PDA

View Full Version : The bleaching has begun

trillcat
June 17th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I so promise this will be the last thread I start about going blonde!
I sit typing with the stuff on my head.
Whooo, that is going a bit lighter than I wanted to go! The test hair did not go this light.
Forgot to factor in the heat from my head, DOH!
Not looking orange, the roots look a bit hot, but that was to be expected and I have back up for that.
Oh gosh, no turning back now!
Wow. this is really blonde!
Of course I will post pics once it is all said and done.

UltraBella
June 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I am so anxious for pics !!!!!!!

anniemae
June 17th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures!!

missjessiecakes
June 17th, 2010, 08:41 PM
oooo I am so excited for you :D

trillcat
June 17th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I am in the condish stage now, I didn't use the teeny packet that came with the color product, I laughed at that and said "Really?" But the product I used, I wont mention them by name till I see the final result, did lift the brown from my very stubborn hair, and the red, big time.

Pegasus Marsters
June 17th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Welcome to my word. :twisted:

trillcat
June 17th, 2010, 09:09 PM
We have an unveiling, I stink of ammonia!
My cat looked at me, sniffed my head, and went to go sit in a box. :rolleyes: Everyone is a critic!
Now for the blow dry, I never can wait for my hair to dry natural after a change, it takes hours, and this has already taken hours.
Jeeze my hair smells really bad,

ademtce
June 17th, 2010, 09:31 PM
what product did you use?
if you need help fixing it - i can help.

julya
June 17th, 2010, 10:02 PM
So, how does it look? Is it dry yet? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

trillcat
June 17th, 2010, 10:07 PM
This looks terrible, it looks brassy and damaged.
It isn't.
It is really a very pretty beige sandy blonde, and no hair loss /damage I am loving it, though I still stink of chemicals.
I will try to take a better pic tomorrow, my cat stole a very important part of my tripod that stabilizes the cam, and at the moment I don't feel like going to look for it. ("What, me, why I never!)
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/Silversouldream/bleach.jpg

UltraBella
June 17th, 2010, 10:13 PM
What did you use ?

trillcat
June 17th, 2010, 10:17 PM
What did you use ?
Colorsilk ultimate light natural blonde.
it really is not that brassy and yucky. Honest.
If I had a big "Whoops" I would be the first one to admit it to you guys, it really is pretty!,

UltraBella
June 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I was actually expecting it to be much lighter !

Loreley
June 18th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Lovely colour! :)

trillcat
June 18th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I was actually expecting it to be much lighter !

It is quite light, well, to me anyway! That pic is fairly useless to see what the color really is, taken in a dark room with a shakey camera with the setting set to daylight (oops!)
I am going to tone the roots, they did come out a bit orange, but I was expecting that. Hair color can only lighten so much without getting the hard core bleach. I have to face facts, I am a 2 process blonde. I had about 2 inches of virgin hair that was a shade or two darker that the rest, and my hair always pulls a lot of red and gold. The only hair color I have used that can lift in one step was Ferria, and that really hurts my hair. I originally got the lightest ash shade, (same brand, Colorsilk) but the test I did on that turned the ends of my hair grey/purple.
More pics to come! I found where the cat hid the missing bit of my tripod, behind the couch where I could not get to it, so heavy lifting was invovled in this hair color adventure! :)

ETA: It is looking a bit drab, not much shine. It is very soft though. I blame the lack of shine to the fact I did not use the silicone ladden condish packet that came with it. Again I have to say "Really?" the thing is the size of a ketchup packet. It was also crazy shiney darker, it also had about 17 different shades of red, gold, bronze, copper, it looked very fakey and metallic.

trillcat
June 18th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Well this is odd. I had to run to the store, I was out of breakfast stuff, Ok read that as I ran out of smokes.
Anyway, I was told by the cashier that my lighter hair makes me look more friendly.
I am not sure how to take that. She did not intend it to be mean, for that I am sure, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
Was my darker hair angry? Full of angst? Did it drag me into dimly lit coffee shops for slam poety festivals?
Do people now think I am dumb?
I am reading too much into this, but that was strange.

Dreams_in_Pink
June 18th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Well this is odd. I had to run to the store, I was out of breakfast stuff, Ok read that as I ran out of smokes.
Anyway, I was told by the cashier that my lighter hair makes me look more friendly.
I am not sure how to take that. She did not intend it to be mean, for that I am sure, she is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
Was my darker hair angry? Full of angst? Did it drag me into dimly lit coffee shops for slam poety festivals?

I know that there's a wide-range belief that brunettes are smart and blondes are, well, "fun" ^^; I've always thought this was untrue and kinda "unfair" to those with dark hair. I think hairstyle should tell more about personality because it's more like something you choose.

I personally don't think blondes are dumb. But i must admit that dark hair looks more "serious" like how black clothes make people look compared to coloured clothes. It's not a wise thing to judge a person's intelligence and friendliness based solely on hair color.

Enjoy your new hair color! :D

MonikaHa
June 18th, 2010, 08:20 AM

This was the reason for me being a light blondie for the last 10 years or so, my natural color although very pretty, makes me look mean and unfriendly. Really.

