PDA

View Full Version : I want to thank you all.

vanity_acefake
June 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
I just want to thank you all for teaching me in much. Due to the things i have learned on LHC my hair has never looked better, been so long (for me) and my skin has never ever been better. I have spent my adult life on antibiotics for my skin, have even had to see a dermatologist it was so bad. Have used prescribed creams for acne that burned my skin as it is so sensitive and had to use more creams to heal the burns. I have been taking hair skin and nails, biotin, msm and diatomaceous earth for a month now and this month before my period i have only got a couple of tiny spots compared to the enormous ones i usually get. I cannot stress how happy i feel. I have dreaded each period for years as i knew that my skin was about to erupt and the monthly battle was about to begin again! So thank you all for your amazing advice as you guys have literally changed my life. Xxx

jane53
June 17th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Well, I didn't teach you anything, but I sure share your view!

Sammybunny711
June 17th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Awww! I'm glad you were able to get so much guidance from everyone here! I feel the same. This is the place I learned about CO, Cold Cream (for one's face), scalp massage, and so much more! This place is amazing!

IndigoAsh
June 17th, 2010, 06:53 AM
I'm right there with you! I haven't contributed much, but those that have have given us something irreplaceable.

breezefaerie
June 17th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Yes, me too. LHC has not only been a great source of information but a great place to be. :grouphug:

SpinDance
June 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I also thank all the contributors for so generously sharing . My hair is in better shape than ever before, shiny and healthy. I now regularly wear it up with forks and sticks which I now know how to use. I've even been using the self trim to dust the ends and thicken the hemline. I'm hoping that I will be able to grow past hip without the ends thinning out so much.

LaurelSpring
June 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I also agree. LHC has made a huge difference in my life. :grouphug:

GRU
June 17th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Not only have I learned a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff here, but I'm also in awe of what a wonderful community this is overall.

Internet forums are notorious for trolls, flame-wars, and snarkiness in general. But this place is amazing! The mods do a great job of whacking out the spammers, and the membership is awesome about treating each other with kindness and caring.

When new members come along and ask "the same old questions" again and again, nobody jumps down their throat and tells them to "DO A SEARCH, NEWBIE!!!!" -- instead, the information is provided (again!) and/or someone provides a link to a previous thread and/or (nicely!) explains that there are other helpful threads that can be found using the search function.

When someone has an opposite experience or opinion on something, they can feel free to share their viewpoint without worrying about starting World War III or being accused of lying, being stupid, being a <fill in the blank with whatever insult you can think of>.

This is just an amazingly supportive environment, and one I'm happy to visit (way too often!)!!!

jane53
June 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Not only have I learned a WHOLE BUNCH of stuff here, but I'm also in awe of what a wonderful community this is overall.

Internet forums are notorious for trolls, flame-wars, and snarkiness in general. But this place is amazing! The mods do a great job of whacking out the spammers, and the membership is awesome about treating each other with kindness and caring.

When new members come along and ask "the same old questions" again and again, nobody jumps down their throat and tells them to "DO A SEARCH, NEWBIE!!!!" -- instead, the information is provided (again!) and/or someone provides a link to a previous thread and/or (nicely!) explains that there are other helpful threads that can be found using the search function.

When someone has an opposite experience or opinion on something, they can feel free to share their viewpoint without worrying about starting World War III or being accused of lying, being stupid, being a <fill in the blank with whatever insult you can think of>.

This is just an amazingly supportive environment, and one I'm happy to visit (way too often!)!!!

GRU, I have been active in internet communities for 15 years, and you are absolutely right. Many communities are marred by trolls and just plain mean people. (The anonymity of the internet can encourage the worst impulses in some.)

I am continually impressed by the civility and basic decency of this community.

Kudos to everyone here!

Stephichan
June 17th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad that the information people provided was able to help you in so many ways! I too love the attitude of this community.

babybabycat
June 17th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Vanity AceCake, so glad you are having positive results!!

I have learned so much here about my hair, my health, nutrition, math, science, & how to better care for my kitty cats!! I have not had as much time to be on this website lately, but I always love to come and see what the "talk" is about. Thanks everybody!