PDA

View Full Version : Hair actually likes cones

yvsa
June 16th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Maybe my hair is weird but it actually likes cones. In the past I've tried to go coneless but my hair does not like this. Does anyone else here experience this?

Calista
June 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Yvsa, have you searched the boards? Because many people here use cones - and talk about it. ;)

HairColoredHair
June 16th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Many people's hair LOOOOOOVES cones.

It's not uncommon! Why do you think so many hair products contain them? Lots of people like them!

The reason cone-free gets talked about so much is because it tends to be harder to find cone-free products for those of us whose hair stubbornly dislikes silicones. :) :)

x0h_bother
June 16th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Not everything works for everyone's hair. Hair while so common is so different depending on the type. You'll find that difference here with products, right down to the type of cones liked and disliked. :)

Loreley
June 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Some people's hair likes it, other people's hair doesn't like it. I depends on many things whether your hair prefers coney products or cone-free ones. Cones are not bad, just not work for everyone. :)

spidermom
June 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
I love cones as long as I don't use too much.

TiaKitty
June 16th, 2010, 11:58 AM
My hairs all like cones.

McFearless
June 16th, 2010, 03:19 PM
You're not alone, my hair loves cones also. Without it my hair is out of control and dull.

Copasetic
June 16th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Lots of people like cones. My hair does well when it is cone-free and when it is full of cones. Right now I am using cones and liking it a lot.

Naturel
June 16th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah. I followed the coneless club and my hair paid the price. My hair like cones, but not all of them. It likes amodimethicone:) mostly.

Katurday
June 16th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Depends on the people but most hair likes cones. Why? Most hair in north america is damaged and needs all the chemical help it can get! Then there are those with virgin hair that loves cones, but on the boards here it is common that virgin hair does not need them and finds them "too much". As someone with tangly hair, cones make it...Like glass. Shiny, slippery and amazing. No cones gives me body and more shine, occasionally, and more waves. Cones are not the devil and there are plenty of us that bask in their glory, avoid them outside of shine serums, and alternate them with non-cones.

Angeletti
June 16th, 2010, 08:39 PM
yup I'm another hair cone lover although I try not to overdue it because I'm afraid it will build up, so I usually just do a leave in conditioner a few times between washings

Katze
August 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Another 'cone user here.

Maybe my hair is weird but it actually likes cones. In the past I've tried to go coneless but my hair does not like this. Does anyone else here experience this?

My hair only looks good when it is washed with 'cones occasionally (1-2x a month; I wash every 4-5 days but alternate CWC, WO, and non-cone CO). We have similar hairtypes so we might have similar issues - frizz, flyaways, stringiness...

Depends on the people but most hair likes cones. Why? Most hair in north america is damaged and needs all the chemical help it can get! Then there are those with virgin hair that loves cones, but on the boards here it is common that virgin hair does not need them and finds them "too much". As someone with tangly hair, cones make it...Like glass. Shiny, slippery and amazing. No cones gives me body and more shine, occasionally, and more waves. Cones are not the devil and there are plenty of us that bask in their glory, avoid them outside of shine serums, and alternate them with non-cones.

Well, my hair is mostly virgin now and I rarely use the blowdryer (except in winter when I am swimming - low heat is better than getting ear infections!). But my hair really seems to 'need' 'cones at the moment. Whether that is because of my difficult hair type, or that I am going through regrowth, is hard to say.

'cones do not make my hair shiny. Nothing makes my hair shiny. But 'cones make my hair manageable. It hangs better. The only times I ever get compliments on my hair is when I have just washed it with 'cones. I assume the rest of the time, it looks terrible...but 'cones also do weird things to my scalp, so I have to alternate, and am thinking of doing an SMT when I get the time...

Dolly
August 16th, 2010, 04:37 AM
My hair LOVES cones. 100%. As long as you watch for signs of buildup, cones are perfectly fine for some people. Others, not so much.

yvsa
August 16th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Another 'cone user here.

My hair only looks good when it is washed with 'cones occasionally (1-2x a month; I wash every 4-5 days but alternate CWC, WO, and non-cone CO). We have similar hairtypes so we might have similar issues - frizz, flyaways, stringiness...

Yes, we have the same issues:(. But the cones seem to help. So I will continue to use them. It's nice to see someone with similar hair:).

Igor
August 16th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Yvsa, have you searched the boards? Because many people here use cones - and talk about it. ;)

Thank you.

trillcat
August 16th, 2010, 06:19 AM
As a former cone head, I have yelled at people for using them, I regret this.
One of the first things you learn here is that no one product works for all hair. What may be a miracle product for one may be a disaster for another.
The cone debate will rage on here, but go with what works for YOU.
If your hair likes cones, cone away! Just be sure you are not masking damage, cones will do that. As long as your hair is otherwise healthy, treat it to what it likes, and if that is cones, that is all good!

Edit: I have started using them again, in a hair masque that my hair just loves, shhhhh, don't tell anyone! :)

pepperminttea
August 16th, 2010, 07:20 AM
It's closer than you might think. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27691) Personally I don't use cones, but IRL I only know of one other person who doesn't.

Jenn of Pence
August 16th, 2010, 10:14 AM
My hair can be a bit too fluffy if I don't use any cones, so like others I use them occasionally to add a little weight.

x0h_bother
August 16th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I love some cones. Trial and error for me. Not all cones or cone combinations are great. But cone free, on the other hand, has never worked for me.

Ferine
August 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I have the same issue. Tho my hair looks straight, there are some ninja medium and uber curlies in there, unless I use some cones, I CAN'T GET A BRUSH THRU MY HAIR!!!!!!!
So, I'm not sure if it's me or the hair, but I'm a cone gurl!!

Mexibeach
August 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
My hair likes cones at this short length it's at now; but when it's long, it goes well with cone free products.