PDA

View Full Version : growth growth growth

McFearless
June 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Yes we've all taken measures to improve our hair growth.. but does that include eyelash growth? Has anyone seen an improvement in theirs?
What have you been doing?

Sorry I've just has a lifelong obsession and want for long, thick eyelashes. :cool:

Fethenwen
June 16th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Castor oil! :cheer: This really works for me, I also use it on my eyebrows. Just brush the oil on your lashes before bedtime with an old mascara brush.

Cleopatra18
June 16th, 2010, 03:07 PM
i heard about castor oil too but wasnt consistent enough,i also heard biotin makes them long.

McFearless
June 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Castor oil! :cheer: This really works for me, I also use it on my eyebrows. Just brush the oil on your lashes before bedtime with an old mascara brush.

Really? *runs to the grocery store* Yes!! I have literally 3 eyebrow hairs

Thanks Cleopatra!

naereid
June 16th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Sorry I've just has a lifelong obsession and want for long, thick eyelashes. :cool:
So that's why you have a giraffe in your avatar... :grnbiggri

McFearless
June 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM
So that's why you have a giraffe in your avatar... :grnbiggri

LOL you caught me

christine1989
June 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I always get compliments on how long my eyelashes are but rather than being satisfied with it I'm inspired to make them longer and thicker. I just picked up some castor oil for my hair so I'm thinking about trying it out on my eyelashes too.

Loreley
June 17th, 2010, 01:09 AM
I've heard about castor oil, too but I haven't tried it yet.

Purdy Bear
June 17th, 2010, 02:09 AM
My alopecia affects my lashes as well. Some suggest using Vaseline on them, but I tried that on my eyebrows and it make the hair fall out even worse.

UltraBella
June 17th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Be careful putting castor oil on eyelashes, it has a higher cytotoxicity rate than other oils and can cause ocular cell damage. It is being removed from eye treatments and will be replaced with olive, maize, or camelina oil. My husband is an eye doctor and the reaction rate to castor oil is quite high compared to other oils. Anything that is put on the lashes inevitably ends up in the eye, and that can be dangerous with castor oil specifically.

Purdy Bear
June 17th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Be careful putting castor oil on eyelashes, it has a higher cytotoxicity rate than other oils and can cause ocular cell damage. It is being removed from eye treatments and will be replaced with olive, maize, or camelina oil. My husband is an eye doctor and the reaction rate to castor oil is quite high compared to other oils. Anything that is put on the lashes inevitably ends up in the eye, and that can be dangerous with castor oil specifically.

Thanks for that, Iv noted it in my journal for later reference.

Lunami
June 17th, 2010, 11:29 AM
There are several eyelash/eyebrow-growth products. Most are really expensive and it's hard to get to their INCI. Silk naturals have a gel that i've been using for a few weeks. My eyelashes were always long but i wanted to try it for fun and they did grow but the new growth is on the tips and the color is blond! I have very dark eyelashes so this new growth is hard to see without mascara. Does anyone know about the color change? :p

UltraBella
June 17th, 2010, 07:44 PM
There are several eyelash/eyebrow-growth products. Most are really expensive and it's hard to get to their INCI. Silk naturals have a gel that i've been using for a few weeks. My eyelashes were always long but i wanted to try it for fun and they did grow but the new growth is on the tips and the color is blond! I have very dark eyelashes so this new growth is hard to see without mascara. Does anyone know about the color change? :p

New growth is always at the follicle opening at the skin surface, it's not possible for the new growth to be at the tips. Did I possibly misunderstand you ?

Toothe
June 17th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Biotin! Since I've been taking a multivitamin with biotin (about a year now) I have all kinds of eyelash action. They're both thicker and longer. (But so are my nails, which isn't so good...I'm a pianist and always have to be hacking away.)