PDA

View Full Version : Good growth spurt ruined by paint :(

kristymarie87
June 14th, 2010, 06:49 AM
So i was looking at my hair last night while i was styling and notice it all of a sudden had grown below my collarbone :D Only by a lil bit, about 0.5 cm, but was noticably thicker too!

I havent done anything different....well i tried coconut oil had had to re wash my hair coz i put way too much in, and got herbal essances silky stright shampoo.

It seemed to stop growing for ages and then shot down :D

The bad part it that my hair clip had fallen into a puddle of paint in the drawer that had tipped open (was a tester) and i didnt realise so was left with clumps of sticky half dry paint in my dark brown hair! I was almost crying! My bf picked it out and scrubbed it with a sponge and pulled at the hair...now my scalp is sore and my hair feels all rough where the paint was :(

Jessclewlow
June 14th, 2010, 06:57 AM
OH NOOOOO!!!!! get some intensive conditioner on it and let it soak... being an artist im constantly covered in all sorts of paint related rubbish... best thing ive found is to soak your head in the bath in the hot water and then depending on the paint type you should be able to pick it out... especially if its acrylic based. problem with paint is it has so many chemicals and drying agents in it it rips moisture from you - my hands aer a prime example!!
give your hair a treat with an intensive moisturiser and repeat for the next week or so and it should get some of the moisture back in it :)

Jessclewlow
June 14th, 2010, 06:58 AM
oh yeah and smack your boyfriend for being too rough!!

alwayssmiling
June 14th, 2010, 07:53 AM
oil is good for dissolving paint

kristymarie87
June 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM
oh yeah and smack your boyfriend for being too rough!!

He gets beaten up by me enough so i guess i will let him off!

I invested in some silky ends shampoo/conditioner and its left it feeling much better!

The paint is all gone which it good :D