PDA

View Full Version : Hair obsessed dog

Jezzie
June 14th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Not sure if this should be here (mane forum) or in pet ponderings because it's hair and dog related!

I have a miniature pomeranian who is obsessed with my hair. When I say obessed I mean really obsessed! I used to think it was just my shampoo/conditioner scent but I've changed so many times over the years and he still loves my hair! If I'm lying on the floor he'll come over and stick his nose in my hair and try and pull it out so he can play with it. If I spread it out he likes to lay on it and sniff and snuffle all over it (strictly a luxury for him when I'm due to wash my hair only!! :puppykisses:) If it's in a braid he'll actually try and pull the braid out!

Has anyone else experienced this with their pets?? I think my dog missed my waist length after it was cut more than anyone else!

Loreley
June 14th, 2010, 05:26 AM
That's funny! But obviously it can't be very comfortable when he's pulling your braid... I had a cat which loved playing with my hair. He always started playing with my ends and after he got bored with that he started jumping on my back while I was sitting. He scratched my back madly. :p My friend used to have long hair and her dog always caught it and pulled it, too.

Jezzie
June 14th, 2010, 05:36 AM
That's funny! But obviously it can't be very comfortable when he's pulling your braid... I had a cat which loved playing with my hair. He always started playing with my ends and after he got bored with that he started jumping on my back while I was sitting. He scratched my back madly. :p My friend used to have long hair and her dog always caught it and pulled it, too.

lol I used to use my braid ends to play with my cat but she'd just give me the haughty stare of death. Luckily I don't get the cat scratching the back but I do get the rabbit scratching the chest when she tries to get comfy while being tucked inside a jacket, her fav spot on a cold evening.
(Yes I have a menagerie - 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 rabbit and 4 pigeons to boot!)

Long_hair_guy
June 14th, 2010, 06:29 AM
My parents' cat used to try and eat my hair when it was braid. Quite funny since 10 seconds in she stops and runs away.

The worse thing my parents' cat did was that she scratched the back of my neck has she was trying to get my hair from the other side. Lets just say my hair was down for around week after that

SpinDance
June 14th, 2010, 06:53 AM
My cat likes to play with my braid, and if it's loose, tries to play with it as it hangs down my back. Not all the time, just randomly as the mood takes him. He likes to take the elastic off the end of the braid. Since I've been wearing buns instead of braids lately he's taken to noticing my necklace!

jasper
June 14th, 2010, 07:01 AM
I've had my mom's cats play with my hair, but that gets dangerous pretty quickly.

princessp
June 14th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Haha! One of my dogs does love to stick his little nose in my hair and kind of wrap it all around him, but he's an overall weirdo (a cute and sweet weirdo though).

sibiryachka
June 14th, 2010, 10:09 AM
My brother-in-law's cat is an infamous hair chewer. She'll get up on the back of the couch behind her chosen victim and settle in for a good gnaw. It's funny, until she gets serious and starts digging her claws in to make you hold still!
BIL is African-American, and wears his hair trimmed very close. Pigglet likes to groom his whole head as if it were a fellow cat. You can tell when he's let his hair get a bit too long; it leaves funny little cowlicks/catlicks sticking up all over:p

pinkbunny
June 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have a cat I have to watch closely when my hair is braided - she goes nuts & tries to attack the tassel. I think that's more just "cat-nature" than obsession, because she'll swat anything dangly.

When I had ferrets, they would always try to nose around in my hair if it was down and I picked them up on my shoulder. Again, I think it was more instinct, because they loved nosing around under blankets, in sand, etc... lol

Quixii
June 14th, 2010, 10:15 AM
One of my cats loves my hair. He'll attack/bite/play with my hair when it's down, especially when it's wet.
The other two cats don't seem to care. :shrug:

Tiina
June 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
My father's dog (a boxer-mongrel) used to like licking and chewing on my hair as a puppy but she grew out of it eventually. Still, sometimes she sniffs my hair very intently. It's a little discomforting as she's so big. I'm afraid she could fit my whole head in her mouth. :)

Cholera
June 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
My puppy tries to chew on my hair when I pick him up, but he's not nearly as obsessed as yours! Ha. My old cat liked to lick my braid tassle after I put coconut oil on, too.

Jezzie
June 16th, 2010, 06:32 PM
hehe I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with obsessed pets!

Katurday
June 16th, 2010, 07:01 PM
My bird will perch on your shoulder and loves sticking his head inside long hair. He also loves to hitch rides on buns and climb loose hair. When I want to make him happy, I'll take a small strand and stick it in his cage while he nibbles on it and tries to hold on to it with his little birdy feet.