PDA

View Full Version : Straighten Long Hair FAST!

layal_22
June 14th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I recently purchased a new<product name removed> and I cant believe how well this hair iron works! My hair is wavy and thick and to the middle of my back and with the high heat of 450 degrees it only took me about 20 mins to get is super straight and smooth. So, if you are looking for a new hair straightener I recommend the <link removed> :)

p.s I got mine at <link removed> and saved 10$ with coupon code <removed> which I believe is still good to use.

Igor
June 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
:spam: Bam!

Sammich
June 14th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Wow, how obvious is this? :D Plus, it's pretty scary to hair.

Fractalsofhair
June 14th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Middle of my back is long for here? XD

(I know, I have much shorter hair, no mocking the spambot! XD)

Pumpkin
June 14th, 2010, 04:07 PM
:spam: Bam!
Yep....spam...

Pallas
June 14th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Oh giiiirrrlllll. What you're so enthusiast about is KINDA taboo around here XD

This is either a spamtastic spammaroo, or just someone who really needs to take a good look at the rules :)

ericthegreat
June 14th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I can't even list the million and one things wrong with the OP's post. But first and foremost, can you imagine applying 450 degrees of heat to any other part of your body?????? :run:

And this poor girl actually thinks that insanely overkill amount of heat is actually good for her hair.:brickwall

BAMMM! is right Igor. She never would have fit in around here.

vindo
June 14th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Damn it...now I won't be able to straighten my long hair fast ..:Lol:

ericthegreat
June 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Emi you naturally have long straight hair LOL. As do I.

In any case, if I had wavier or curlier hair I definitely wouldn't straighten them out. I'd enhance them!

Speckla
June 14th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Aw, man, you chased her away....now what am I going to do with my healthy, damage free 3a/b curls? :(

Igor
June 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Aw, man, you chased her away....now what am I going to do with my healthy, damage free 3a/b curls? :(

Don’t worry I’m sure we can get some healthy advice (plus a nice discount code) on some peroxide somewhere? :eyebrows:

Speckla
June 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Don’t worry I’m sure we can get some healthy advice (plus a nice discount code) on some peroxide somewhere? :eyebrows:

That's scary! lol. I have henna in my hair...what's the point of having healthy hair if you can't scorch it to death? :cheese:

Nae
June 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
ROFL, you peoples are cracking me up!

twilight_faerie
June 14th, 2010, 07:26 PM
...it only took me about 20 mins...

ONLY 20 minutes?!

Fractalsofhair
June 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Aww, the link was removed? I was looking for something to bake mini loafs of bread on! Now whereever will I find a flat iron with $10 off! xD

Speckla
June 14th, 2010, 08:11 PM

ONLY 20 minutes?!

Mine only takes 30 seconds. I wash my hair, squeeze out the excess water, and then slam it shut in the microwave. I pull it out 1" at a time (with the door still shut and the microwave running) and it straightens and dries at the same time. Wet to dry style! :eyebrows:

hoolahooper
June 14th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Heat styling scares me

BlueMuse
June 15th, 2010, 12:22 AM
You know, I bet I could make dried curly pasta really fast. It's probably bad I want to try that. I mean, who doesn't get bored with fresh, straight only noodles?

Loreley
June 15th, 2010, 02:13 AM
:spam: Probably the worst place to recommend a flat iron...

Newniepg
June 15th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Well, I am am certain that the OP should consider that a very successful sales pitch. The orders must be flooding in, just from that one post.

Worth the effort of joining, huh?

/sarcasm.

JenniferNoel
June 15th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I'm thoroughly impressed at this failure of a sales pitch, a valuable lesson has been learned. See, in sales, it's not just about how well you present it, but who/where you present it to.
I'll let you know if I want to hard-boil my hair along with my eggs ever though. Sounds like the OP has the ability to recommend something that will help me with that. :D

Night_Kitten
June 15th, 2010, 05:02 AM
LOL!
This thread is absolutely hilarious!
I don't know why, but I started laughing like crazy when I read the OP's post...
And then I started reading the comments... That sure didn't help me stop... :D

sibiryachka
June 15th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Mine only takes 30 seconds. I wash my hair, squeeze out the excess water, and then slam it shut in the microwave. I pull it out 1" at a time (with the door still shut and the microwave running) and it straightens and dries at the same time. Wet to dry style! :eyebrows:

Woo-hoo, can't wait to try this trick - thanks, Speckla! (For the :rollin:, that is)

rach
June 15th, 2010, 09:18 AM
:agape: scary people

hybrise
June 15th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Even knowing this is a joke, I can't help wincing. :scared:

Elenna
June 15th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I have never used a straightening iron, but it generates a very high heat, applied directly to hair. The claims are that the special ceramics and hair serums somehow protect the hair from the heat. In actually, the heat will burn the hair and cause damage. I see those things at the drug store or in beauty salons. Someone is making lotsa buckies.

Anje
June 15th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Brilliant! And if your hair's not too bulky, you can heat your oatmeal for breakfast at the same time!

*/Anje fake-runs off to try this.

PrincessTieflin
June 15th, 2010, 11:44 AM

:agape:

My hair hurts just thinking of that!

:spitting:

Thanks for the laugh I needed that!

Long_hair_guy
June 15th, 2010, 11:50 AM
When I was reading it I was thinking 450 C (not F). I was thinking that it would turn your hair into ash. When I get my haircut I even tell my hairdresser not to straighten my hair because of the damage they do.

Coffeebug
June 15th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Brilliant! And if your hair's not too bulky, you can heat your oatmeal for breakfast at the same time!

*/Anje fake-runs off to try this.

