PDA

View Full Version : Cut:-(

VikingJarl
June 18th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I just cut three inches off!!! :mad:

Have had fairytale ends for a long time now and I loved having the length, but they were getting very thin. So... tortured decision:( Should I or shouldn't I? Finally took the plunge & did it, I'm sure it will be best in the long run, but I miss the length already:(:(:(

Am taking 2000microgrammes of Biotin a day now and back on my care routine, so hopefully that will main some good gains again... Please!!!:cheese:

MissMB
June 18th, 2010, 01:04 AM
I totally know what you mean! But believe me, I really think it was the best decision. Your hair will thank you when it grows back and looks so much nicer! :D Fairy tale ends are really cool but in the long run I always appreciate thicker nicer ends more.

UltraBella
June 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM
Your hair is still long and that length will be back before you know it :)

Loreley
June 18th, 2010, 02:23 AM
I cut half an inch every month to gain some thickness. I didn't want to chop 4" at one time so I decided to do small trims often. But last month I cut more than an inch, I couldn't resist. And it looks much thicker! So this 3" must have made a lot of difference in the appearance of your hair. It will grow back in no time! :smile:

Angeletti
June 18th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I give you props for going though with it! I was contemplating the same thing a few months ago but couldn't bring myself to do it : )

spidermom
June 18th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Here's a super-fast, OMG I can't believe it growth spurt for you :magic:

jlw9222
June 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I know how you feel. At least it was your choice and not some scissor happy hair stylist. :) I'm sure your ends feel amazing, and now you've got something to obsess about like the rest of us. ;)

Long_hair_guy
June 18th, 2010, 09:11 AM
I'm getting my haircut (an inch or two on Wednesday) and I'm nervous about it. I just knopw my nails will look worse then my hair.

Your hair will thank you in the end.

SpinDance
June 18th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I did a tiny dusting a month ago and then I just did a self trim 2 nights ago to thicken my ends. I didn't take much off, just evened things up and gave it a very, very slight U-shape. I hated to loose the length, too, but I really didn't like the way the fairy tailed ends looked or felt. I've been consoling myself with the reminder that this is the thickest my hem has ever been at this length. Now I just hope I can keep it thicker and also get more length. On the other hand, if it stays this length and the hemline just stays thicker than before I've decided I'll be satisfied with that.

ArcticNights
June 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I should do the same, to get rid of my bleach damaged ends! But then my hair would be too short for every updo again :rolleyes:

So, I will live with my less-than-lovely ends for some more time, and then I will do the same as you did. Cut, and get rid of them!

You probably did the right thing. Otherwise you would not have done it, hey...? :p

SurprisingWoman
June 18th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I am really excited for you. I love having the thicker ends after a cut.

Enjoy, the length will come back and look even more fabulous.

FrannyG
June 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
I know it's hard to lose a few inches, but I also know how it is to have thin ends from lack of trimming. So I say hurray to you for getting having the guts to do what you needed to have a nice neat, blunt hemline! :hollie:

Your length with be back, looking better than ever, before you know it!

little_acorn
June 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Congrats on being brave enough to cut 3 inches in one go :D, your ends will feel so much better and in a few months you'll have the same length as before with a much thicker hemline :)

LaurelSpring
June 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM
I did the same thing almost a year ago. It is thickening up but I still regret it. I would be TB with those ends now. I still miss them.

urara12
June 18th, 2010, 11:42 PM
VikingJarl:)

I really think it was the best decision too !! I just had trim too
even my lengh is not long like you.

I am soooo happy with result of the thickness my hem line. because my end was really thin and looks like old broom. at first I thought my hair is thinning . so I depressed for lomg time about it because my hair look thinner and thinner by everymonth.
NO!! it was because I didn't trim my end at all.
( I had lot of layer ) all my friend and family told me that
my hair looks much more volume and bounce now.

VikingJarl
June 19th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Thank you everyone for being so supportive!!:cheese:

It was a really hard thing for me to do as I have been so happy at achieving the length, was really great knowing it had just reached the top of my hips. Now I have to do it all again:(

Anyway, this time it will look thicker and better. My ends were scarcely visible anyway and the last inch was in reality just a few strands. Hard as it was, I think it was best.

If anyone else is contemplating doing it, I can sure appreciate the heartache:uhh: