PDA

View Full Version : Flax supplements?

christine1989
June 18th, 2010, 01:28 AM
I have heard that taking flax pills can be good for both hair health and growth rate so I was wondering if anyone on here has taken them with good results?
If so, where would I find them?

Milui Elenath
June 18th, 2010, 01:44 AM
Also called linseed, you should be able to find them at any healthfood shop.

From memory, they are high in omega 3 oils which is a very good thing for health and I remember that they are good for hair growth but I personally haven't tried them.

xladolcevitax
June 18th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Ive been taking flaxseed oil capsules every day for the last year or so. Ive been getting good hair growth but I think thats probably because of the biotin and MSM I also take (I started taking them at the same time).

Its supposed to be good for your skin too, and it seems to help with my digestive health. Im vegetarian so didnt want to take omega fish oil. Flaxseed/linseed oil is a great alternative to vegetarians and vegans.

Chibbylick
June 18th, 2010, 06:30 AM
I take flaxseed oil capsules. I take them for dietary/digestive health, and think they have helped my nail and hair growth significantly.

klcqtee
June 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM
I mix flaxseed into my oatmeal most mornings, and it's helped my hair growth very marginally, but my skin and stomach are happier.

Stephichan
June 18th, 2010, 01:54 PM
I've been taking flaxseed oil pills for a little while, but I don't think it helps much with growth rate. I think it more influences the quality of the hair you're growing (softer, smoother, etc). Or at least, that's what I heard about these oil supplements.

McFearless
June 18th, 2010, 07:05 PM
They didnt work for me but I take them for the cardiovascular benefits.

Ash
June 18th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I have been taking them for many years. I haven't noticed any effect on my hair or skin though.

May
June 18th, 2010, 11:14 PM
I've been eating flax every morning in my cereal and in my bread and I haven't noticed any effect on growth but I think that eating a diet rich in omega 3 fatty acids is very beneficial for your body, including your hair.

You can find flax supplements at the pharmacy. I'd recommend eating ground flax though because it tastes so yummy :heartbeat

ninelives
June 18th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Flax oil also is also full of Omega-6 fatty acids, which are pro-inflammatory. We need those too, but most of us have too many in proportion to the Omega-3's.

Also, FWIW, flax is estrogenic.

I'm not anti-flax. I just have to be careful with it, myself.