Multi-tasking!! I like :lol:

little_cherry
June 15th, 2010, 12:55 PM
What an AMAZING idea!!! I'm only at 19 inches...it would take me much less time to zap my hair and do my oatmeal at the same time..YAY. :cheese:

**In all seriousness though...I see no difference in straightening wet hair and microwaving...the water boils inside the hair...SCARY STUFF!! :shudder:

Aww, the link was removed? I was looking for something to bake mini loafs of bread on! Now whereever will I find a flat iron with $10 off! xDBAH!! Tell me about it...and I was sooo looking forward to that fresh baked bread smell.....ehh.. *runs away flailing her arms in despair*

Well..I guess I'm going to have to use my blowtorch... *sigh* Can't get any quicker than that...:eyebrows:

Igor
June 15th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I always found it hilarious that people think that applying some sort of “heat protection serum” or “special ceramic plates” will make heat less damaging.
Heat is heat. Temperature is temperature. The science of these two doesn’t care what you use for “protection”

There is no way you can lessen the damage of putting 450 degrees of hot plates directly on your hair. All serums and materials aside, you still transfer 450 degrees of heat directly into your hair to make the water molecules in your hair boil from the energy.

Try giving your skin the same treatment and see if the serums and ceramic will protect you from blistering burns. The only difference is that skin will eventually heal. Hair wont

GlassEyes
June 15th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Like I've said for a long time. If it protected form heat, we'd dose our firemen in it.

Though, technically, I did read SOMETHING that might support it--the silicones in heat protection serums tend to help the distribution of heat from the flat iron, thus reducing damage THAT way--but the difference is incredibly slight. They're mostly used to aid in creating the appearance of smoother hair. That's why use one, anyway. Technically, the one that works the best for me thus far doesn't even have cones... xD;

Also: difference between microwaving and flat ironing: 1) your hair shouldn't be wet, thus, it shouldn't boil 2) microwaving uses radiation--you'd have a bit more to worry about if flat irons did 3) I have a feeling the microwave would do more damage. xD

cobblersmaid
June 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM
This would be great for making hot sandwhiches at work!!! My hair is long enough that I lay it on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven. Just shut the door, and lay down next to the oven!!!

GRU
June 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Great, now I want a cookie.....

Nae
June 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Like I've said for a long time. If it protected form heat, we'd dose our firemen in it.

That is SO funny! My brother is a fireman and I would totally pay somebody to dump some heat protectant on him. I am imagining a bucket placed strategically over a door when he least expects it! :rollin:Muhahahahahaha! :twisted:That would be hilarious!

He would glare at me all dripping and I would say, "Oh that is to protect you from heat, I am just looking out for ya little bro!":wannabe: That way he wouldn't get all. :flamed:

Unofficial_Rose
June 15th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Incinerate Long Hair FAST!

cobblersmaid
June 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Great, now I want a cookie.....

Here you go. :cookie:

GRU
June 15th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Here you go. :cookie:

Awww, thanks!!!! :joy:

Ansaphone
June 15th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I am almost ashamed to say i do use a flatiron... even though i know everybody is joking at the spambot. Irons work for me, especially now that my hair has been cut wrongly.. but I know that after it has grown to one length again I will get back to my waves again for a while:)

Fiferstone
June 15th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'm old school.

I crank my iron up to the "linen" setting.

and then iron my stick-straight, sopping wet, freshly-washed hair at the same time as I iron my shirts. The shirts get the needed amount of steam/moisture from the hair, and the hair gets flash-dried (flash-fried) in seconds!

Multi-tasking at its finest.

KahlanAmnell
June 15th, 2010, 11:34 PM
LOL Funny stuff. Yep, I'm sure baking my hair would help. (I wonder if I could cook my food with it?)

Melisande
June 16th, 2010, 04:04 AM
The spambot surely had no idea, how many happy smiles and hysterical giggles would follow that post? Your ideas have made my day...

Igor, I love that smily, I didn't know it...

Anje
June 16th, 2010, 07:28 AM
I'm old school.

I crank my iron up to the "linen" setting.

and then iron my stick-straight, sopping wet, freshly-washed hair at the same time as I iron my shirts. The shirts get the needed amount of steam/moisture from the hair, and the hair gets flash-dried (flash-fried) in seconds!

Multi-tasking at its finest.

My mother actually did this as a teenager... though I don't know if she considered the multitasking potential.

halo_tightens
June 16th, 2010, 07:40 AM
My mother actually did this as a teenager... though I don't know if she considered the multitasking potential.

Mine too! When she saw my flatiron for the first time, she said how much she wished they'd had something like that when she was in high school, lol. They had to take turns ironing each other's hair on the ironing board.

ETA: Not that mine has been used anytime recently! I think I still know where it is... maybe.

*Aoife*
June 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Mine too! When she saw my flatiron for the first time, she said how much she wished they'd had something like that when she was in high school, lol. They had to take turns ironing each other's hair on the ironing board.

ETA: Not that mine has been used anytime recently! I think I still know where it is... maybe.

I thought that was just a joke from the Simpsons
:agape:

halo_tightens
June 16th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I thought that was just a joke from the Simpsons

I was actually a little surprised to learn that people did that, too! I mean, we always hear of people ironing their hair, but I had never put two and two together and pictured them IRONING their hair, ya know? :D

ukuleleclaire
June 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
My mother has beautiful curly hair (which she wears curly these days).

When she was in high school she would get up at 6AM every morning, my grandmother would bust out the ironing board and clothes iron, and they would iron her hair straight. It sounded absolutely ridiculous to me as a teenager. But I considered it no less ridiculous to be doing the same basic thing, only without the ironing board and a special iron. :rolleyes: When I asked my mom why she would do such a thing, her reply was, "It was the 70's."

Thanks all for the laughs on this thread - they are much appreciated this morning!