PDA

View Full Version : Classic length sighting (with pic)

ale
May 12th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Yesterday I saw the most wonderful longhair couple I've ever seen, and of course I took a pic of them! The guy was at least six feet tall and he had a blonde ponytail well past tailbone length, and the girl had dark classic length hair that she wore down and loose.
That's the longest hair I've ever seen in person, and the first time I see hair longer than mine (hmm, I don't live in such a longhair surrounding..), double find!

Poppy Seed
May 12th, 2008, 04:31 AM
That's beautiful!

swanns
May 12th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Aww they look amazing!

And I know what you mean about not living in long hair surroundings... TLC makes me forget that in real life my hair is actually quite long, you don't really see that many past waist-lenght hairs outside this community :D

maria_asa
May 12th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I don't want to be the "bad one" but do you know this couple and have their permission to post their picture online?

Other than that, yes the hair is really beautiful!

Nat242
May 12th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I don't want to be the "bad one" but do you know this couple and have their permission to post their picture online?

Other than that, yes the hair is really beautiful!

I was going to ask the same question, though I understand why you were impressed.

-- Natalie

Kuchen
May 12th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I was going to ask the same question, though I understand why you were impressed.

-- Natalie

Thirded. Flickr is very popular with f*tishists, for a start.

ale
May 12th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I thought about the permission to post the pic, but the faces are not shown and their are not "identifiable" (as laws state, as long as I know), so it should not be a problem.

AutumnLeaves
May 12th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Wow! Such luscious length!!! I wonder if I'll ever get to that point!

Nat242
May 12th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I thought about the permission to post the pic, but the faces are not shown and their are not "identifiable" (as laws state, as long as I know), so it should not be a problem.

Perhaps, legally, but it remains an ethical question.

In addition, an LHC member was recently spotted on Flickr and identified here, because her hair is so uniquely long and gorgeous :D You might want to check out that thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=3282&highlight=flickr) for a discussion on the ethics of posting photos without permission :flower:

-- Natalie

aisling
May 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Yesterday I saw the most wonderful longhair couple I've ever seen, and of course I took a pic of them! That's the longest hair I've ever seen in person, and the first time I see hair longer than mine (hmm, I don't live in such a longhair surrounding..)
The pic is [edited]. Enjoy!

It might not be a legal problem in the country where you live, but I see it as a moral problem and as a very questionable action by another longhair. I would personally dislike this a lot and I've reported this thread.

Jason
May 12th, 2008, 05:53 AM
That's awesome to see both the man and woman with such incredible length. Thanks so much for posting this photo.

darl_in1
May 12th, 2008, 06:14 AM
It might not be a legal problem in the country where you live, but I see it as a moral problem and as a very questionable action by another longhair. I would personally dislike this a lot and I've reported this thread.

^^ What she said.

ale
May 12th, 2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't mind if someone posted a pic of me on the Internet, and it ts evident that there are different ethical views here!
Moderators feel free to delete this post if it's not accepted here, and next time I'll keep my sightings for myself.

LisaJaney
May 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Ale, I did remove the link (broke it, actually) because the people here tend to be quite private about their pictures and extend the same courtesy to strangers -- the assumption that they would mind if their image was taken and posted publicly. You're right -- some would not mind, and others would be flattered, but still others would feel "displayed" and it is for the more private people (they're all over!) that we choose to err on the side of caution here. My apologies. I happen to be one who probably woudln't care (not that my hair would inspire envy or admiration in anyone, so it's not like I'm going to be a subject of any photos anytime soon anyhow) if the site were reputable and I knew people had both hands on the keyboard while viewing but that's simply not the case with the internet. :shrug:

I know you meant no harm, you're not in trouble, I just wanted to let you know why the people here got riled about the pic and to let you know that 'you're not in trouble'!
Thanks,
LisaJ

ale
May 12th, 2008, 07:00 AM
LisaJ,
I was just going to edit my original post to remove the link, I don't want to cause discussions.

Beatnik Guy
May 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Adding to what LisaJaney said, unlike some hair sites, here at TLHC we really do frown upon what are sometimes called "streetshots" and are otherwise known as "stalking with a camera". I'm sure this wasn't your intention, Ale, but I'm going to close this thread so not to prolong the discussion.