PDA

View Full Version : Help me to add to my regimen.

Ansaphone
June 15th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Okay, so i am trying to make my hair grow faster by living more healthy. I figured that I am not the person to sit and wait until it has grown, but I'm going to help it grow.

So, the things I do now are:

Scalp massages, every morning and evening.
Vitamin B supplements
Eating lots of proteins (meat, cruesli, yoghurt, milk, etc.)
Drinking water.
Eating lots of fruits and vegetables + multivitamine supplements.
Washing my hair with cel repair shampoo.
When straightening, I always put on protection...

Can anyone help me with it? I searched for lavender oil but I could only find massage oil...

Aurantia
June 15th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Hi, Ansaphone, welcome to LHC. :)

It looks like you have a good start already. You can do a search for threads related to this topic to help uncover some more information -- the best way to learn here is to dig, dig, dig! :)

I have a few suggestions in the way of supplements:

Make sure that one of the B vitamins you are taking is Biotin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin) -- this little wonder supplement gets rave reviews for hair growth.

Silica and Diatomaceous Earth can be considered one in the same, as DE is siliceous, but Silica alone as a supplement is typically derived from Equisetum arvense (Horsetail). The cool thing about diatomaceous earth is that it is composed of the skeletons of diatoms -- exquisitely beautiful phytoplankton with silica cell walls. See a picture here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Diatom2.jpg).

If you decide to take DE make sure you purchase the food grade; this is very important! DE is used as a natural pesticide in gardens and to treat pools, so you want to be certain you're choosing the form that is safe to ingest.

Apparently DE will give you a good starting "boost" of growth in the beginning, as well as improve your sleep quality and help keep skin clear. :)

Topical application of Aloe Gel is meant to promote growth both in producing and non producing follicles.

~

I can't say anything for or against "cell repair" shampoo, but you may want to investigate other methods of washing while you're here in the forum. Also, I know many members would warn against straightening -- protective products really don't do a lot to protect your hair; heat is going to cause damage, period.

Good Luck!

Cheers,
A