PDA

View Full Version : Please show me your styling variety

juliaxena
June 17th, 2010, 12:10 AM
As a person who does not want to spend her long haired (when they come) days with either wearing it down one day then in a simple bun the next day, I'd love it if we - styling newbies - could read a thread that would show us how more experienced members achieve variety with a number of different styles they use. I'd love to drool at different collages of picutures from the same person. I know some people have those in their albums but they are actually not that easy to find - you realy have to be lucky. Please show us that different styles can be cool and stylish looking without bleaching and layering the hell out of hair. Hoping this thread will work :)

jane53
June 17th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I don't have photos of my styles, but I do a figure 8 bun, a lazy French twist, a cinnabun, and a half-up with a figure 8.

Explore people's albums. There are some wonderful styles and links to video tutorials!

FrannyG
June 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
You and I have the same hair type, so you might want to look at my website for some of the styles I've tried. If they work for me, they'll work for you. The link to my site is in my signature.

Masara
June 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Some of the best places to look are the hairstyle game thread on the polls and projects board and the hairtoy challenge thread on the products board.
Both have loads of photos and the hairstyle game has links to instructions.

Of course, you can also look at the articles.

juliaxena
June 18th, 2010, 03:26 AM
You and I have the same hair type, so you might want to look at my website for some of the styles I've tried. If they work for me, they'll work for you. The link to my site is in my signature.

Your site is the only one I know of to be this type. It is great!

I really don't know which users albums to check. The style game thread is nice but each member just postst one pic of the same style.

FrannyG
June 18th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Well, one thought I have is for you is to look for people with a similar hair type to yours.

An easy way to do this is to click on "Members List" on the top of the LHC page.

Near the top right-hand side you'll see "Search Members". Click on that. At the bottom of the dropdown box, click "Advanced Search".

Now you can see a page with advanced options to search members. You can then plug in what hair type you're looking for, and you'll get a list of members with that hair type. Try looking in those peoples' albums. Try similar hair types as well, such as 1b/f/ii, etc.

I hope that helps a bit.

Juanita
June 18th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Have a look at the sticky link. "links to VIT links to very important threads
Then look at the hair styling links there. There's a huge amount of pictures video tutorials etc in there.

Juanita
June 18th, 2010, 06:31 AM
It's at the top of the Mane forum

Cinnamon Hair
June 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM
I have a few ;) updo photos on my site.

contradiction
June 18th, 2010, 06:44 PM
juliaxena just wanted to say your hair in your new sig picture looks fantastic! It's getting so long now! :)