VitaR86
June 18th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Well IDK what your starting color was, but I know that black hair is often associated with being goth or emo.

:rolleyes: Dumb I know.

trillcat
June 18th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Well IDK what your starting color was, but I know that black hair is often associated with being goth or emo.

:rolleyes: Dumb I know.
No not goth or emo, lol light/ medium brown with a butt load of crazy colors all in the brown red bronze copper gold family
You can see my hair pics in my profile, I think I have it open to all.
Wow, I have gone dumb, lol

little_cherry
June 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Wow!! What a difference, trillcat! Your hair looks like wheat! Lovely! ^_^

Unofficial_Rose
June 18th, 2010, 12:58 PM

You know, I've been blonde and I've been dark and I've experienced similar kinds of reactions to this. I can only come to the conclusion that this really IS how people react to the difference between light and dark hair. Unbelievably superficial, isn't it?

ravenreed
June 18th, 2010, 02:45 PM
This made me chuckle.

trillcat
June 18th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Wow!! What a difference, trillcat! Your hair looks like wheat! Lovely! ^_^

You guys are too nice, that pic does it no justice at all!
It does look like wheat, with just a tad too much orange at the roots.
I am leaving it alone for today, probably tomorrow as well, letting it rest after the chemicals I inflicted upon it.
I am supprised how many have responded that darker hair made them also seem less friendly.
That is just messed up. :(

heartgoesboom
June 18th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I am supprised how many have responded that darker hair made them also seem less friendly.
That is just messed up. :(

I look friendlier with dark hair! ;D But then again, I am Asian... so the blonde hair does make me seem high maintenance.

FrannyG
June 18th, 2010, 06:01 PM
I think that the "looking more friendly" thing comes from having a hair colour that suits you and your personality whether it's black or platinum blonde. Also, when you feel like yourself in a hair colour, you project a much better attitude.

I too am impressed by how nice the colour looks. I know you've said that the photo doesn't do it justice, but it does give us an idea.

I'm happy that you feel good about your colour. :blossom: Just remember to baby it now after all it's been through.

Pandora.
June 19th, 2010, 02:43 AM
I so get what you're saying about looking "friendlier" with lighter hair.
In photos, I find that I looked significantly moodier and grumpier with darker hair, as opposed to what I look like with much lighter hair.

I really like the color on you btw. :D

emmabovary
June 19th, 2010, 02:53 AM
How fun! It looks fine in the pic, but I'd love to see more photos, since you said it doesn't look that way :) I would like to go blonde too, some day.

09robiha
June 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM

I never really got these steryotypes..and being a natural blonde every 'dumb blonde' joke made me want to tear my hair out! I swear some people treated me like I was barbie :confused:
I have had several colours and each time they change, peoples reactions to me seem to change.

trillcat
June 21st, 2010, 03:10 PM
Do any other blondes here just have a miserable time trying to take a pic of their hair???
Either my camera just sucks, or my photography skills are not what I thought them to be.
I have been all day to get a good one to show you guys and gals its true color now after I blonded it, and dear gosh! I thought my brunette hair was dificult to photograph!
And yes, I realize I may have walked into lots of blonde jokes here. Lets stay away from those, thanks in advance. :)
Here is the best of the day of trying, and it still is coming out too brassy looking though it is not in real life except for about the top two inches.
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q19/Silversouldream/Flash.jpg
I did have one that was sort or the actual color, but without the flash , it looked fried to a crisp, which it also is not. Dont ask I already deleted it.
Those ends are pretty much what they look like though, damaged. I need a chop chop.
It really isnt really because of the chemical process, (this time) though that part can't be denied. They were pretty bad to begin with, and now with the hair lighter and against a black shirt to boot, I wear a lot of black, yeaaaaaaaa, need to get that fixed.
ETA: I think I would get away with getting 2 inches cut, If you look close, you can still see some of my hair under the "Egads!" line, it is just kind of blending into the lighting, where I image you all, (and me after seeing that) are all mentally chopping off my hair. OK maybe 3 inches.

Pandora.
June 21st, 2010, 03:23 PM
Do any other blondes here just have a miserable time trying to take a pic of their hair???

Yes!!! My hair is one of the lightest blondes out there, and it can look so much darker and golder than it actually is. In most lighting (in real life), my hair actually looks white, but in a lot of my pics they don't look white blonde at all.

Sylvanas
June 21st, 2010, 04:08 PM

Oh yes! My camera always makes it look more yellow/dark than it really is.

Take this pic for instance; http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4239&pictureid=54423

My hair was actually white there, but it looks yellow. Lighting does make a difference, but often it can be the camera's "fault" too. Pictures taken with my bf's cam show the actual colour of my hair much better.

I thought your colour looked good in your last pic, but maybe you could try taking one outdoors, with no flash on, to get a more accurate result :)

missjessiecakes
June 21st, 2010, 04:21 PM
I find that with a color change women and men react differently. I get hit on more with red or blonde hair though I've been told I look "sexier" with dark hair because of the whole dark eyes dark hair super pasty skin.

Women tend to treat me like I am an idiot when blonde, like am a Bword when red and like I am stuck up brat when darker.

I get very neutral reactions from everyone when I am an ashy dishwater blonde