PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Before Water?

Beatrice
June 14th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I've been deep oiling with coconut for about a week, at night before I wash, and after doing this a couple times I started to see results. Yesterday I decided to take it a step further. When I got in the shower, I put conditioner right over the oil before I wet my hair. After that, I washed as usual, concentrating the shampoo on the scalp and not touching the length, and followed with lots more conditioner.

My hair felt amazing. It was softer, with a more defined wave, and it took an hour longer to dry. The results were much better than those I achieved by first wetting my hair and following up with CWC. I didn't use any leave-ins, and the humidity was the same as it's been in recent days. Maybe the coconut is just building up on me, but I think I'm onto something. Has anyone else tried this method?

naereid
June 14th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I tried that just yesterday! Today my hair feels much softer, too. But since I also left it on for half an hour instead of 10 minutes, I wasn't sure what helped more.

ButterCup02
June 14th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Sometimes I mix a little bit of EVOO with conditioner, warm it up a bit and then put it on my hair dry and let it sit for about an hour before wetting/washing. It always makes my hair feel lovely and soft!!

JenniferNoel
June 14th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I do this every other week! It's a great solution for me. My hair always ends up feeling soft and moisturized. It's a little too "heavy" of a method for my very oily scalp to do every wash though. My hair gets very greasy, very fast, very easily. :p

Carina
June 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
This sounds like something my hair would go wild about.Will try it the next time I wash it.Love to try new methods.LOL !!!!

Beatrice
June 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
It's great to hear you guys are getting similar results! If enough people try this method and like it, we might have to give it a name. Though it's basically just a pre-shampoo treatment, applied in the shower. I think leaving it on all night or a few hours before washing may help, but my experience suggests that you don't need all that much time to get results. Hooray for time saving!

minnie may
June 15th, 2010, 12:44 AM
basicly this is a variation of ursulas mega moisturising wash: a heavy prewash oiling followed by a smt instead of straight condish...

Purdy Bear
June 15th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I didnt try it with conditioner, but with shampoo. I found water and oil dont mix, so I was left with a mass of greasey looking hair, so I had to put the shampoo on first before any water.