PDA

View Full Version : Lightening and indigo deposits, suggestions please?

Upside Down
June 16th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I need some input from all of you who are way more experienced than me in using indigo... please contribute! :flower:

A little background:
I have about 25cm of hair that has been bleached and chemically dyed for some time, and the rest (my hair is between APL and BSL) has not been chemically treated and is naturally dark dark brown.
I have a lot of henna deposit on my hair (have been hennaing the whole lenght for almost a year now) and also quite a bit of indigo deposit (have been using Lush Caca Noir for about 6 months now on a monthly basis). I now get a uniform dark brown color from these two combined, and lately have been using only Lush Caca Noir without any henna beforehand, and got the same even brown color that I really wanted.

However, being myself, I am toying with the idea of lightening my hair a few shades with peroxide or honey before using henna, to get a more red color.

Do you have any experiences with lightening over henna and indigo? Will it get green? Will it lighten at all...?
The previously colored parts will probably react different to lightening, does anyone have any idea how to cope with that, that is how to apply peroxide to parts of hair?

I will do a hairball test during the weekend and then do a strand test, and all and any input, ideas, comments are very very wellcome.

Thank you! :flower:

ktani
June 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Here you go, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14214.