PDA

View Full Version : I'm not normally this stupid - but help me please with this style

Lassie
June 17th, 2010, 05:20 AM
steps 3 and 4 have me confused.....
i dont normally have comprehension issues..
but for some reason i just cant get this to work...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=131

jane53
June 17th, 2010, 05:43 AM
cute style but incomprehensible to me.

Don't think I could do it with my length either.

Hope someone cleverer than I gives you help!

Calista
June 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Step 3 means you flip the fork. You insert the fork with the tines upwards (to the sky) in step 2 - you got that, right? Then you turn the fork so the tines point towards the back of your head and then turn it further, so the tines point towards the floor. The usable length of the fork will now be parallel to your scalp, in your scalp hair (this is step 4). While sliding the fork down in your scalp hair hold the loop together with your other hand, so it doesn´t fan out. Then in step 5 you secure the loop with the fork.

Does that help? :ponder:

Lassie
June 17th, 2010, 05:52 AM
Step 3 means you flip the fork. You insert the fork with the tines upwards (to the sky) in step 2 - you got that, right? Then you turn the fork so the tines point towards the back of your head and then turn it further, so the tines point towards the floor. The usable length of the fork will now be parallel to your scalp, in your scalp hair (this is step 4). While sliding the fork down in your scalp hair hold the loop together with your other hand, so it doesn´t fan out. Then in step 5 you secure the loop with the fork.

Does that help? :ponder:

That helps yes :)....but where do i insert the fork? i get that it faces upwards (sky) but is it between scalp and hair elastic, or after the elastic?

Lassie
June 17th, 2010, 05:53 AM
cute style but incomprehensible to me.

Don't think I could do it with my length either.

Hope someone cleverer than I gives you help!

im glad i am not the only one who struggled with understanding

Calista
June 17th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I think you scoop up a bit of the outer half of the loop (the hair that emerges from the elastic not close to your scalp, but the other half that faces the open air, so to speak) and then go over the elastic and behind it, so the elastic is hidden. :hmm:

I found quite a large picture of the finished bun by RamonaFosca (http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/Ramona_Fosca/Hair/?action=view&current=angelbun.jpg), maybe this helps you.

Amelia
June 17th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Funny enough, I was reading this same up do last night. My brain had a "Homer Simpson moment". It went blank and like in the cartoon, a pig came walking by and a mug of beer must have appear.

I too can't understand it.:confused:

misstwist
June 17th, 2010, 09:52 AM
The very first thing to understand is that this bun was specifically designed for shorter hair by this member. See this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16198).

Remember that you often need to just play with a style a few times to get it to work right for you. Try placing the fork in a few different spots. It's a hair science experiment!

Purdy Bear
June 17th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Im not sure myself but I think its this:

Insert the hair fork so you prong the hair underneath the band, with the head of the fork pointing to the floor.

Then turn the fork 180 degrees so the head of the fork is now facing the ceiling.

freecelt
June 17th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Ah! I was having a hard time understanding too but the picture makes sense. I think people are saying two things, one that you insert the fork under the elastic toward the top of the pony tail and two that you insert it at the bottom of the loop of hair. At least that's what I'm getting out of the directions given. I may have to try the general style even though my hair is longer :)