between more worth it! :)

Ashera
June 22nd, 2010, 02:26 PM
My best hair compliment is also one of the highlights (no pun intended) of my Baby Boomer life.

About four years ago, I was doing some shopping in my regular stomping grounds; my hair down, waist length, wavy and bleached a honey gold. I walked by a Starbucks with lots of folk out enjoying the SoCal sunshine when I spotted a familiar face sitting with someone else I didn't know.

As I walked by I heard 'Great Hair' and turned to say thank you. The comment came from Ringo Starr, who was in town to play a concert (with Paul McCartney - no he wasn't there) in honor of George Harrison.

We actually got into a bit of conversation, all hair related (he had a buzz at the time and lots of grey, but looked great) and then I continued on.

While this remains one of my fav memories, when I related it to my (then) 16 year old neice, she said 'Who's Ringo Starr?'

Sigh.

Gulbahar
June 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
As I walked by I heard 'Great Hair' and turned to say thank you. The comment came from Ringo Starr, who was in town to play a concert (with Paul McCartney - no he wasn't there) in honor of George Harrison.

Ooooh! :crush:

GRU
June 22nd, 2010, 06:13 PM
While this remains one of my fav memories, when I related it to my (then) 16 year old neice, she said 'Who's Ringo Starr?'

Sigh.

Man, isn't it amazing how OLD kids these days make you feel?

I still remember when my son asked me how old I was when they "invented color". :confused:

After some questioning, it turns out that he thought the old black-and-white tv shows were that color not because of the limits of technology, but because we simply hadn't invented color yet. I told him it was right after my pet dinosaur died. :rolleyes:

(He could accept that God was unable to make color, but heaven forbid that his greatest love -- television -- could have limits in what it could do when it was first invented.)

To the OP: That is SOOOOOOO sweet!!! I just love kids, they are so refreshing!

tanya222
June 22nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Awwww that was so sweet OP! That would have totally made my day too! My whole week!!!!