PDA

View Full Version : I cut bangs!

DreamingLong
May 12th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I have been wanting to do this for a long time, I have not had bangs in at least 10 years. I was so nervous. Anyone else do this lately? It's in style again.

noelgirl
May 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I did that a couple of months ago. I loved them for like a week, but now I'm thinking about growing them out again, because with summer coming up they just won't ever sit right on me, with the humidity and all. Plus even though they tend to look really flattering on other people I've seen, I'm not so sure if they really flatter me. Maybe I just have a weird face. I'll bet that yours look great, though!

darl_in1
May 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Yup - I did. I have never had bangs before in my life so I was really nervous too, but I went for it (it can be seen in my profile pic and album)!

As for whether it suits me or not I keep changing my mind, I don't regret it at all though. I think I look infinately better with something to soften my face.

Florida Mom
May 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I've almost always had bangs (briefly tried to grow them out once and I looked awful!!!!) To me it doesnt matter what is in style, just what I feel best in.

Congrats! I bet they look great!

paper
May 12th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I have always had bangs. I always had them cut straight across but last time I had them cut at an angle and love them. I have pic of them on my profile.

I think bangs look great on everyone. Good luck, hope you like them.

Xandergrammy
May 12th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I've always wanted bangs, but my pesky cowlick will not allow it. I love bangs. Do you have a picture?

GlennaGirl
May 12th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Bangs just do not work with me. I've tried a million times, a million thicknesses and lengths...but just like Xandergrammy, my cowlick messes with everything.

But I LOVE the look. I think bangs are adorable. Did you cut in side-swept bangs or a shorter bang or what? Do you have any pics?

Congrats on the change and have fun with it. :)

lady G
May 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I have a fairly thick blunt cut fring,e I cut my own fringe it grows so fast I have to!! I love a fringe but in summer it can get too hot for it so i just stick a hairband on the days its really hot and it looks ok that way I can have both looks and still keep my fringe :)

florenonite
May 12th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I like the look of bangs, and with my long face they probably look better than no fringe, but it drives me mad to deal with, so I'm growing mine out. I think I may leave it at the long side of chin length so that it's kind of face-framing but I can keep it out of my way.

Islandgrrl
May 12th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I love bangs. I don't have them anymore because unless I blowfry them into submission and shellac them with hairspray, they do not cooperate (I have a wicked cowlick in the front where they always try to stick out straight). I kind of miss them sometimes, but not enough to go back to having to deal with them.

Do we get pictures??

Tabitha
May 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
:sun: Now you can come and join us in the Social Group for people with bangs/fringe (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=62) ... although I am still not quite sure what we're meant to do in this group ....:shrug:

GlennaGirl
May 12th, 2008, 02:11 PM
:sun: Now you can come and join us in the Social Group for people with bangs/fringe (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=62) ... although I am still not quite sure what we're meant to do in this group ....:shrug:

Oh, I'm sure you're meant to just sit around and cut up.

Ah ha ha ha. Get it? Cut up. Ah ha ha...ha... (laughter trails off slowly)

florenonite
May 12th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Oh, I'm sure you're meant to just sit around and cut up.

Ah ha ha ha. Get it? Cut up. Ah ha ha...ha... (laughter trails off slowly)

I lol'd at this. And now I find it amusing that lol is now a verb. Internet generation FTW!

/offtopic

DreamingLong
May 13th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Ok, I put a pic in my profile. I hate pictures of myself so it won't be staying long.

Tap Dancer
May 13th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Ok, I put a pic in my profile. I hate pictures of myself so it won't be staying long.

They look really good! :thumbsup:

thunderlilies
May 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I just cut a bit of a bang myself last week - nothing to do with style, though. I'm not sure I like them though... haha! I just felt like something different.

Gabriel
May 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I just cut bangs myself a few weeks ago! They came out oky... but I left them long because I have a cowlick/whirlpool at the front of my hairline. They're already long enough to be pulled back but I really really want shorter bangs again.*first post here in a long time... must start posting more*

Najade
May 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I adore bangs! Unfortunatly they don't suite me..I have tried a few times, in different styles, bur or they are way to thick for my face and the rest of my hair, or they are sitting in a way that it annoy's me because it is hanging for my eyes.

But still I already know that I am going to try again after a few months or years;-)

blackfrostqueen
May 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I just added bangs to my hair a few weeks back. I hadn't had them since I was like six or something along those lines. It was a switch, but I'm getting used to them. :)

kimberlily
May 13th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I like the look of bangs, and with my long face they probably look better than no fringe, but it drives me mad to deal with, so I'm growing mine out. I think I may leave it at the long side of chin length so that it's kind of face-framing but I can keep it out of my way.

I'm in the same boat. I've got a long face, so I like bangs, but I hate dealing with them. I have an oily forehead, so if I have bangs, they require daily washing.

Right now, they're about 2" past my chin. Not quite long enough to get into an updo, but long enough that clips and barettes don't work well anymore because the ends stick out :lol: I cut bangs in September/06, and I've somehow resisted the urge to cut them again!

Katurday
May 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I have very bang agreeable hair, but I'm still growing mine out.
Much harder to hide a day of unwashed hair, especially with my grease ball forehead.
Bangs give me acne (both forehead and sides) so I will have a ballerina face forever. (all hair off face)