PDA

View Full Version : Puppy kisses took a toll on my hair

Celtic_Willow
June 17th, 2010, 03:39 PM
So my parents got a new doberman puppy recently (who is a total sweetheart), and I went to visit them today. He was being really affectionate, smooching my face, and then he just chomped on a lock of face framing hairs and ripped them from about half way down the length. These hairs were ending under my chin and are now at my cheekbone and are pretty thin and snarly looking. I didn't get mad though, I mean how could I? But now my only concern is how do I blend them in so that it's not so noticeable? Any tips/advice/similar stories are welcome :puppykisses:

saskia_madding
June 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
No tips, but man I wish I had some! I foster cats and have a bevy of my own. Two of them sleep on my pillows with me, one on either side. My new kitten Jilly has cerebellar hypoplasia, which means she isn't at all steady on her feet. In the mornings she tries to walk around my pillow to wake me up for snuggling, but she often ends up falling over and breaking a ton of my hair as she is scrabbling for purchase with her uncoordinated feet.

Actually, I do have one tip for fellow cat sleeping damaged people - a Pretty Wrap (http://www.prettywrap.com/information.php?info_id=4). This totally worked like a charm for me to protect my hair. I loved it, it was the perfect solution. But I had to stop using it because my scalp is really prone to freak outs and it didn't like being contained at night - my constantly itchy scalp and shedding got worse until I stopped using the Pretty Wrap. I'm so sad! I suspect someone with a less freaky scalp could use it with NO problems (as my friend and fellow foster parent does).

nowxisxforever
June 17th, 2010, 04:26 PM
:\

Maybe have a salon give you some 'choppy' side-bangs to disguise it?

*Aoife*
June 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I feel so mean now because I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.
I can empathise because my mouse tried to do this once. But I managed to stop him in time to save my hair.

ArcticNights
June 18th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I cant help you.

But, I have lovely two lovely (?) scars from mingling with Rhodesian Ridgeback puppies. One between my nostrils and the other one on my ear. Got them before I realized that I had to shut the puppies in a pen before I tried to wash their room. Oh, and they sure tried to jump up and bite at my hair too. But they could`nt get a grab on it, because it is too silky and slippery :D

Celtic_Willow
June 29th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Thank you for sharing with me some similar stories, it definitely made me feel better!
@ simone rodrique, that's cute that your kitties like to sleep right there with you! I almost would rather my 2 cats would just walk on my hair at night rather than what they currently do; they for some reason think they need to lick my eyelashes!

@nowxisxforever, thank you for the tip, I would but once my hair gets a little longer I'd like to get fringe cut pin-up girl style like Betty Page so I'll probably just neglect it and hope it grows quick!

@Arctic Nights, I'm sorry to hear that they did that, puppies just play so rough! But at least your hair is ok!

kwaniesiam
June 29th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Get a face framing angle starting where the shortest pieces are. Angles are just in the front so they're easier to grow out than layers or bangs/fringe.

Dragon
July 1st, 2010, 04:20 AM
Dont have any tips, I really wish I had some. Its so anoying when puppys grab chunks of hair.

Capybara
July 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
One of my (now gone) pet birds tried to eat a chunk of my hair once. It was funny afterwards (picture a bird clamped onto a chunk or hair and me running around screaming, trying to detach the bird without harming him - but he has a vice like grip!), but I sure wasn't laughing then!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Could you maybe bobbypin the shorter pieces back, or under your hair, until they grow out?