PDA

View Full Version : ya know how I asked for wedding hair tips? Here is what I did and more :)

Garnett
May 12th, 2008, 02:22 PM
I'm back from my France vacation. It was amazing, to put it lightly. I am sick right now, but I managed to edit a few photos from my trip.

Here is my hair right before we left for the airport. I loved how wavy it dried, so I forced DH to take a picture on our new memory card hehe. I am still doing CO with vegetable glycerin as a leave in. I love it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/SN850289edit.jpg

Next is my daily style lately. Its finally long enough for more than a plain bun! I can do about 3/4ths of a Figure-8. I didn't get any better pictures than this, sorry. I was pretending to drink from the puddle because I was SO thirsty. I saw only one drinking fountain in 12 days there!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/SN850419edit.jpg

This is from the same day (I think; I ran out of clean clothes really fast) I liked my hair a lot on this trip. I'm really happy that it's healthy and getting longer. I think I'm going to reach BSL within 6-8 months!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/100B9091edit.jpg

Air drying after a shower in a teeny hotel bathroom :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/SN850500edit.jpg

Aaand what you've all been waiting for, my hairstyle for my friend's wedding. I had only bobby pins and no mirror. I kept having DH take progress pictures as I did my hair :p Poor guy hehe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/SN850517edit.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/hair/100_9245edit.jpg

And of course, me and the Eiffel Tower in the background hehe.. would a trip to France be complete without one? :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/MikesGypsyRose/SN851090edit.jpg

Thanks everyone for your suggestions about my hair!!

girlcat36
May 12th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Love the hairstyle! Very pretty!

spidermom
May 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm............I'm............. I'm ................ speechless! You look so beautiful!

DrkAngel
May 12th, 2008, 02:39 PM
looks very healthy! I really like the updo you did for your friend's wedding. Very elegant.

Lize
May 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Lovely hair! It's getting long!! And it seems that you had a great time. :)

Garnett
May 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone! I really had a great time and was totally shocked that the updo stayed in place all day long.

Thanks Spidermom :) That's nice to hear.. I'm sickies right now and don't feel cute at all hehe

girlcat36 thanks!! I'm so envious of your curls :D

DrkAngel thank you :) I can't believe it looks okay in pictures; it was one of those things that magically works out well. Right now, it's healthier than it's ever been!

aw Lize :D Thanks a lot! It's about 3" above my bra strap now. Yours is growing like crazy too, isn't it!

OhioLisa
May 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Your hair is looking awesome, Garnett. It's getting so long! And you are just beautiful. :flower:

Garnett
May 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Thank you Lisa!! :D

mugglemomof3
May 12th, 2008, 03:18 PM
OMG you did a great job! Thanks for sharing the photos with us - I'm so jealous of your trip. *sigh*

So . . . how DID you get it to dry in those perfect waves in the first photo????????????????? They totally rock!

Loviatar
May 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Garnett your waves are fantastic! Glycerin as leave in hmmmmm? Sounds interesting. You look lovely in the pics and you are having great growth :)

Islandgrrl
May 12th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Garnett....you and your hair are simply beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us!!!

Garnett
May 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Muggles :) Immediately after getting out of the shower, I put in about nickel sized blob of v.glycerin and let it air dry.. I find that I get better waves if I plop for about 20 minutes right out of the shower, so I *think* I may have plopped for a bit that day before letting the rest air dry.

Lovi, I love using the vegetable glycerine! My hair is softer and more moisturized than anything before. Now I've just gotta find a good vegan conditioner and I'm set :D And thank you.

Islandgrrl, thanks!! :D

tuuli
May 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Garnett, your hair is lovely and so are you! :)
I love your pinned updo and this cute bun.
A trip to france is worth the sickies... :D

cutastrophe
May 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Awesome pics! :D It's my dream to get married in France (or to at least GO to France...) I'm so jealous.

psvzum
May 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I love seeing all the different looks on you! They're all so pretty: )

coppercurls
May 12th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Wow, you & your hair air are both beautiful. That updo is so cool. Sounds like you had a great time.

mommy101405
May 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM
love the updo. I have a wedding coming up. Wonder if I could try that on my hair even though its not as long.

maskedrose
May 12th, 2008, 08:47 PM
They are all so cute! I the wedding updo looks awesome, and I love your Eiffel Tower pic! Now I really, really want to go back :)

Teacherbear
May 12th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Looks like you had a lot of fun! Your hair looks really good. I liked your style for the wedding!

Cinnamon Hair
May 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Garnett, you take the craziest pics! First a shot of you licking a puddle then a shot of you on the toilet...I love it. I'm also lovin' your shade of blonde and superb growth!

forgetmenotak
May 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Your hair does look very lovely! On your bun for your friends wedding, how did you do it? Is it posted in the original thread asking for things to try? I'm quite envious! Good work. :):D

Garnett
May 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM
BWAHAHAA Cinnamon Hair, how could you tell I was on the toilet?? LMAO. I thought I cropped that one better than that haha..

Wow, so many comments! I didn't expect that many. Thanks everyone for your kind words :D They make me feel all warm and fuzzy. (Or is that just from being sick? :lol: ) *hugs LHC*

And tuuli, you're SO right. A trip to France is definitely worth being sick afterwards!!

If anyone wants to see some pictures, I'll add an album :)

Garnett
May 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
forgetmenotak, I started with a tiny bun with a small amount of hair from the middle of my head. I then worked from the center, towards the outside, just wrapping and pinning small sections of hair, until it was all up. Most were just wrapped, some twisted lightly for texture. I hope that makes sense.. It was really really easy to do. If there is more interest I can try to explain better, or make a tutorial for youtube. :)

forgetmenotak
May 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Oh, pretty please, I didn't quite understand your instructions! I would really appreciate it!

HaiirPEACE
May 13th, 2008, 07:33 PM
oh my gosh you are soo pretty!!

RedButterfly
May 13th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'm glad you had a good time. That is a very pretty hair style.

jessie58
May 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Garnett, your hair is looking awesome these days. I can't believe how much it's grown and the waves in the first pic are so pretty. France agrees with your hair. Your wedding style is also very pretty, you did a nice job on it!

SilverLocks
May 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Ha, I had to go back to look for the toilet one! You are very photogenic Garnet and funny too. :D Looks like you had a great time. Ah yes, a trip to Paris is not complete without a pic with Le Tour Eiffel!

Hope you feel better. Thanks for the smiles. :blossom:

levelek
May 14th, 2008, 03:46 AM
Great photos, and lovely easy hairstyle! I was thinking the same as Cinnamon Hair. I'm afraid the toilet was the second thing I noticed in that picture! ;)

Rini
May 14th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Garnett....that is so lovely! :inlove: Thank you for sharing those pics. I'm such a big fan of yours :blushing:

Katze
May 14th, 2008, 05:34 AM
wow, your hair looks WONDERFUL these days! So healthy, and such nice wave.

great pics, had to laugh at the water fountain comment. i don't know where you are from, but here in Germany there aren't any, either. Not even in schools! I don't get it...

Chamomile betty
May 14th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Wonderful pictures!
I love how your hair looked before you got on the plane. Very pretty waves.

You did such a great job on your wedding updo!

AutumnLeaves
May 14th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Well, honestly, you looked lovely! And I love the pics too! I like people with a sense of humor! LOL And the Eiffel Tower pic is worthy of being blown up and framed!

Garnett
May 14th, 2008, 07:58 AM
thanks everyone :D I did have a blast there. I will attempt a better tutorial when I'm feeling better. Thanks so much for all the compliments.. (my cat is trying to lay on my right hand right now.. makes it a bit hard to type)